or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yeah ... I'm certainly guilty of pushing that limit!
Mmm ... Profound!Since reading your post, I've been mentally reviewing my conversations with French individuals as a visitor to their country. I suspect that I have insulted them -- though unintentional and unknowing, it's no excuse.Brings to mind the cartoon panels of the "Ugly American". There's this American tourist, decked out in Hawaiian shirt, shorts, baseball cap -- camera gear hanging everywhere. The American tourist is trying to make himself understood to...
OK!Here's some more info on how it works!http://bankinnovation.net/2014/09/heres-how-the-security-behind-apple-pay-will-really-work/
Enjoyed talking ...Back in 1973, my parents took my wife, 7-year-old daughter and me on a grand tour of Europe ... after a few days in London, we went to Paris -- Stayed in the Intercontinental (now the Westin) on the Rue de Rivoli ... could see the Eiffel tower from our balcony. After a $10 each ham and egg breakfast in the hotel my wife and I convinced my parents to try some recommendations from Europe on $5 a day ...They were game and we tried a recommendation of a...
Not so much if you include lobbyists/politicians in the mix ... They've just institutionalized the processes!
Mavericks and Yosemite can use HandOff to do the job without tethering.I suspect that all new Apple hardware (Macs, MacBooks, AppleTV, iPhones, iPads, etc.) will have NFC and TouchID.Any or all of these device can be used as an ApplePay paying device -- or as an ApplePay/General NFC/Credit card merchant POST.
Ha!There are some things that that just won't work with ApplePay ... and maybe not even a credit card.I'm reminded about a semi-fashion mail-order apparel house we were trying to automate (while I worked at IBM).The least obvious (but most interesting) part of the process -- was opening the mail ... Opening the mail??Yes, Opening the mail! The two partners would arrive each day (even if they had to get off their death beds) to open the mailEach envelope contained an...
IDK the length ... I'm an Apple Developer and I can't find any information ... yet.But, even when the SDK becomes available, I suspect the token package contents and algorithms will be privy only to Apple and the Banks providing the ccs and accepting the tokens -- neither you, the customer, the app developer nor the merchant need to know.But I suspect that the token doesn't to be as long as the 23 characters included in a cc swipe (or key entered) transaction:16 char...
By "online" do you mean online to the Internet.If so, that would be horrible ...But, think about it:case #1 you just wave your iPhone 6 as demoed (I bet the iPhone could even be in Airplane mode with all radios disabled except NFC).case #2 when you put on your iWatch -- it contacts your iPhone and gets TouchID enabled until the AppleWatch is taken off (or until overtly disabled).In both of the above cases, the ApplePay device (AppleWatch or iPhone 6) could communicate with...
Just imagine what sales could have been -- had the store been up at 12:01 AM PST!