or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Turn off JavaScript for Safari in settings -- the crashes will go away...Though, after the recent upgrade to iOS 7 I'm no longer having any crash problems with Safari.As to the article, I have a question for DED:Did you get any on you?
QFT Price != cheap. != Value
I want to try to a address this [buying technology] if I can...You ask me: "What whatever should I buy?"I ask you what do you want/need to do?We enter into a conversation -- You tell me & I ask leading questions...I will recommend to you what and why:You should do nothingYou should buy elsewhereYou should buy this from me ** I can satisfy your current and future needsI want you as a satisfied customerI expect to use you as a referral as a "satisfied customer"Regardless of...
Yes...And the owner, will always have this gnawing feeling of missing something -- though not knowing what or why...It is settling for less than what you you want,,, and trying to justify it to yourself... As if you just aren't worthy...
Old joke:Three young boys are sitting on the stoop -- talking about what they want when they grow up...Boy 1: I want to be rich enough to own a car like that black Cadillac over there...Boy 2: I want to be rich enough to own a car like that white Cadillac over there...Boy 3: I want to be covered with Hair... Covered with Hair all over...Boys 1 & 2: What???Boy 3, spreading his thumb and forefinger into a triangle: My sister has a patch of hair, this big... And she owns...
Warning: Do not use a Mac Muff while operating a motor vehicle... In fact, some States are considering laws that outlaw Muff-Driving...
In re current technology being "enough"... I have a question that I wish I had asked, when given the chance: Mike Markkula financed Apple Computer. Mike made millions of $ with Fairchild, then Intel... Then retired... Woz used a 6502 in the Apple I (and later Apple ][) because he couldn't afford the more expensive Intel chips (available at the time). Why didn't Mike, with his money and connections, insist that Apple use the superior Intel chips?
The problem with your argument is that your first assumption / belief is wrong... And all else, based on that assumption, fails..Future capability always exceeds/leads current use!
Where have you been?The links are there... Surf DEC, DataGeneral, Rockwell, PDP... All revolutions that failed.. then there is ... You pick 'em...BTW, for a great read.. read Soul of a New Machine