or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Recently, a friend opened her first cc account -- a BofA Visa card with $2,500 limit -- included as an incentive was an instant cashback bonus of $200 for the first $1.500 she charged!I can visualize a similar offer for an ApplePay card -- where you use the cashback bonus to buy the iPhone -- the purchase of which, qualifies you for the cashback bonus.
I, too, believe that there needs to be a $0-$50 ($29.99 would be great) TouchID reader -- an ApplePay device that works with any platform and any browser ...And, I believe that ApplePay device should be a Apple/bank/cc provider/merchant-subsidized iPhone 6.The gift that keeps on giving -- "we will give them the rope that they use to buy more rope" ...
Then, there are those who play the virtuous circle game ... they invest in AAPL, use proceeds to buy Apple ... which gooses [appreciates] AAPL ...
Oh, IDK ... at the current 5.865B shares outstanding ~$170 (~+55) would do the job ... and it's ~+22 since the split.The big unknowns, IMO are Watch, TV, Pay and IBM ...Pay could provide tremendous entre/leverage to market/finance Apple products into emerging countries with populations in the billions ...IBM could result in massive penetration of iOS devices into IT, enterprise and institutions (and secondary sales to their employees for home use).On another thread,...
... or premature immaculation
Damn!Now, you've done it!I surfed Transmeta, the K1 ...Here's something from an ARS writeup:http://archive.arstechnica.com/cpu/1q00/crusoe/m-crusoe-1.htmlAnd something about the K1http://hothardware.com/News/Nvidias-64bit-Tegra-K1-The-Ghost-of-Transmeta-Rides-Again/And, of course, IBM was experimenting with something similar (x86 translation) on its PPC chips ...And, of course, there were [are ?] issues about licenses to use the Intel x86 instruction set.So, we have the...
The Internet has a big wet butt ... I rest my case!
That's 180 degrees out from what I want!I think that Swift is (will soon be) a superior Scripting Language to JavaScript -- for all the same reasons it is superior to other compiled languages.I want to see Apple offer Swift Scripting as a standard (alternative to JavaScript) ala WebKit ... I suspect that App;e wants to do that too!In a post after yours, i illustrated how the internet is already with the source * available to any client-side visitor ... I would like to...
Since we've wandered WOT, the internet is already broken ...Bloated, inefficient use of bandwidth, ISP limiting speed, insecure, lack of privacy, mind-numbing ads and distractions such as autoplay videos. open to tracking, crawlers who harvest data, open to hackers who can reverse-engineer a site and misdirect to another ...As an exampleof the latter, I displayed the source of an AI page -- here's a partial display of what's available to anyone ... if you search, you can...
That's not what I am suggesting!As Apple has one of the most efficient implementations of JavaScript in it's Safari browsers -- it would be stupid for them to abandon that.A.  If I want to write an iOS or OS X app that accesses the web, I can use:a server-side Java app communicating directly with a client-side Java appa server-side Java app serving to a client-side HTML/CSS JavaScript interpred appB:  Alternatively:a server-side Swift app communicating directly with a...