or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yep!Then there's this:
April could be the month that launches the perfect [Apple Pay] storm ... Who will be the first bank that offers a $500 cashback bonus for the first $500 charged using Apple Pay? For those who don't have an iPhone 6 or later, but an iPhone 5, 5C or 5S -- they will need to buy an Apple Watch to take advantage of the $500 bonus ... How will they pay for the for the Apple Watch -- you guessed it ... They will Buy the Apple Watch with the Apple Pay cashback bonus.
Or Google will!poo poo pee doo
Yesus Marta ...The first @Geospatial post I checked mentioned:http://www.mandli.comFirst, the video:This tech is about so much more than street view and location -- it can be used to monitor and evaluate the roads, signs, bridges, rails, buildings infrastructure.Then there's this little beauty:http://www.mandli.com/maverick/Mmm ... I wonder ... My daughter just bought a new Jeep Cherokee ... She's only driven 3,000 miles & itching to take some road trips ...Maybe some...
Or RueVue ... a French double entendre
Yes! That has great potential!Here's a video I made in May of 2013 using Apple Maps 3D Flyover and Google Street view:This video shows the Paris Westin Hotel on the Rue de Rivoli across from the Tuileries Gardens.This illustrates the advantages and disadvantages of both:Google Street View:has better (real) images -- though it is cluttered with people and vehicles.cannot zoom out/in for different perspectivequirky, serial, slow navigation -- limited to the paths available...
[/quote]In earlier pictures of these vans, I noticed that The LIDAR sensors were at an odd attitude -- different from those used by Google and NavTeq to map Street view. It could mean that these cars could map and trilaterate WiFi and Cell towers to determine location -- in addition to mapping street view. Then, an iDevice could use this data to determine its location instead of GPS.@ leavingthebigG suggests that is what Steve was excited about in his post above.In...
Perhaps, you're holding it wrong ...
Mmm ... Something I haven't seen/heard discussed: So, Apple is prepping 5M+ Apple Watches for the initial build/release ... I wonder, how many extra Apple Watch Bands .. . And how much they will cost. My grandkids go through, on average, a new iPhone case every 2 - 3 months ... and they pay for themselves with allowances and chore earnings. How many Apple Watch Bands will a typical user buy ... How frequently .. What is Apple's margin?
Yep!Three ... 1 for My Daughter, 1 for me and 1 for development -- Would have bought 4, except there was only 1 8GB left, and the guy behind me in line had been waiting for hours ...AT&T had some sweet irony ... the line blocked the front of the Sprint store ... Sprint customers stayed away in droves ...