or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I think that iOS and OS X are going in parallel -- I think that Swift and IBM have a lot to do with it!
I don't believe that Apple will "artificially bifurcate the iPhone line" (or the iPad line). Rather, they will say that the new iDevices have the new A8 APU, and leave it (the CPU Spec) at that ... Then they will use any different variants to match the requirements (cost, performance capacity) and intended uses of the specific devices.This is how they do it now for iPhones:http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/And for the iPad:http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/I don't...
I can see several reasons for different variants of the A8: Faster clock speed and maybe enhanced graphics for iPad (Especially an iPad Pro with larger screen. Same for new AppleTV for console-quality games. It's been quite a few years since I worked in the semiconductor industry. Back then, they would manufacture to a set of target specs -- then test for those specs. Rejects weren't discarded -- rather they were re-tested to lesser specs for use in lower...
Ahh ... Dixieland ... one of my great weaknesses ...Anything by Kenny Ball is great -- but, my BFF is Teddy Bears Picnic ... or My Mother's Eyes ... or American Patrol ...As to converting CDs and DVDs, If you have kids or grandkids, pay them, say, $1 per album imported into iTunes (labels and metadata) -- then let iTunes Match do the rest.You'll get high-quality DRM-free music that you can play anywhere. The kids'll earn some cash -- and just might gain an appreciation...
Yeah! 'Cept my similar experience probably predates yours by a decade or 2.BTW, due to your wiki post, I went and checked some dates ...My dad was 6 years old when Mr. Zip Zip Zip ... was published as a record ... It is quite likely his dad sang the song to him back then.I was 6 years old in 1945 around the time he sang it to me ... End of WWI and end of WWII.Strange coincidences??
IDK either. They do however alter your own files when concerning artwork: .png doesn't work and gets stripped out, making you in need of checking up on your library as iTunes Match deletes it from your local files as well. Plus they replace high resolution artwork with lower ones, most likely to save on bandwidth. Read it today while searching on the copyright issue, but too lazy to find the link again. Sorry 'bout that.But what about this:Ha!I just couldn't repost that...
Read it slowly ... you can move your lips Ladle Rat Rotten HutWants pawn term, dare worsted ladle gull hoe lift wetter murder inner ladle cordage, honor itch offer lodge dock florist. Disk ladle gull orphan worry ladle cluck wetter putty ladle rat hut, an fur disk raisin pimple colder Ladle Rat Rotten Hut.Wan moaning, Rat Rotten Hut's murder colder inset, "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, heresy ladle basking winsome burden barter an shirker cockles. Tick disk ladle basking tutor...
I don't believe that Apple is "selling music that comes from your private collection".The way I understand iTunes Match is this.iTunes match scans your librarythe song/album names are sent to iTunes in the cloudany files that match the Apple's Master iTunes Library are not uploaded -- just pointed toany unmatched files are uploaded3.a) No reason to clutter your iCloud storage with songs that already exist in the iTunes Master Library (better quality, DRM free). I believe...
Not scanning for copyright protection -- just the opposite.Read this:
Ha!In 1978, our Sunnyvale Computer Plus store was located in a shopping center at Fremont and Mary in Sunnyvale -- .7 mile from Apple's new headquarters on Bandley Drive in Cupertino (a block NE of Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale-Saratoga (later renamed to De Anza.)Our landlord Steve Vidovich had his office across Mary Ave. from the store.I wish I had access to it, but on Steve's wall was an old photograph with an areal view. In the center was Steve's father's (or...