or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I've refactored the formula, so it runs in a Swift Playground:Code:let AAPLsharePrice = (AAPLsharePrice > 99 ? println("🎉 Laissez les bon temps rouler") : println("😧"))Ah yes ... the stunning Mrs Peel:
FWIW, the best TV series I've seen in a long time is Downton Abbey.? AAPL > 100 NSDate
Wow! Great video -- they're not selling' soap the way they did in the 1980s ...You can easily see the native apps -- the executive spreadsheet, the taking pictures of, and rearranging store shelves ...Ahh, yes ... Sybase ... Sybase was the first major db to be ported to OS X -- I was a beta tester. FWIW, Sybase was almost identical with MS DB-Server ... the two companies collaborated and went their separate ways. Back then, Sybase was much cheaper to deploy ...Yes!...
Ha!@digi ...That reminds me of an old Bobby Darin song:With apologies in advance (gotta go put my dancin' shoes on ... I'm no swimmer, but were she slimmer ...:https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/multiplication/id30394501?i=30394536BOBBY DARINMultiplication Multi-curation LyricsWhen you see a gentleman beeAround a lady bee buzzing,Just count to ten, then count again:There's sure to be an even dozen.Multiplication Multi-curation, that's the name of the game.And each...
Do you continuously carry your phone in that hand -- or, do you sometimes put that phone in your pocket, purse, satchel, backpack, on the table, on the desk ... ?Two points:The watch has to be within >4-8 inches of the phone for NFC to initiate a connectionIf the phone is off, the NFC in the watch will use additional power to wake up the phoneAs I explained in an earlier post, BLE is a much better solution (faster, greater distance, less power).
First, apologies for my selective quoting and clipping -- I tried to preserve the original context ...I have some questions about current enterprise apps for mobile -- whether smart phones, tablets or mobile computers.@Relic and @Marvin -- you both seem to have current or recent experience in this area ... but anyone else with enterprise IT experience, feel free to enlighten -- I really do want to understand this.Question 1:From the posts quoted above, it appears that ...
From Ken Burns' Civil War series: A week before the battle of Bull Run, Sullivan Ballou, a major in the 2nd Rhode Island Volunteers, wrote home to his wife, Sarah, in Smithfield. My very dear Sarah: The indications are very strong that we shall move in a few days - perhaps tomorrow. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write lines that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more. Sarah, my love for you is deathless, it seems to bind me...
^^^ This!
Here's a real-life example of a sophisticated client-server app that I recently beta tested. They were doing things today, that we'd never do back in 1997 with a 4800 baud modem.The app is a business app that is roughly analogous to a multiplayer game -- where each player has a location, some assets, and status. Whenever a player changes anything, his complete status is sent to the server where a db is updated and the updated status of all players is pushed to each...
Thanks for that -- simple honesty ...I've added it to the remembrances I've jotted down over time -- it gives me great comfort to review them when things are going wrong.Native American PrayerI give you this one thought to keep -I am with you still - I do not sleep.I am a thousand winds that blow,I am the diamond glints on snow,I am the sunlight on ripened grain,I am the gentle autumn rain.When you awaken in the morning’s hush,I am the swift, uplifting rushof quiet birds...