or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Cookies ...
As I understand it (with some unclear bits) ...The Secure Enclave on the iPhone 5S and later is used to store the biometric data for TouchID.The Secure Element on the NFC chip on the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch store the user's account number used to generate the token.On the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, the System software pairs TouchID authorization and NFC authorization to accomplish Apple Pay within a single device.The Apple Watch can determine if the Watch has been...
Yea, lotsa' potential!I see two big targets at the top right of that chart: Java and JavaScript.I think that Java programs could be handled by a SIFT program -- possibly re-integrate Java into Xcode so it can co-exist with Swift within an app (ala Swift/Obj-C) ... IBM could be quite interested in this,As for JavaScript -- Swift source:can look a lot like JavaScript sourceis saferis fastercan be programmed interactivelycould be integrated with an interactive WebView UI...
Ha! (my second Ha of the day).My first experience with ForTran was on an IBM 1920 ...The 1620 was an inexpensive scientific computer that was code-named CADET while under development. The 1620 performed arithmetic operations by table lookup ... CADET stood for Can't Add, Doesn't Even Try!Hmm ... Don't See FARGO (Forteen-oh-one Automatic Report Generating Operation) on that chart
What problems with the SDK? Much of it is being (or has been) rewritten under the the direction of Chris Lattner (creator of Swift).I agree with you on IB -- but that's [mostly] old code too! Storyboards are a modern addition to [replacement for] IB that illustrates a more modern approach to UI design and prototyping. IMO, Apple needs to update things like Bindings. Undo, etc. to make them less fiddly with more capability and better defaults.Then meld Storyboards and...
Ha!Gotta love RPN.I first saw an APL demo in White Plains in the spring of 1968 -- and started using it to do PERT scheduling and some coding, later that year.I can write that APL program in 1 [very, very long] line of code Problem is, when I come back next month (or this afternoon) I can't read/understand what the progam is doing -- or how ... Now where did I put Iverson's phone number???
Oh oh, bo bo ... ta ta ...... poo poo pee doo
That's a very good point!It would nice to see an ad that shows:card entry by the consumer via iPhone camera / acceptance by the bankpaying for a purchase at a merchantthere is no step 3
I think that as Apple Pay evolves and propagates, we will see merchants and banks, alike, offering incentives to the personal and business consumer to use it.Incentives like:consumer opt-In loyalty/rewards tracking for specific merchantsproviding categorized digital receipts for budget and expense accountingcashback discounts for using bank's credit servicesreduced prices/fees to reflect savings in payment processing costs and fraud reductionconvenience of non-cashier...
Hey @digi ...We all know what the best camera is -- the one you have with you ...But what happens when you have both an iPhone and a top of the line pro camera (and attendant lenses, etc.) with you.Surely, the iPhone can handle some photography-related tasks better than the camera ...Surely, the camera can handle other photography-related tasks better than the iPhone ...Wouldn't it be nice if each were designed to exploit the capabilities of the other when used together --...