or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Nah!Before we opened the store, my 2 partners and I did a fairly detailed analysis of where we thought our sales would come from.It was August 1978:Mark had managed a retail computer store for about 8 months.Jim and I each had 14 plus years working for IBM in Marketing and Support for maimframes.Our analysis showed that there were 3 potential market segments:hobbyisthome/personalbusinessHobbyists, generally, wouldn't be buying from the type of store we planned on being --...
I agree!1976 seems way too early! Circa Apple I.Those were the days where microcomputers were a hobbyist thing... You built or assembled your own. You wrote any programs you needed, yourself (or contracted someone to do it for you).There were a few nascent "business" microcomputers such as Cromemco, IMSAI, PolyMorphic, North Star (Kentucky Fried Computer)...But the Apple I and initial 1977 Apple ][ were not considered "business" computers.The 1979 release of VisiCalc...
A typical Tech event:
5" phone... 5" phone?Screw a 5" phone"This little beauty has everything you need -- and is great for crowded venues like the Olympics!Simply slip it into your purse or pocket, and you're good to go...
I suspect that a lot of Olympic Athletes will use an iPhone 5S because of the camera's 120fps slo-mo capability -- an ideal capability for athletic events (and training).
Yeah... This year's Olympics are really going to the dogs...
Now, That's Jazz...
"(put tape over the logo on that hairbrush!!! They're not a sponsor!!)"What if the Tape Manufacturer is not a sponsor???God forbid there should be any skywriting or graffiti at the Olympics!
Ha! I can just visualize the opening parade of athletes... Thousands of athletes having simultaneous [Janet Jackson] costume malfunctions... Come to think of it, the Apple Logo is kinda' shaped like a...
It just occurred to me that Ridley Scott shot a "behind the scenes" film beforeā€¦ Only he combined it with the actual film, itself! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401445/