or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Have you seen the Queen's Farris Wheel (or whatever it's called)? On OS X El Capitan and iOS9 on an iP 5s, you can see the wires supporting the wheel ...Not only that, the wheel rotates in real-time! Try that with Google Street View, Maps, Earth!Periodically, Apple opens the kimono a little to tease us as to what's possible/coming ...This is such a little thing -- but a big thing, really -- How'd they do that?FWIW, I love OS X El Capitan and iOS9 -- in the words of...
Predetermined result of the old TV series Hawaii 50 ... I just looked it up -- It's actually "Book'em Danno!"All these years ... like the drum majorette in the Playboy cartoon ...Yeah! Crowdies are an excellent potential source -- but the submissions need to be monitored/moderated!
I posted this about 3 weeks ago:This was a pretty good navigation experience:The Watch would tap your wrist to get attentionSiri would tell you what to doand the directions were displayed on the iP 6.The Jeep (Dodge product) does not support CarPlay. As you say, the experience could have been better:display the directions on the cars HUDsquelch the radio when Siri talksWe were doing mostly freeway driving and didn't experience any road noise -- a 2015 vehicle with the...
Mmm ...Greece ... What a disaster, from everything I read. Economy in ruins ... becoming a welfare state.It's a pity, that a tourist destination like Greece doesn't take a more proactive part in promoting tourism.It would seem that they could pay someone $millions to create Street View and Flyover maps and easily recoup that with increased tourist trade and the supporting jobs.I can envision someone with an iPad (travel agent or tourist) running an app [using Apple Maps...
Ha! A man who knows his automobiles!The big question, though -- Are those Apple Vans equipped with CarPlay
Exactly! Posted this on another thread:
I think Apple is planning to do something disruptive with maps ...This could include:3D Flyover enhancements and more sites3D Flythrough with dronesSimulated lighting, shadows -- positioning and time of dayStreet ViewCrowd-sourced images and videosIndoor mappingSeamless integration of the above.There have been great improvements to the mapping APIs available to developers -- almost anything you can do using the dedicated Apple Maps app (both iOS and OS X) can now be...
LOL.Gengis Khan also pulled his music from streaming on Botoxify ...
... I thought, at WWDC, Apple said that they were going to open-source Swift ...
You done broke the code!... it's called disruption -- and not just for artists on the Indie labels ...But, the labels still have the Payola card to play!