or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

For those who think that Tim should not have gone public because of his responsibility to Apple, it's shareholders, customers, suppliers ...Consider what would have happened if someone else had outed Tim to the general public:For example, this from 2011:http://appleinsider.com/articles/11/01/20/apples_tim_cook_profiled_as_most_powerful_gay_man_in_silicon_valleyProbably better for Tim to address this, responsibly, on his own terms and time of his choosing -- rather than...
Distraction MW Definition: dis·trac·tion noun \di-ˈstrak-shən\ something that makes it difficult to think or pay attention something that amuses or entertains you so that you do not think about problems, work, etc. a state in which you are very annoyed or upset I don't think that any resaoned person would claim that any of the above definitions have been demonstrated by Tim Cook as an Apple executive or by Apple as a corporate organization. Then, the question...
It's about not being ashamed to be whatever you are ...
^^Yes!
I really don't know how to respond to this ...Here's a try:Apparently it is a big deal to many here, on other tech forums, and the news networks!I think that being open about being gay will offend some ... but that's just minor, necessary bump in the road.In the long run it will help others -- I believe that is his reason for doing it.For Apple, he has turned a potential distraction into a non-issue. That's exactly the way we should expect a competent CEO to perform.
From the article:
Hear! Hear!And thanks to Steve Jobs for placing Tim in the position to realize his full potential as CEO of Apple -- the greatest corporate organization in the world!
PC Rules!
I absolutely hate the translucent Safari tab bar in Yosemite ... Scroll up a page (like this forum) and you can't see which tab is selected!
In my day, Gruen was a manufacturer of quality watches and clocks ...A popular answer to the question: "What time is it?"It's 9:30 PM .. It's Gruen Time!(I had to be in before curfew