or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Agreed, this is one of DED's better articles ...We went down this path, a bit, in another thread -- where we discussed the possibility of using multiple Ax CPU/GPU chips to augment laptop and desktop processor and graphics capability.I think there could be significant gains in things like optical flow analysis, real-time effects rendering, codec/format conversions, etc. In other words, tailor the software to the hardware for a few, specific tasks.The question, IMO, is the...
I'm no gamer, so this is an honest question.Do you really see a return to the desktop for gaming -- once people have experienced the freedom and flexibility of almost-as-good mobile gaming?I would think that the economies of scale would drive enhancements to mobile gaming hardware/software/apps/accessories much more rapidly than on the desktop. Consider the advances in mobile phone photography and video capture, for example.
From your second link:The above mirrors my experience, almost exactly ... Because DED was, mostly, stating things I wanted to believe, it took me longer than I like to admit -- to realize what he was about.DED is knowledgeable, intelligent and is capable of writing excellen, concise articles. But, too often they deteriorate into a tirade about every real or imagined slight DED believes wronged him.I can usually guess, by the wording of the headline, when an article is...
Wow! That's way beyond my metalworking skills -- Impressed! I'll limit my comments, mostly. to the woodworking.Do I detect the ways for an Incra Fence system? It is interesting that you're using the saw table for metalwork assembly -- do you use any of the saw jigs, or is it just a convenience/space issue?Maple, isn't it? I like the mixture of industrial design and fine woodworking!I like it! Cherry? Mahogany? I never had much luck/patience with varnish. I used to...
It's circumstantial, but it's matter of style. I followed DED on Roughly Drafted and DED/Prince McClean on AI for years. After a while, you recognize the style and can predict with high-accuracy what is coming ... like Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Hannity, Chris Matthews et al.If you go back through @Corrections posts -- AFAICT, they are only made to attack posters criticizing DED articles ... And the style of using embedded BOLD instead of quoting makes it difficult to...
"for free"and"floundering"Like Wow!We communicate on so many different levels/threads
Dup
Thx for the link -- very timely.But will I be able to play the banjo?AIR, in "The Demo" by Doug Englebart, along with the mouse he also used a one-handed 5-key chord KB to enter text and commands. AIR, they did some special training and typists were able to increase speed and accuracy over a QWERTY KB.Odd .. the mouse caught on but the Chord KB never did.
LOL. Sure!Actually, I would very much enjoy seeing some of your work!I have no pictures, but the most difficult metalworking challenge I had was in HS Shop. I played the trumpet and made a Jazz mouthpiece -- seems simple enough, eh?Problem is, the stem of a trumpet mouthpiece has a hole that tapers from about 5/8 inch at the trumpet end to about 1/32 inch at the cup (lip end). I had to design and make a taper drill in order to make the mouthpiece -- everybody else was...
In many ways that is scary -- it removes chance and mitigates failure ... How does one fall in love ... learn from their mistakes ... strive to be the best ...But, I agree it will happen!