or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

This is going to sell a lot of, iPhones, iPads and AppleTVs, said Tim, expansively
Actually, li'l brother Paraphrasing Father Flannigan: He ain't big, he's my brother!
To paraphrase Paul Harvey: We can't all stand around in a circle pissing in each other's pocket -- and get relief, thereby.
The line just got a lot longer ...
Boo, hiss
One of the early extensions to Swift could be a CICS interface!When I worked for IBM providing technical market support for CICS, some said that CICS (Customer Information and Control System) was, in reality an acronym for Consistently Ignore Customer Satisfaction Ben Riggins is BALR 13ing in his grave
Likely, one of the early extensions to Swift will be a CICS integration.When I worked at IBM providing maket support for CICS installations ... Some, at the time, said CICS stood for: Consistantly Ignore Customer Satisfaction
Ha! I wonder how many, here, know the origin of that!
Mmm ... iBM has a market cap of $195 Billion -- AAPL has cash totaling $147 Billion ... I remember when Apple went public -- Jobs joked that they would buy IBM and Xerox ... One could say that he made it possible!
Wow! Thanks for that link!I didn't pay much attention to Jobs when he was at NeXT -- too busy trying to survive in a an increasingly commoditized retail computer business in Silicon Valley. Then we sold the business in 1989 and retired to Arizona -- missed that whole Internet thingie.Anyway the linked article expose a side of Jobs that I've never seen before. I suspect he was like most people -- left leaning on some topics and right-leaning on others.