or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

My experience and intuition tells me that "the mobile payment market is a huge opportunity for Apple" is where the next major breakthrough will come from.If correct, the potential of that business, worldwide, could rapidly surpass that of any/all of Apple's current product lines -- much as the success of the iPod caused Apple to change its name from. Apple Computer. Inc. to Apple, Inc.if Apple wants to exploit this opportunity, likely, Apple would want to become the "go to...
I certainly don't know what you are ranting about... Do you?
Good catch!Guilty as charged -- I never visit that forum (looks like very few do).What I don't understand is why AI didn't post an article about Tango on the AI main site.After all, the Tango project is about indoor mapping and location detection ...Apple bought 2 companies in 2013 that have technologies that directly address these capabilities:PrimeSenseWiFISlam
I should have been clearer! What was of interest to me is in the first minute -- that Intel will release a low-power Pentium-class SOC about the size of an SD card this year. Don't you think such a chip might have application in watches or smart phones?
You really don't read well -- or are deliberately being obtuse.Nobody is saying that Apple should make Android apps -- that is another, different, discussion.Apple makes good money selling apps -- and most say they do it better than anyone else.If there is money to be made "selling 3rd-party Android Apps for Android devices" -- should Apple participate? It certainly is worth considering by any savvy individual with an open mind.Certainly there are pluses and minuses --...
Um... What does Apple [currently] sell [at a good profit] in the iTunes Store? Answer content: movies, TV shows, Books, Apps. What are Apps? Answer: Content!http://www.asymco.com/2014/02/10/fortune-130/You might try to think more broadly than the world as we know it ... Who can say what the next big Tech opportunity will be.Apple has shown that there is good profit to be made in sales of digital content ... what other types of sales might offer good potential...
IDK.* My point was that maybe Apple should consider selling apps for competitive platforms, e.g. Android Apps for Android devices.If there are Android apps that are N/A on iDevices, this might influence the developers to develop for iOS too.* I suspect that there are quite a few Android apps that use capabilities on Android devices that would not be allowed on a similar iOS app. From what I understand, except for Google's family jewels, anything goes on Android --...
Not really tongue in cheek ... maybe foot in mouth, o loco en la cabeza But, just thinking back a few years -- Apple had this mp3 player and an ecosystem of content in iTunes. Both were doing OK! But the big breakthrough was in October 2003:That move, opening up the iTunes ecosystem to Windows, was responsible for a tremendous increase of sales of iPods and iTunes content. And, to a lessor extent, it exposed WinTel users to the quality of Macs, the Mac OS and...
Maybe Apple should start selling Android and Tizen apps through the iTunes Store.
,I agree ... It is a usability issue. When taking pictures or videos -- the small size, wrist-stability, and potential for optical zoom, make it much more practical than shoving a big, honking camera in someone's face ...Selfies might be a little awkward, though ...