or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Wouldn't that put Intelberry in a position of competing with its customers ala Googorla?
You can enjoy it, but the high-growth tech industry has an overarching way of consuming alll your attention and time.After a decade at the center of Apple Finance, I suspect Peter is suffering from burnout.I speak from personal experience -- though, to a much lesser degree than that which Peter experienced.  When my late wife and I sold our interest in our Silicon Valley computer stores in 1989, after 11 years -- we played for 7 years and never touched a computer. It...
No problem!Hmm ... Your definition of a tier topology being similar to a tree topology made me regress to the old hierarchical db topology ... There was this thing called "intersection data" that was unique and only existed at the logical intersection of 2 db segments -- at the intersection of an order line item segment and a part number segment there existed an unique order qty which belonged in neither, but only existed because if the intersection.In modern relational,...
I agree about the asshole -- he walked in the middle of the preso -- then immediately began haranguing the presenter (he had a compatriot, too).Ha! The discussions about "interference" and what to do about it remind me of the CSMA/CD vs CSMA/CA (collision detection vs collision avoidance) wired LAN arguments of the 1980s. That was a tough read, but I found it was not necessarily in conflict with what we know about pCell. Perlman appears to understand the problems --...
Oooohhhh ... I hadn't thought of eliminating cel calls -- tho Perlman alludes to it, saying that something like an iPod (thinner than an iPhone) could have a native pCell radio and operate on the same network as LTE pCel devices.This also would mean that mobile devices would no longer need to include/license cell radios -- so device cost could go down as well as access/usage costs!I was born in 1939. My dad was very much into radio tech. For my 10th BDay (supposedly)...
Perlman may have addressed fast movement when he discussed the Doppler Effect. He said that pCell (or any ?) transceivers along a highway would have trouble with a car driving at highway speeds. To resolve this he said Artemis would use transceivers further down the highway ["into town"]. The effect would be less drastic the more distant the transceiver -- remembering that pCell transceivers can work at greater distance and more power because with pCell interference is...
How are these areas [limited LOS] being served currently? Cell towers... Whatever? If this is the case, couldn't the pCell transceiver be mounted on the same "whatever" and broadcast stronger [partial] signals for a longer range and share the backhaul available? Wouldn't that be at least as good or better than the present service? In some rural areas Artemis is using SkyWave to bounce signals off the ionosphere to mitigate LOS problems. I read about a remote village...
It appears that low-latency backhaul is addressed by Artemis' "Serendipitous Deployment" where the deployment of their Transceivers is largely determined by access to backhaul (line of sight Microwave or fiber cable) and cost of deployment.Because Artemis takes advantage of interference it appears that target devices can be served by placing their transceivers anywhere -- not limited to existing towers, And these transceivers can broadcast at more power and for longer...
Just a bit more on this ... the pCell (DIDO) tech apparently supports SkyWave -- bouncing signals ff the ionosphere to extend signal range: http://www.rearden.com/DIDO/DIDO_White_Paper_110727.pdf
I am able to find a video which shows custom radios attached to the back of laptops -- other videos use LTE dongles.That's interesting -- a standard LTE cellphone (not a pCell) transmission interferes with a standard cable STB???The carriers (and ISPs) could setup their own pCells and data centers -- or share either or both. Monetization -- that may be a problem -- they would all be offering unlimited broadband mobile on a [not so] dumb pipe. Hopefully they would...