or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Of course, you're right on 2).On 1), GG writes well and sometimes posts links -- as often as not they do not support his position or unrelated to the topic being discussed. There are lots of ways to jack a thread -- starting in a continuous sub-discussion about unrelated materiel is one form of muddying the waters ... IMO, GG does this as a matter of SOP!GG usually takes a pro-Google, anti-Apple stance in his posts ... that's why I blocked him -- I am an admitted...
The AppleScript/Automator idea is brilliant -- count me in!The optimization for compact code tradeoff for performance is interesting ...I suspect that the Apple Watch S1 Chip will run a version of iOS -- so compact code would be desirable. I don't believe that there would be any embedded C code, as Swift is designed to be as efficient as C and outperform it.Consider: The guy who is responsible for implementing llvm/clang, responsible for Xcode Tools, etc. -- is Chris...
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/10/os-x-10-10/22/http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/10/os-x-10-10/23/No way I can prove this, but I am under the impression that the frameworks are all being rewritten in Swift ... Initially, Swift bridged to the underlying Obj-C, C++, C frameworks -- but that seemed to change with each release of Xcode ... Apparently, New Swift Frameworks sit side-by-side with the existing Obj-C, C++, C frameworks -- at some point I suspect the Swift...
Don't rule the AppleTV out as a HomeKit server/control center -- it has all the necessary hardware/software capabilities -- and it is hundreds of $ cheaper than any other iDevice.
Like entering text on the AppleTV remote? Shirley, they can do better than that!
Seeing as you're new to AI ...
Just wait ...Tim Cook said that he controls his Apple TV with his Apple Watch ...I suspect that it includes an early version of gesture-recognition as well as in-context selection from the Apple Watch display.Since the Apple Watch has WiFi as well as BLE it could be an ideal TV Remote!Consider, that the Apple TV runs iOS 8 just like the iPhone 6 -- so it could provide similar services to the Apple Watch and vise versa.
Whoa! Thanks for the link ... I've been reading that epistle -- but hadn't gotten that far!Safe, Fast, Succinct, Fun -- all describe Swift ...But the fact that Swift * is written in Swift says it all.* and in the future, the OS X, iOS and Server Operating Systems ...I suspect that the Apple/IBM partnership will yield a lot of OS code to enable new capabilities in mobile/desktop/server apps.
Victory Park -- Intersection of N. Altadena Dr. and Paloma
I liked the Captain ... but Mr Greenjeans was my favorite ...WOT:I was acting as executor on my parent's estate -- for 50+ years, they had lived in Pasadena about 3 blocks away from where the Rose Parade ends and the Floats were parked for several days.On New Year's day, my parents always had a full house, entertaining ... People would come to the house in the morning and watch the start of the parade [about 5 miles away] on TV -- later, when the Parade progressed,...