or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I don't think I, or anyone here, suggested an iPad can replace a desktop for all uses. I too, have a loaded iMac 5K with an external 27" monitor -- and use it for most of my heavy lifting.However, there are times when I want to do things when away from my desktop (in bed, outside, on a trip, at a soccer game, in front of the TV, etc.). The current iPad fills this need quite nicely. An iPad Pro with likely enhancements (popup tool tray) would be even better.Also, I...
Well ... maybe it does. The Apple Watch illustrates the advantages of Force Touch with no bezels. In an app, you can even ignore the crown to scroll a list or pan/zoom by swiping along an edge -- it's very natural. And, Force Touch makes it unnecessary to have a Home Button on the front.
Yeah ... But, I bet that I'm older and fartier than either you or @mstone
  To those debating the the need for a kb vs the need for a more modern tech -- for photoshop. CADD, etc. -- from the article: It appears that there may be a middle ground -- a popup tool tray ... Think about it! It could be tailored to the app and customizable by the user -- and would would support 2-handed operation that easily could exceed what you can now do with a kb. For example, while drawing with stylus (or finger), you could simultaneously change...
I agree!   I think that most of the attitude issues (flat, low-angle slant, upright) can be addressed with a case -- for example the iPad 2 case with the magnets (the one where you bought the iPad 2 - just so yu could use the case).[/QUOTE]On another note, as much as I wanted a smaller iPad for the supposed convenience of it, I have found out that for me the smaller size does not add to the experience as I thought I would. And this is especially true for 8" Android...
With a USB 3 connection, the iPad pro could be used as a Wacom Tablet, custom A/V keyboards and additional displays for a Mac. Once they get Force Touch working on that size display, Apple could reduce the bezels to almost nothing and use it for components of a video wall.
Odd you should mention google. I used to make short videos of the grand kids soccer games and post them to the teams' websites. Usually this involved special effects (retiming, etc.) that highlighted a play -- often set to music. I would grab one of my iTunes songs for the music. After uploading a video, there would be a delay of minutes, where the music was analyzed for copyright. It was like a slow Shazam, but after 10 minutes or so, YT would correctly identify the...
Mmm ... According to some early pictures. the exterior of the Google OnHub Router is completely covered with marks -- circles about 2 inches in diameter ... It seems that people keep touching it with a 10-foot pole   
Somewhere in storage I have a numbered original of this poster. It was [supposed to be] Apple Internal-Only and only 100 were made:
I don't think that's quite the way it happened.The network did run well -- but it wasn't really hacked -- at least not on the Apple ][. The Apple ][ encouraged 3rd-party interfaces and published the contents of their ROMS with instructions on how to use them. Later, Apple did the same with the Mac. AIR, this was true for IBM-compatible PCs, too!Corvus Omninet performed competitively with Ethernet and had significant cost and installation advantages.Since the Concept...