or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I read lots of complaints of how difficult Office was to use on the Surface ARM ...But, isn't that all history? Does MS still offer an ARM-based Surface? I thought Ballmer wrote off $ hundreds of millions before he left!I may be wrong -- I don't follow MS much these days!
Hmm ...I think you may both be right ... and, wrong ...@ThePixelDoc: Right:the vast majority of consumers, likely, use an iPad as a single-tasked: a full screen (in-your-face) app that allows you to do something, then, maybe share with a server or another in-your-face app -- like editing a picture then emailing it to a friend.40-60 year old sales people and executives that are the most primitive of users and the most difficult to train@ThePixelDoc: Wrong:The enterprise...
I've been known to make wiled predictions, myself -- keeps the blood churning through the brain But, if not here ,,, Where?The 'Nix interest by MS is interesting ... as is the fact they got Office running on ARM iOS 'Nix -- and never got it to run on the ARM Surface OS -- whatever abortion that was!3 major Tech companies in partnership -- smells like restraint of trade ...To me the word partnership connotes a joint effort for a common goal (products and/or services, in...
I think that you're right about the Markup extension ...Well, maybe not obvious to him ... perhaps he had recently bimped his head I started on the Siracusa review ... excellent, but long ...
Easter Eggs or something more ...I just searched OSX Apple Maps for Stonehenge * ...If you tap info on the dropped pin it gives you a button for an ad hoc 3D Flyover Tour of Stonehenge only* Stonehenge came to mind because it was shown as a 3D background for the @PhilBoogie link to get your business on Apple Maps.Then I tried Eiffel Tower, Transamerica, Cologne Cathedral, St Peter's Basilica ... same thing ...What's going on?Then Notre Dame Cathedral, Arc De Triomphe -- no...
Ha!I think you done broke the code ...This forum is "IBM's first enterprise apps for iPad to launch next month as iPad reaches 90 percent tablet share in U.S education"And the Apple Maps app is the key!Those 413,000 IBM employees worldwide ... Why they are all going to get a $10 bonus for each valid correction they submit to Apple Maps data Odd ... I just noticed that there is no way to report a probleem with the OSX Apple Maps app
It was about midnight and ATT averse seemed to keep up -- very seldom displayed a missing tile [grid].About 60 miles East of SF.Yeah, I know the site ... but, I was looking for cities with automatic 3D Flyover Tours.No Chicago, No LA ... but Tulsa and Modesto ... Modesto ... Really?Thanks for the extension link -- great!Apple has 80,300 employees 1/5 the number of IBM.This says it all:Finally, walking out the door on his way to school -- my 14-year-old grandson said:"I...
Actually IBM paid GF $1.5 Billion to buy their chip business Apple could buy IBM:IBM Employees: 431,212 (2013)IBM Market Cap: $164 BillionBut, I don't think they want to ... I, personally, don't think they should!For one thing, two totally different cultures -- two totally different markets!Another thing -- those 400,000 employees have vested retirement benefits.Yes, there could/can be spillover benefits between consumer and enterprise -- but I believe that can be...
Yes, Both! I see geo-fencing as an option -- as a search option (as you suggest) or a user-defined selection.Apple's Preview app has annotation tools (shown in the image). These include: Oval, Rectangle, Pen and Text.If maps had these tools, a user could display a 2D Hybrid view of St. Patricks -- then use the rectangle, oval or pen tool to draw a geo-fence around St. Patricks:Then explore in 3D at your pleasure!
I suspect that Apple and IBM will share ownership of any jointly-developed IP -- including enhancements to hardware and system system software. I suspect both IBM and Apple will write apps based on that IP.The most exciting Apple enterprise app is currently disguised as a consumer app -- Apple Pay ... Think about it!As to Google -- no advantage to IBM there -- inferior hardware, OS, ecosystem ...Unless, IBM has completely changed -- they don't offer alternative...