or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

In many ways that is scary -- it removes chance and mitigates failure ... How does one fall in love ... learn from their mistakes ... strive to be the best ...But, I agree it will happen!
Ahh ... I too have metalworking / woodworking experience ...Two overarching rules I learned:Remove all jewelry, rings, watches, bracelets, chains, necklaces, pendants, loose clothing -- everything -- before starting any power tool!Count your fingers before starting any power tool!Here's an example of a little puzzle I made: A pennyhedron (quarterhedron, actually) -- this little gem was made from C-Grade Exterior 3/4 Plywood:My experience is just the opposite ... ...
IDK about sensors on the watch -- with BLE and WiFi it would be more practical to interface the sensors to the attendant iPhone.The mind thing has real potential -- especially when combined with our other senses. I don't know how, but I understand that amputees can feel pain in missing limbs ... Sight/smell triggers appetite ... The sight/thought of a pretty woman ... Watching a football game on the tube, I find myself lurching with the running back as he goes through...
Typing strikes a chord with me ... One summer, bored, I took a typing class -- no credit, just for something to do ... I was getting the basics down pretty good ... But, something better came along (I forget what), and I dropped the class. We had a typewriter at home, but I had no need to use one (all homework was handwritten). So, I never learned to type properly -- no motor skills to unlearn. The iPad kb is easy to use for me -- though these 75-year-old eyes need...
Hmm ...Isn't it interesting that you and I, both, seemed to have roughly equated a thinking interface to a hardly-moving interface ... I don't know whether this is a step in the right direction or a distraction.I (and I think you did too) used the Apple Watch (possibly, with some additional sensors *) as a manifestation of a hardly-moving interface.Apple and others are looking to this very same Apple Watch (possibly, with some additional sensors *) to provide...
Here ya' go:I totally agree!I think that the breakthrough will come in baby steps rather than giant steps.It could start something like this:A disciplined mind usually has some sort of plan for the day ahead -- a todo list, if only mentally ... the executives hot five list of things to get doneWhen planning for tomorrow, you could voice dictate into this into an Apple Watch or iPhone where it would be converted into text, merged with schedule and contacts ... (all...
I agree that the watch, as we know it, will not replace the smart phone, as we know it.Your musings, however, struck several interesting chords ...Breakthroughs: I've had the good fortune to participate in several breakthroughs in my life. As I think back about them, they have some similarities. It usually involved a few (3-5) like-minded individuals who shared common interests, but were frustrated by the status quo ...At some impromptu gathering (lunch, a gathering in...
I'd like to ask the Mods if it is OK to make an ad hom against a Sock Puppet ... it appears OK for the Sock Puppet ... I can't believe how ridiculous the above seems when you see written out
Politics is the greatest show on earth … Although someone has to clean up after the elephants!