or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

... judged not by the color age of their skin but by the content of their character ...IMO, beauty, while a great initial attraction, is not a reason to marry or even maintain a relationship ... rather, it's personality and, for a lasting relationship, character ...In this too-short life -- humor plays a major part ... My Mom, when asked on their 55th anniversary, why she married my Dad ... said simply: "He makes me laugh!"
It need not be ... like any other relationship it is worth as much as the participants are willing to put into it. I can think of no greater feeling than seeing happiness through the eyes of one you love ...
Yes! Annotation ... Everything from blueprints, drawings, textbooks, photos, videos ...I've always felt that Apple should supply an annotation capability at the system level on iOS devices -- finger, stylus, voice over, signatures, kb entry ... That way you could easily annotate anything that appears on the iDevice display. Optionally, the app could incorporate the annotated layer into the app's data presentation -- similar to optionally showing notes you made to a...
Yep! The salesman's credo: "You sell what you have in the wagon (nothing more, nothing less).
Me too ... And I buy most of the new toys ... just to support (cough, cough) Apple ...
There are quite a few creative disciplines other than drawing/painting that can use a stylus to great advantage -- CADD, Photography Masking and effects, Video Masking/Tracking, Rotoscoping * ... e.g., any place that you use a mouse to draw a Bezier curve to isolate a complex image from the background. Instead of click/drag/correct -- you just trace the outline of the complex object.There are Mac apps costing thousands of $ to do this ...There is an iPad app called Duet...
Reminds me of an old Army refrain ..."This is my rifle, this is my gun ... this one's for fighting, this one's for fun ..."
Cookies ...
As I understand it (with some unclear bits) ...The Secure Enclave on the iPhone 5S and later is used to store the biometric data for TouchID.The Secure Element on the NFC chip on the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch store the user's account number used to generate the token.On the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, the System software pairs TouchID authorization and NFC authorization to accomplish Apple Pay within a single device.The Apple Watch can determine if the Watch has been...
Yea, lotsa' potential!I see two big targets at the top right of that chart: Java and JavaScript.I think that Java programs could be handled by a SIFT program -- possibly re-integrate Java into Xcode so it can co-exist with Swift within an app (ala Swift/Obj-C) ... IBM could be quite interested in this,As for JavaScript -- Swift source:can look a lot like JavaScript sourceis saferis fastercan be programmed interactivelycould be integrated with an interactive WebView UI...