or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

As to the "I'd like to see it be a service that allows for all your iTunes media to be accessible securely from anywhere"...We use StreamToMe on our iDevices -- it has a free component, ServeToMe, that runs on our Macs.Thru this portal you can access any iTunes Movies, TV shows, Music, Podcasts, etc.In addition, you can display photos in your iPhoto/Aperture libraries.Finally, StreamToMe will allow you to watch videos in codecs not supported by iTunes by streaming them...
Mmm.... Let me take a stab at it: iOS 7 + OSX Mavericks == iOS 7 OSX Mavericks == Converged Operating System Platform Apple ARM APU et al + Intel APU et al == Converged Hardware Platform Converged Operating System Platform + Converged Hardware Platform == iAnywhere Well, that takes care of the hard part.... I'll leave the easy part to JP Morgan and others... Simple things like: unified/predictable/understandable user experience visible vs invisible file...
Not from us -- we opened in December 1978.However, it is possible that the program that was used to write the newspaper was an early WP named MoonShadow written by Jim Merritt.
Nah!Before we opened the store, my 2 partners and I did a fairly detailed analysis of where we thought our sales would come from.It was August 1978:Mark had managed a retail computer store for about 8 months.Jim and I each had 14 plus years working for IBM in Marketing and Support for maimframes.Our analysis showed that there were 3 potential market segments:hobbyisthome/personalbusinessHobbyists, generally, wouldn't be buying from the type of store we planned on being --...
I agree!1976 seems way too early! Circa Apple I.Those were the days where microcomputers were a hobbyist thing... You built or assembled your own. You wrote any programs you needed, yourself (or contracted someone to do it for you).There were a few nascent "business" microcomputers such as Cromemco, IMSAI, PolyMorphic, North Star (Kentucky Fried Computer)...But the Apple I and initial 1977 Apple ][ were not considered "business" computers.The 1979 release of VisiCalc...
A typical Tech event:
5" phone... 5" phone?Screw a 5" phone"This little beauty has everything you need -- and is great for crowded venues like the Olympics!Simply slip it into your purse or pocket, and you're good to go...
I suspect that a lot of Olympic Athletes will use an iPhone 5S because of the camera's 120fps slo-mo capability -- an ideal capability for athletic events (and training).
Yeah... This year's Olympics are really going to the dogs...
Now, That's Jazz...