or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

In Ft. Leavenworth, KS (yeah, yeah, I know, I know), they have the famous Junior Junior High school:General George S. Patton Jr. Junior High School
I don't mean to cherry-pick your quotes -- rather to curate them I think this could be a new buying service -- kinda' iTunes on steroids.Think of it this way, it [Apple] knows (with your approval):who you arewhere you arewhat you're doingwhat kind of mood you're inwhat stimulates your various moodsyour credit cardpotentiallyHow much money you have to spendwhat you want to buywhat is important to youwho you want to buy it fromcomparative products, sources and priceswhat's...
You answered that, yourself, in the earlier thread:Creative understanding of the music business -- and 40 plus years of experience, connections, contacts -- plus the streaming licenses with the record companies -- something Apple, Jobs, Cook, Cue, et al have never been able to accomplish. Iovine, himself, is an executive of a record company!In the words of Pogo: "We have met the enemy ..."
And this video explains it all:
Exactly! Augmented [creative] computer intelligence Though, I think if Jobs were alive and well and heard the Iovine pitch today -- he'd. likely, go for it ...A natural evolution:  Apple the Personal Computer;  Apple Computer;  Apple;  --> myApple.
Not just Apple -- Google, FaceBook, Spotify and all the other tech companies.
Yes!You go to the gym on Friday -- When you wake up Friday morning, a special, curated, @SolipsismX playlist for you, today, at the gym is on your iDevice.
I'm still watching it, but here goes:Jimmy tells Walt that what the Beats Service offers is [a personal] curation that is based on your listening history, and current interests (mood, event, genre, artist, style, etc.) -- Beats selects the next song you hear and tells you what it is. Beats is dynamically curating a custom playlist for you at that specific point in time. The experts know what you like, and what you want to hear -- and are presenting the music especially...
I haven't read the entire thread. but here's a video that is revealing: @ about 16 minutes in they start to discuss the [then] new Beats service. http://video-api.wsj.com/api-video/player/iframe.html?guid=B135580F-2DC6-47CD-8BAD-924E07AB6C21&mg=reno64-wsj