or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

What's the best credit card ?   Why, the one you never have with you, of course! Pay
Tweets have replaced telegrams ...Apple Pay will replace "Charge-A-Plates" and their progeny.Oops ... I guess that Macy's forgot to tell Gimbels
Because Apple Pay provides verification, through TouchID, that the "card holder" initiating the transaction is who he says he is -- without providing any personal or credit card data ... just an ad hoc, perishable (one-time, one place, one transaction) token.Non-Apple Pay transactions are, at best, "card present" transactions validating the card data/pin -- but not that the "card holder" initiating the transaction is who he says he is ...Even if the merchant asks to see...
Lol ... And, they're off ...
Mmm ... Maybe New Yorkers will use the Amazon Store to showroom stuff they are going to buy on line at 47th Street Photo, BestBuy, Target ...
To continue the examination ... If not for [iDevice] Display Covers -- Why the GTAT arrangement -- what is Apple planning to do with all that thin, high-quality sapphire?Sapphire is thin, clear and scratch-resistant (excellent for optics) -- and could be used for more advanced camera lenses -- of just wider use of existing TouchID and cameras for new produces ... MacBooks, Macs ...But, while lots of individual parts -- that use of sapphire wouldn't come close to the...
Well said!
Let's step back a little ...AFAICT, here are the known uses of sapphire on current (and announced) Apple products:TouchID cover for Home Button on iPhone 5S, 6 and 6+Rear camera lens cover for the aboveProbably 1 and 2 for the new iPadsSensors on the back of the Apple WatchPossible display cover for certain Models of the Apple WatchIf you think about it, use cases 1 and 2 are quite similar -- a [relatively] scratch resistant camera lens cover (TouchID is capturing images...
People keep proposing that ... But it makes no sense!The Airport Extreme is more than 2 X the cost, has minimal RAM, flash storage -- likely contains a lobotomized ARM CPU, no GPU, and a minimal OS -- likely not even iOS.You already have all the hardware, Storage, APU, iOS on the current AppleTV ... All you need to add [in a new model] is 11.ac and it will run circles around any Airport (or other router).
I suspect he means Fully-Accessible iOS -- as developers can write apps for it!Also, The AppleTV could respond to Siri commands issued thru an iPad or iPhone. I'am always issuing Siri commands to my iPad 4 while watching the big screen (get sports updates, program times background info ...).Then, when Apple Watch becomes available, I suspect we'll see the Apple TV (and HomeKit Accessories) being controlled with air gestures to scroll, swipe, select ...