or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yeah, but the "one-per-home" usage pattern may change ...For example, during the recent World Cup you could watch games live on your iPad as well as on the TV. With some of the streaming apps (and possibly a new AppleTV) that $499 iPad could take on the additional role of a Personal TV. We just might see grandpa fighting the grandkids for control of the iPad.Personal TV could be a nice growth opportunity for iPads -- especially when you consider that the CableCo cable...
Possibly, but these 2010 - 2014Q3 usages were established with an incrementally improved iOS and incrementally improved iPad hardware (exception being the A7 APU on the iPad Air).WWDC2014 changed very much in the iOS side of development -- 4,000 new APIs, inter-app communication, Swift,, Interactive Programming and debugging, Hand-off, Extensions, HomeKit, Metal, Enhanced Security ...I suspect the new iPads will have TouchID and more RAM and flash storage. I suspect that...
I suspect that this year's new iPad will be significantly improved -- and that will start a new cycle -- removing the iPad 2 from the product line.
On the earnings call, Tim just said that the 100 apps that Apple and IBM are writing for enterprise are written in Swift.I did some research into what mobile solutions IBM is currently offering to enterprise -- not much! Mostly browser access to web sites, and a few native apps (mostly iOS, but a few Android).P.S. They announced a reduction in channel inventory in anticipation of new product announcements..
One consideration is that people do not upgrade iPads as frequently as iPhones -- I've read where people upgrade their iPads on a 2-3 year cycle.We have iPad 1s, an iPad 2, an iPad 3, an iPad 4, and an iPad Mini. (several iPads have been broken, repaired, re-broken).I never bought an iPad Air, but I suspect I'll by a new iPad for me and a new iPad Mini for my daughter.The grandkids will get the push downs.
Perhaps, sell into enterprise by taking an established company as a strategic partner?
Yeah, that paltry 39.4% Gross Margin signals that Apple is on its last legs.
Thanks! I'll give that a try, later.I just noticed that the AI forums do a very poor job when dictating using Siri dictation.It is very slow compared to dictating into the mail app.It's almost as if AI is pursing he input as you get Kate.
I want to drag a Safari window to somewhere else ...If I click in the search area in the title bar, I get the favorite popup.If I click any blank space in the title bar it works as expectedIf i click slightly below the title bar it's into the tab bar and it assumes that I want to put this into a tab in the underlying window -- and does so if I let go (mouse up).This is frustrating because:Often the title bar is crowded and presents a small area on the side of the search...
I also don't like a couple of other things in Yosemite: the Finder icon is Fugly Safari with lots of tabs open -- the active tab is difficult to see as it is only slightly highlighted (lighter) Safari with lots of tabs open -- scrolling the page up distroys any highlighted tab because of transparency of the tab bar If you drag a Safary window from the wrong spot, it adds it as a tab to the underlying Safari window