or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Ha!You might change your mind if you had an experience like this:When I first went to work for IBM in 1964 -- it was in Las Vegas, Nevada.There were slot machines everywhere -- restaurants, stores, coffee shops, supermarkets, carwashes, gas stations ...When you bought anything they'd give you change in silver dollars instead of bills.It was a real PITA, because you'd have to make a trip to the bank to exchange the silver dollar for bills, or conveniently (for the...
Ahh ... Bo Derek ...She certainly pushed all the right buttons!
Your comments about Sears are interesting ...The credit card I use most is Discover -- minimum 2% cashback on everything, pay balance every month, no charges or fees, 1 month float, releif in case of incorrect/invalid charges ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discover_CardApple Pay is not currently supported by Discover -- though others have posted that they are making noises as if they will support it.I certainly hope they do!
Excellent! Incorporate Apple Map ApplePay locations and iBeacons ...
I think that iOS 8 (and its attendant problems/quality issues) is one of those watershed moments that occurs every decade or so. With iOS 8, Xcode 6, Yosemite -- Apple, essentially has turned the [Apple] developer environment on its head ...Never before have Apple APIs been so open, iOS so extensible/flexible ...And, new and expanded Apple Services and integration: iCloud, iTunes, HomeKit, HealthKit ...In addition, we have the potential of Apple partnerships: IBM -...
Or it could be:This old man, he played one,He played knick-knack on my drum;With a knick-knack paddywhack,Give the dog a bone,This old man came rolling home.Since. we're talking "China" here, the song has special meaning -- based on a true story: during the Japanese invasion of Chine during WWII -- where children are marched across the wilderness to freedom while singing this song to distract them from the danger and their impossible quest.It's a real tear-jerker ...See...
Oops ... Did I hit Submit on that -- I meant to hit Cancel.
Sorry, for the full re-quote showing the images again ... Yeah right!.There are two women in our household -- my daughter and granddaughter. My daughter subscribes to the Victoria's Secret catalog.I asked her to save these ... I use them to get a wood fire burning just right in our family room fireplace. They are compact, store in a minimal space and burn hot ...But, when you use them to feed a fire, you can't just roll them up and stuff them in-between the logs. ...
Bingo ...And, then 2% instant [merchant] discount when you use Apple Pay ...BTW, there is absolutely no reason that paying with Apple Pay prevents you from participating in loyalty, coupon and lay-away prorgrams!
AFAICT, the Apple Pay transaction will be better than a "card present" transaction -- because it can validate the cardholder's identity ... That should translate to less risk/costs for the bank, the processor, the merchant and the cardholder.