or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

In other news ... Following Meg Whitman's lead at HP, CEO Satya Nadella announced that they are going to split Microsoft into 1 company ...
Watching the last keynote, I was quite impressed with Phil Schiller's 30 minute preso on the iPhone 6es ...I was amazed how he stayed on point, for a long preso with that level of detail -- comfortable, jocular, never faltering ... without the aid of a teleprompter ...Later, in Tim's finalie, my bubble burst -- when the camera panned back, showing a very large TV display facing the stage ...
I think you're right -- I've read that it's fun to work at Apple, again -- not just 24/7 pressure ...But from a customer, shareholder perspective -- Apple's gotten a little sloppy of late ... Nothing really major, but quite a few minor things.I don't think it has risen to the point for major action, yet -- just some readjustment to get everyone motivated and working towards the same goals -- especially those of quality and schedules!In the spirit of Scott Forstall, though...
I'm going to have to brush up on my Mandarin ... Hope they provide subtitles this time
Morse code, answer this ... Who did itGrowing up in the US, Macy's and Gimbel were two very competitive department store chains ... Always trying to one-up the other with sales, store windows ... A popular saying arose from this regarding a business not being open to discussing their plans in public, lest they lose a competitive edge: "Does Macy's tell Gimbels?".Ahh ... The Sears catalog ... I, too, had a fascination for the women's unmentionables section ...I thought it...
What's the best credit card ?   Why, the one you never have with you, of course! Pay
Tweets have replaced telegrams ...Apple Pay will replace "Charge-A-Plates" and their progeny.Oops ... I guess that Macy's forgot to tell Gimbels
Because Apple Pay provides verification, through TouchID, that the "card holder" initiating the transaction is who he says he is -- without providing any personal or credit card data ... just an ad hoc, perishable (one-time, one place, one transaction) token.Non-Apple Pay transactions are, at best, "card present" transactions validating the card data/pin -- but not that the "card holder" initiating the transaction is who he says he is ...Even if the merchant asks to see...
Lol ... And, they're off ...
Mmm ... Maybe New Yorkers will use the Amazon Store to showroom stuff they are going to buy on line at 47th Street Photo, BestBuy, Target ...