or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

It's coming sooner rather than later:
All those Apple/IBM iOS apps are being written/maintained/supported on Macs running OS X ... I suspect that there will be a comparable flesh out of Macs in IT departments who will write their own apps to interface the Apple/IBM offerings.And, I just gotta' keep emphasizing this -- the lingua franca is Swift which currently runs on iOS and OS X ...But, Swift is robust and scalable -- it can easily easily be used to serve up web pages, or feed database/Big Data to...
I agree with most of that!I misspoke -- i meant creative professionals -- artists, photographers, video/sound editors, designers ... these are more individuals than institunal employees.For example:http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=87177andhttp://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=105625Take a few moments and listen to these ... they were done on a Mac Laptop using Garage Band ...The first was Mystified singing over herself -- much the way Natalie...
The last iPad I bought was the iPad 4 -- didn't have the need for an iPad Air last year, and planned to wait for the iPad Pro early next year.We all (5 in family) have iPad 2s or later (and some iPad 1s as backup). Last week my youngest grandson's iPad 2 acted up -- and I can't turn of FindMyPhone to reset it ...The older grandson wants a Mac laptop in addition to his iMac and iPad 2 ...Then I saw an add for a new Logitech iDevice KB ... I bought 3 of them, Ordered an...
Exactly!And Tim has a background at IBM and Compaq
A while back, I suggested using a lens/mirror concept for light -- similar to what a folded horn does for sound ... for a super-flat camera in an iPhone.I did some surfing and there had been research in that area -- but most of it was over 10 years ago.
Let me jump in, again ...The big disruption I see is ApplePay ...But the key to put a $0-$50 [subsidized?] device in the hands of billions of users worldwide. By definition, the device must include: ApplePay, phone, web, mail ... which requires UI, radios, TouchID.
I think the A8X (and tablet acceptance) will come into it's own in at least these ways:increased sales of iPad Air 2 to consumersincreased sales of a new AppleTV/Home Hub/Server/Game Controllernew use of iPads as personal TVs and gaming devicesenterprise/institutional use of iPads including the new iPad Pro 12"professional use of iPads including the new iPad Pro 12"Some [much?] of the acceptance will be a result of the Apple/IBM partnership ... and as people,...
Yes! Not only have they done that several times before, but they are designing their OSes and IDE to facilitate moving both the OS and apps to different architectures.For years now, Apple has been dragging developers forward (sometimes kicking and screaming) to use new concepts like Storyboards, ARC, and new tools like clang, llvm ...Supposedly, this began in 2005 with the hiring of Chris Lattner!The latest piece of the puzzle is Swift. Swift scales from simple scripting...
Correct me If I'm wrong ... AIR, Apple Developed Thunderbolt tech and licensed it to Intel!