or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I suspect he means Fully-Accessible iOS -- as developers can write apps for it!Also, The AppleTV could respond to Siri commands issued thru an iPad or iPhone. I'am always issuing Siri commands to my iPad 4 while watching the big screen (get sports updates, program times background info ...).Then, when Apple Watch becomes available, I suspect we'll see the Apple TV (and HomeKit Accessories) being controlled with air gestures to scroll, swipe, select ...
@JupiterOne ...Thx!I first heard that routine on a 78 RPM record, circa 1948 -- before TV ... He was a little edgier on the records ...Brings back some good memories and laughs!
Nah! SilentWriter ...
Yep! And they already have MS Office running on iOS ARM if they want to go ARM Mac with MultiTouch!
Obviously you're joking ...But there is a need to provide a HyperCard-like capability to the mobile devices of this decade!Consider:An iPad (any iPad) has more compute power than the original Apple ][, the original IBM/PC or the original Mac.Yet, the average person cannot make this wonderful device do what he wants it to do!Sure you can buy some apps -- or if you're a programmer, write some apps ... but what about the rest of us?Have a look at this:http://kano.meAnd,...
Good points!
I have no qualms about adding ssd or hdd storage to AppleTV ... though it wouldn't be necessary for the uses you describe.We have 18,000 songs and over 1,200 videos (mostly movies) in our 5.4 TeraByte Home Theater collectionIt resides on a Promise Pegasus 10 TB Thunderbolt 1 RAID connected to my mid 2011 iMac (in the office) with 802.11n WiFi (no 11ac).A typical scenario would have Mom in the Family Room watching, say, Downton Abbey TV series episodes on the big screen.At...
Not a problem!I just did a quick test -- unplugged the AppleTV 3rd generation (not latest Rev A).On restoration of power -- everything was available same as before!You could get an inexpensive UPS.HomeKit supports multiple houses: Regular Home;  Beach House;  Mountain Cabin ...Likely you would have an intelligent HomeKit monitor/controller (AppleTV) with UPS at each location.HomeKit Accessories (locks, lights, sensors, etc.) must meet certain minimal requirements to...
I understand the Display / TV incentive.The, location -- not so much ... you can easily get the geolocation of wherever you install an AppleTV or iBeacon. But you need at least 3 iBeacons (geolocations) to trilaterate, say, your indoor location on an iPhone. You would need special software on the iPhone to allow it to be tracked.I suspect that WiFiSLAM tech could do a better job of location -- given the availability of WiFw signals from multiple AppleTVs.At some point...
This little self-contained, hockey-puck-size device is coming into its own: Access to your home theater content Portable, ad hoc WiFi connection to on-location TVs for presos Now, remote monitoring and control hub for home kit accessories I suspect that the AppleTV / HomeKit offering could easily be expanded to provide similar function for a small business (or department within a larger business). Then, a new AppleTV, with an A8X APU, more RAM, 11.ac, etc. could be a...