or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Open Sesame is a command, not a Bagel
Here's a online Swift Playground implementation:http://www.swiftstub.comSwiftStubImports are disabled and Foundation is automatically imported for you.Type some Swift code.Run your code by just typing and waiting 3 seconds.OR Run your code with Ctrl-Enter(Win), Command-Enter(Mac).Save with Ctrl-S(Win), Cmd-S(Mac)Check @swiftstubstatus for realtime system updates.My name is Skip Wilson, and this is the original online Swift REPL.You should check out my popular Swift...
You are assuming that just because scripts written in Java or Flash are insecure that scripts written in Swift will be insecure -- that need not be true! And the fact that they are compiled makes reverse engineering them more difficult.Why would a compiled Swift script passed to a browser to be executed by the underling OS be any less secure than the Browser (or any app) written in Swift and executed by the underlying OS.?Again we disagree! web sites that use less...
I'd bet on it! When Apple announced Swift, they presented it as a System Programming Language and everything below!
By the end of this year, developers will be coding their apps and testing their apps on an iPad Pro.This includes apps targeted at the desktop, client-server, mobile, phone and wearables.
But MS will ... And Apple has at least a year lead time!This move, and the timing, is absolutely brilliant!
Yes!The other biggie is:by becoming an open source and standard language -- it can assume another roll ...The roll of a client-side and server-side scripting language to replace JavaScript.Not only that, these same scripts can be compiled -- providing better performance, secure code -- all while using less bandwidth.It won't be long before we see browsers supporting (first, interpreted then) compiled Swift scripts.This changes everything!I seem to have heard or read that...
When they announced Swift, I posted on AI that they would open source it! So, you will be able to develop apps for: Mac iPhone iPad Apple Watch Apple TV using a common language -- that is fast, safe and powerful! You will be able to develop apps for these popular and profitable devices (to developers as well as Apple) on any platform. The secret to writing apps for any target platform is that the libraries supporting that platform are available -- regardless of the...
What is self-serving about trying to improve any situation when provided with the awareness, the means and the opportunity?
... But, the point is: Tim already had the answer before the question was asked.What kind of response, in your mind, would not be Faux-feminisim?