or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

How about marshes, tidal areas and swamp lands?Edit: and Detroit and the South side of Chicago ... 
Your case for the specific use of land for this Apple solar farm may be valid. But, multiply that by a thousand, or hundreds of thousands who might follow in Apple's steps ...Also, many (if not most) forest fires are a natural occurrence -- caused by lightening ...Temporary scorching of the land is part of the renewal process for some trees ...
A friend once explained to me that the cosmos is an entropy -- anything we do to change it, [for the better] makes it worse ...
I am in favor of this but have some concerns/questions. It appears that Apple has made a way to make this financially attractive -- that is good, and as an AAPL shareholder, I welcome it. I don't want to get into the whole global warming, settled science, green is good discussion -- those subjects are too pregnant with opportunity for personal, political and financial exploitation. I have, both, used solar power to advantage (heating a large swimming pool) -- and to...
http://9to5mac%2ecom/2015/02/10/wil-shipley-swift/
Code:class ViewController: UIViewController{ @IBOutlet weak var display: UILabel! var userIsInTheMiddlefTypingANumber = false var brain = CalculatorBrain() @IBAction func appendDigit(sender: UIButton) { let digit = sender.currentTitle! if userIsInTheMiddlefTypingANumber { display.text = display.text! + digit } else { display.text = digit userIsInTheMiddlefTypingANumber = true } }From...
I guess you could call me a grandpa -- I'm 75 and have 3 grandkids ... But I resent the stereotype! Actually, I prefer concise code and abstraction as opposed to specific step-by-step instructions. I like leveraging, trusting, building upon supplied standard solutions (frameworks, Storyboards, etc.) as opposed to re-inventing the wheel -- then proliferating my nonstandard solution across many projects.It is amazing (to me) now many respected, excellent programmers...
Please check to see if the new features you mention are addressed in 1.2 and list any that don't work.
In my testing, so far, there have been very few updates to the Swift Language. Most of the updates by the migration tool address the compiler targets and runtime.
If I use swift I don't have the C++ option anymore and I'm stuck with whatever dispatch mechanism I compiled it with.But you do ... My fault, in order to save space. I intermingled the code. They are not separate programs -- rather they are all included within 1 App. The Swift portion is the main file that calls the others:I got the app from the web. If you have Xcode 6 you can try it ...lost the link, bit will post it when I find it!Edit: Here's the...