or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I seldom use PayPal -- only as a last resort! Maybe 1-2 times per year. Yet I have had mistaken transactions which took weeks to reverse.With Apple Pay the only people who have your credit card data are you and your bank. You purchase things with a perishable, one-time token which has no information about you, your bank account or your credit information ... it is useless to hackers.With PayPal, and online sites like Amazon, they save (or you repetitively, optionally...
Using Senator Carl Levin, D. MI, -- as a impartial judge of tax policy boggles the mind!Levin and his like are responsible for the Shining City on the Hill -- that is Detroit -- politicians, with a vested interest (in power, re-election, personal reward ...) going wild with spending the tax-payers' money to the benefit of a few.... Don't get me started ... It is amazing how someone, of ordinary means, can devote their life to Public Service -- and amass a personal...
I would add to that non-citizen legal immigrants!
You can make on-line purchases via Apple Pay. For example:in app purchases - including Target who doesn't, yet, support in-store Apple PayiTunes StorePrepay takeout orders made on-line, e.g. Panera BreadStubHub for event tickets ...The point is, that Apple Pay payments are secure -- PayPal are not!
Why new manufacturing jobs ... why not new Engineering jobs ... why not new Programming jobs ... why not new R&D jobs ... or G&A jobs ...What about spending the money on P&E * ... Education grants ...Turns out, likely, Apple can do a better job of spending the money with as little government interference as possible ... for the benefit of all -- instead of politicians awarding funds to their pet projects for their their (and a few) benefit ...*...
Define their fair share ... 0% ... 5% ... 10% ... 15% ... 35%... 50% ... 75% ... 98% ... 100% ?Define my fair share ...Now, I'll do you ...
Well, it'll never pass unless the.Feds put the tax revenue into a lockbox /s
I've always wondered why Apple didn't implement an optional cursor mode for the iPad. The way it could work is something like this:the user selects cursor mode from a tool bar or with a special gesturethe cursor starts in the center of the screenthe user places a finger on the screen offset from the cursor as desiredas the finger is moved, the cursor moves in synctap your finger to select whatever is under the cursorlift and move, then replace your finger * to...
It was the best mouse solution commercially available ... hard to be better than the best. It sold millions!Certainly, tech has progressed since 1984, but that doesn't make it any less right for the needs and tech of the time.
Actually, Apple got the mouse right in 1984 with the release of the Mac.