or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

NFC is not the only way to exchange data!
Mmm... First you can "gift" an iTunes song... Next, maybe "gift" an iTunes, Book, Movie... Next, maybe "gift" an iTunes Gift card... Next, maybe "gift" a 3rd-party Gift card... Next, maybe "gift" an airline ticket, Europass... Next, maybe "gift" money (an iTunes credit)... Some time soon, we'll have iTunes as the coin of the realm.
It is a silly article... And overlooked one of the major reasons MS invested in Apple and continued support for Word and Excel on the Mac... It helped call off the monopoly dogs of the DOJ.
All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas Layin' in the sun, Talkin' bout the things They woulda-coulda-shoulda done... But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas All ran away and hid From one little did. -Shel Silverstein
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas” -- Don Meredith --
duplicate
At first the icons and UI seem a little odd -- but you quickly get used to them... to the point where I prefer them.Also, they are refining the icons and UI as they progress through the various beta releases.Another consideration: I think that Apple is moving towards infinitely-scalable icons and objects -- that can present themselves to best advantage -- regardless of screen-size. resolution or current magnification level.They currently use raster images for icons with...
Mavericks DP5 came with a new (non-backward-compatible) iPhoto. It appears to use an iOS Maps backbend -- no Google or Apple "bug" of any kind.Edit: Definitely Apple Maps.
Find My Phone Still uses Googe Maps, though.... Sigh!