or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

The web is your friend:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0815070/
Certainly, Steve Jobs was controversial. FWIW, I met Steve Jobs about 5 times in the late 70' and 80s -- I would describe him as, er, headstrong and difficult. Steve would sometimes frequent our Sunnyvale store where my teenage daughter worked at the counter -- so she observed him more than I did. With the sublime acuity of a teenager, she described him: "What an Asshole!"
Likely, BitCode, alone, won't make apps Universal. The UI needs to be tailored to Touch/Press, Mouse KB, Voice, gestures -- depending on the target devices. StoryBoards in Xcode are a beginning -- where multiple UIs can be provided with a single app.For this thread, a MacBook Air with either an x86 or ARM processor -- the UI would be mouse/kb. Given that, the apps could be universal.
My subjective opinion is it different than yours -- that does make either wrong?BTW, have you actually used this new Adobe offering with any challenging fur/hair/edge image? The reason I ask is that, according to the article, the software was just released.
From the results, I'd call it mowing rather than cutting individual flowers ...
Mmm ...What entity uses the refine tool and brushes over the fine hairs ... Could that be a human?I'll admit the result is better, but the returned hairs are short multi-hair stubs -- not the finer hairs in the original (even though the original is lower resolution).How does it do when the subject with the hair is on a solid background or green screen?
In the sequence shown in the video:they trace the image edges with some sort of toolthis yields the poor intermediate image with the red background -- missing the hair strands that I highlightedsomehow, that fades to an image with the white background -- with [some, not all,] of the missing hair strands magically returnedAre you suggesting that the tool went from 2 to 3 without any manipulation by a human?If so, why not go to 3 directly -- or 2 with the missing strands...
Have you ever seen a lion that had hair that looked like the end result?I'd be embarrassed to publish anything that looked that unrealistic!
Am I missing something?First: While you posted a video (above), it looks like an image is being edited -- not a video .Second: The result is terrible in the amount of detail that's lost.  Here's an example of isolating hair in a compressed video, not an image using FCPThe capabilities demonstrated are a standard feature of FCP -- no need to buy any extras!
Do you have a link to the video?