or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Based on 37 years of observing Apple: Big event tomorrow --- with some unexpected surprises ...
Mmm ... It's called the Apple Watch -- not the Apple Wrist Watch ...from that I infer the Watch can be worn on other than the wrist ...Might make Apple Pay difficult -- but the tradeoff could be some interesting taptic notifications  
Kidding aside -- I think an Apple Watch app could detect a long/hard press and send an alert to whomever ...Even better, an app could periodically monitor the pulse rate and automatically send the alert when an aberition is detected.
Here's the quote I like best:"... it's worth pointing out that [t]here are very, very, very few products that allow you to hand someone cash and be given back TIME"http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-will-make-you-use-your-iphone-less
The idea of the smart strap interests me ... When the Apple Watch was announced, an electronically-connected strap seemed to be a natural for accessories -- such as a strap containing a squishy battery ...
^^^ Best post!
@mstoneI notice that your location is Republic Of Panama ...Have you moved from Southern Calif -- or just dual citizenshiP?
Based on what I've seen and read -- that is a very reasoned evaluation.
Mmm ...That is quite impressive!I went to Amazon and applied for the $100 off special.In the meantime, any videos I record will be peppered with: "Alexa, is my significant other cheating on me?".
I agree with both of you that a force touch is more intuitive than a long press.It occurs to me that I am equating the two, because the only way I can test the Apple Watch is on the simulator -- where you do a long press of about 1 second with the mouse -- to simulate a force touch on the screen ...Anyway, I'm willing to be convinced.