or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Read this article that I posted above:http://www.macworld.com/article/2153481/why-the-beats-deal-shows-apple-is-actually-listening.htmlNot only does it curate your playlist but you can download them to your device… Think of what it means for CarPlay.Just consider the negotiating power and entrée to the record companies that this acquisition will give Apple.Why don't you download the app, get the free trial, define what you like and try it for yourself?
Read this one too:http://www.macworld.com/article/2153481/why-the-beats-deal-shows-apple-is-actually-listening.html
I'm using the Beats app to play the "sentence" while I'm surfing and reading various articles about the acquisition. I've only used the app for about 15 minutes and the curating process is pretty damn good. After my seven day free trial is up I likely will join for $10 a month for as long as I feel it's worth it. No-brainer, really… I can see it being incorporated into The iOS control center -- where you could be reading or doing something on your iPad and, at the same...
Here's an article was exactly the opposite take than the verge video:http://www.macworld.com/article/2153702/get-to-know-beats-music-the-streaming-service-that-could-make-apple-spend-billions.html
Bingo!
True story: Human-assited curation example: 1966, we three IBM reps are in a serious meeting with Henry Dearman, Director of Data Processing for REECO, the prime contractor for the Nevada [atomic] test site. At one point, Henry calls his secretary, Sherry, into the room and says:  "Write a letter to what's-his-name -- you know what I want to say!" A few moments later Sherry returns with a letter -- Henry, glances at it and signs it. We all look around at each other...
First, when the video was made, the Beats Service was still being implemented -- AFAIK, it was released in the last 2 months.You can download the app and try it, free, for 7 days. I like what I've seen so far, but you be the judge.Also, there is a learning [the user's tastes] process and a human-assisted curation process -- both should improve with use.There is no proof that you or I can cite. However, we all can cite what doesn't work very well -- what we have now! ...
Yes! And, Eddy is Apple's goto deal maker/negotiator for iTunes and iCloud content. If Eddy were trying to cut a streaming deal with the record companies, Jimmy, likely, would be one of the record company executives Eddy would call upon. Now, Jimmy and Eddy can call on Jimmy's counterparts and contacts -- mutual, perspective, trust and experience should help grease the skids.
I think Apple is buying: a company which includes:a hardware/accessory lineseveral creatives/executives with music industry experiencea new, but proven streaming service and softwarea human-driven curation engine that anticipates what the user wants *the humans with industry knowledge and experience to do that curation *Jimmy as a consultant* this has not been implemented, successfully, by anyone prior to Beats. And the Beats curation concept/engine may have much broader...