or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yes!And almost every one of these Apple/IBM announcements will involve IT support at the various enterprises ...IT will want to write their own apps to interface the Apple/IBM offerings ...Likely, the IT apps will be written in Swift on Macs to interface the Apple/IBM apps running on iDevices and IBM's cloud.It's hard to see any downside to this.
That's an interesting question.Apple has said they are not interested in looking at (or having access to) your personal health data.However, the way it could be handled is:IBM provides secure backend services (including private medical records, analytics, etc.) to healthcare providersThe provider could obtain the patient's authorization to:  use the IBM services;  allow Apple submission of their individual HealthKit/ResearchKit data to IBM.I think that both the aggregate...
I think that all but the interface stuff could (should?) be made available as a rewritten Foundation library.And an immediate benefit to Apple is that anyone who teaches/learns the new, open source Swift implementation is, by definition, conversant in modern Apple programming. Edit:To my mind the big issue is the UI stuff -- can Apple provide a useable UI Library without giving away the family jewels?A possible approach may be a higher level implementation of...
Ahh ... that's the beauty of it! Give it away and keep it too     I guess the NS prefix will morph into Native Swift or New Swift.Apple could use Swift internally, and make it available to Apple developers as a:iOS and OSX programming languagesystem level scripting language replacing OAS/AppleScript/AutomatorPro app (Final Cut. Motion, etc.) scripting languagesame for iWorks appsiTunes, Photos, iBooks, etc. helpersiCloud helperspossible new HyperCard-like app --...
I suspect that Apple will open source Swift at some point.
Well ... It depends on what the meaning of IS purchase date is ...Say, You order a watch on April 10 -- that's your Order Date.Say, they ship it to you on June 1 -- that's your Purchase Date.Technically, the Purchase Date is when you take ownership of the goods ... According to the terms of sale, this usually occurs while the goods are in transit (for legal, payment, insurance, etc. reasons).Normally, for an Apple store purchase, there is the Order Date, Prepare For...
Again, you may think that's what Apple does ... but I don't believe it!In almost 37 years in dealing with Apple I have not found that to be true ... Apple tries to sell every product a customer is willing to buy in a timely, and profitable fashion.I am so impressed with their performance that I have tied a significant amount of my family's fortune to AAPL stock!
Mmm ... don't know if it will happen -- but how will you feel if your delivery time improves as they get their act together?It's happened to me more than once -- I went to change a backordered item and it had already shipped!P.S. They don't charge your cc until the product is ready to ship -- so, not really fully paid for!
No! AppleCare coverage begins when you receive the Apple product! If you cancel the order, they will refund the AppleCare charge to your cc.If you think about what you'd want Apple to do in any situation -- likely, they already do it ... Or will do it, if you tell them about their situation.I've been dealing with Apple for almost 37 years (June 1978) and have always been satisfied with the way I have been treated. 
Yes! The secret items are brilliant ... and the food is good too!I first experienced In-N-Out in the early 1950s in Pasadena. They are still at the same location ... ~ 2 1/2 parking spots, maybe 2 outdoor tables and a 30' x 30' square building with a drive-thru line on either side.During busy times (lunch) the cars line up for several blocks -- but are courteous enough to leave space to enter nearby businesses ...It's a Pasadena tradition ...And it has the sign -- sadly...