or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

relic's take
Finally, someone who makes sense
Often, by closely examining these parts, one can predict the capabilities of the device.For example, when Apple released the lightning connector, there was a discussion whether it could be used with the much faster USB 3. The Lightning connector apparently had one less pinout than is necessary to support USB 3. Some suggested that the contacts on the edges of the lightning connector could be used for ground -- freeing up a pinout for USB 3 ...The fact that this article...
Das ist Blitzen!
This?http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/11/why-apple-bought-anobit/I read somewhere, that the Anobit tech allows inexpensive NAND flash to perform faster and more reliably for a small added cost.
Could the Lightning port now support USB 3 and 2?
Does that mean that he's going to join the Polish Army ... or the Cub Scouts?
We first went to Apple Bandley 1 in June 1978 -- as we drove up 2 guys left by a side door and went the building next door ...They each were carrying an IBM Disk Pack (cartridge) -- I mentioned to my wife that these were what we used on the maimframes at the IBM Palo Alto Systems Center (where I worked for IBM, at the time).So, I assume, that even back then they were running on an IBM 1130 Mini (1130 OS?) or an IBM/360 (360 DOS) -- and, likely, wrote their own apps with...
A very insightful and savvy post!Tim is educated as an engineer and in management. He has corporate experience working for IBM, IE, Compaq and Apple.Steve built Apple2 into a finely-tuned engine running on all cylinders -- his best creation is Apple2, itself -- the people and vision that make it work.Tim has the opportunity to use Apple2 as raw material for an even greater vision -- the responsible and successful organization of the future.I believe he is up to the job...
You do realize that the BOD is not involved in the day-to-day management of the company. As chairman of Intuit, Campbell could not directly cause Intuit to implement Mac software. Rather, he could recommend to the board and to the CEO that they consider implementing Mac software.Before making such a recommendation, Campbell would have studied the issue to assure that it was a viable opportunity for Intuit -- more likely, he would have recommended to the CEO that they...