or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

What expo? What's it all about? Fill us in.
I wasn't trying to show things that couldn't be done in Obbj-C or vise versa. Rather, I was trying to illustrate the workflow going from interactive debugging to a compiled app. I could have eliminated the compiler error, but I thought it better to be honest and note that you, likely, will have slightly different versions of code in the Playgrounds and in the compiled classes (at least for now).Yes, most of the work is in the frameworks -- and much of the problems is...
Yes, Swift continues to change -- it is evolving, but it is reasonably stable for a beta. I'd say it is no worse than other new frameworks as far as bugs, work-arounds or learning difficulty.As I see it, the advantages of Swift are (in no particular order):all the code you don't have to writereadability and ease of code maintenanceinteractive development, testing and debuggingsafe code -- if it compiles it will runspeed of executiongraceful migration - coexistence with...
I think that allows the AppleTV to be a controlled accessory -- as oppposed to having what I want, the AppleTV as a home controller.Unfortunately, I can't test any of this -- my latest Mac doesn't support BLE so I can't control anything with the simulator tool. I bought a BLE dongle -- no luck!
I'm not saying that there won't be some OS changes when the new phones are rolled out -- but I'd expect them to be minor or limited to Apple-only apps.At WWDC 2014, Apple significantly opened up new and previously closed APIs to developers. There are lots of things for developers to exploit and much to keep them busy.If Apple were to announce new iOS features/APIs at rollout of the new iPhones -- most developers would not have time to take advantage of them.There are...
To reinforce that:Almost everything announced at WWDC for iOS will run on iOS 7.1 and Current hardware that supports iOS 7.1. The same applies for Macs and OS X Mavericks.AIR, there were no (nor have been any announced) hardware features that require iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite.For example, there is no problem running Swift apps on Mavericks or iOS 7.1.And interactive Swift Playgrounds (requires a Mac Running Xcode) runs on Mavericks.
... then there are Muslims convicted of stealing ...
Actually ... I think this is a pretty innovation solution!It is my understanding that one of the appeals of larger phones in the developing world -- is that it is the only computing device the individual owns. In that case a larger screen would offer advantages for two-handed or table-top use -- larger keys for typing comes to mind ... viewing web pages ... reading books or magazines ...But there are some one-handed uses where reach [accessibility] trumps display...
Oohhhhhh ... A Captain Midnight Secret Decoder Ring:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_decoder_ring