or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

I'd seen the first video, but not the second -- thanks for the link.Oddly, in trying to understand the tech, I focused on wave form -- particularly EMR. Don't much understand it -- my mind goes blank when I see a Σhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_radiationIt is also interesting that the demo at Columbia used standard LTE iPhones -- later videos replaced [relinked] some existing videos to other videos with a custom radio attached to the back of the device.Now,...
Yeah, it seems too good to be true -- and Perlman appears to be quite a pitchman!I've been trying to figure out [understand] what's being transmitted & how it works.I did a lot of surfing but haven't found a detail explanation of the tech.The best I can determine is:the user's device [pCell] location is determined by trilaterating signals from in-range pCell transceiversthe central servers divide a signal to be sent to a user's device [pCell] by separating the...
SOT If this is real ...
I totally agree!This:And this:
I had a thought while I waited for the 15 minutes to update -- an epiphany, actually!From the Apple ][ days, Apple computers have had a good part of their OS in the hardware (Integer BASIC, MiniAssembler, Debugger, etc.) -- in ROMS, PROMS and EPROMS. This was especially true of the Original Macs. To some extent, this is still true today with the TouchID enclave in the A7 and with the various programming constructs in the M7.It seems to me, that there could be many...
I monitor my bank accounts and credit cards on a daily basis.The worst problem I've had is one bogus charge to Discover from Brazil -- Discover caught the charge.Discover has locked down my credit card 3 times in the last 5 months because of security -- and issued a new card. The problem with this is that I use Discover to autopay all the monthly bills I can (2% Cashback). Every time the card is reissued it screws up the autopay (sometimes with a charge from the payee)....
Yeah, but the way I understand it you had to be on the same WiFi network as the hacker. We change our passwords once a month -- and very seldom use 'public' WiFi networks.
Only took about 15 min. end-to-end on my 2012 iMac.
Updated ... All is fine, so far ...
Lest we forget:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-23/steven-jobs-trust-reports-holding-7-7-stake-in-walt-disney-1-.htmlToday, DIS is valued at $80.80 -- making Jobs' $7.01 Billion worth $11.1 Billion in the estate.