or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Or RueVue ... a French double entendre
Yes! That has great potential!Here's a video I made in May of 2013 using Apple Maps 3D Flyover and Google Street view:This video shows the Paris Westin Hotel on the Rue de Rivoli across from the Tuileries Gardens.This illustrates the advantages and disadvantages of both:Google Street View:has better (real) images -- though it is cluttered with people and vehicles.cannot zoom out/in for different perspectivequirky, serial, slow navigation -- limited to the paths available...
[/quote]In earlier pictures of these vans, I noticed that The LIDAR sensors were at an odd attitude -- different from those used by Google and NavTeq to map Street view. It could mean that these cars could map and trilaterate WiFi and Cell towers to determine location -- in addition to mapping street view. Then, an iDevice could use this data to determine its location instead of GPS.@ leavingthebigG suggests that is what Steve was excited about in his post above.In...
Perhaps, you're holding it wrong ...
Mmm ... Something I haven't seen/heard discussed: So, Apple is prepping 5M+ Apple Watches for the initial build/release ... I wonder, how many extra Apple Watch Bands .. . And how much they will cost. My grandkids go through, on average, a new iPhone case every 2 - 3 months ... and they pay for themselves with allowances and chore earnings. How many Apple Watch Bands will a typical user buy ... How frequently .. What is Apple's margin?
Yep!Three ... 1 for My Daughter, 1 for me and 1 for development -- Would have bought 4, except there was only 1 8GB left, and the guy behind me in line had been waiting for hours ...AT&T had some sweet irony ... the line blocked the front of the Sprint store ... Sprint customers stayed away in droves ...
Now, you both have heard from someone (I use my real name, here) that intends to buy 5 -- one for each member of our household!We all have iPhones (5 and above) and iPads (2 and above).The Apple Watch will have the ability to notify family when any of us is in danger -- excessive or no pulse rate.That, alone, justifies the Apple Watch!In 2001, my wife died suddenly, unexpectedly -- while I was less than 40 feet away in the computer room ...
And a circa 1985 $7,200 LaserWriter (at the time Apple's most powerful computer) ...
Those vans don't appear to have the same kind of cameras and laser equipment that are used for mapping. Google and NavTeq have vans with big antennas and spinning lasers on top. Also there's not much in common for the places where the vans of been seen -- Wisconsin, Northern California, Hawaii, Florida, Panama ... I wonder if they are testing the reception of some kind of communication radio to replace cell phone radios.
... It's illegal to drop people or objects over populated areas ...