or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Me: "Alexa, Come sit on my lap"Alexa: "Not tonight, I have a headache"
I'll call mine Tara ... As in Tara rah boom de aye
They could do something with a folded horn configuration in a corner of the room.
Alexa please record and upload everything you hear to the Amazon web site until you hear the words 'cease and decist' in my voice.
OT: What bothers me ... With an iPad (I'm using an iPad 4) go to: daringfireball.net -- count the seconds Then Recode.net -- count the seconds Then appleinsider.com -- count the seconds Then Just reload this page -- count the seconds
I haven't found anything that beats Discover for cashback rewards -- though some merchants still don't accept Discover." so I expect this to arrive by iOS 9 OS 1 "
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/11/video-report-what-apple-pay-means-to-bank-of-america.html#more
I think that merchant rewards/loyalty cards/coupons are just a permutation of iWallet -- not too difficult to implement, and doesn't require TouchID or NFC (but those could be used to advantage if Apple allows developer access).Anyway, Apple could provide a generic app, say iRewards, which provides the basic mechanism (capture rewards cards, woken up up by iBeacons/WiFi/NFC, exchange info with merchant, capture receipts ...). Then merchants could interface the generic ...
Something like this?Agreed! I can't see Apple getting into a 3% gross margin, highly regulated business -- leave that to others.I hope Discover gets on board -- Accepted most places, 2% minimum cashback on every purchase, 1 month free float!Also, when Apple Pay gets accepted for larger purchases, I'd like them to take the debit card from brokerage savings/checking accounts like Scottrade Bank.
Of course, you're right on 2).On 1), GG writes well and sometimes posts links -- as often as not they do not support his position or unrelated to the topic being discussed. There are lots of ways to jack a thread -- starting in a continuous sub-discussion about unrelated materiel is one form of muddying the waters ... IMO, GG does this as a matter of SOP!GG usually takes a pro-Google, anti-Apple stance in his posts ... that's why I blocked him -- I am an admitted...