or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Yeah, but ... they could demo the connected home features in a small corner of that building -- you can use scale models of doors, garage doors, lights ... In 1978 Mountain Computer had a Voice controller device for the Apple ][. They used it to control all of the above using scale models that fit on a desktop.It's gotta' be something much more interesting/disruptive ... or just a large hands-on area where 2,500 attendees can concurrently fondle and experiment with the...
I'm starting to get the feeling that this is a really, really big event -- maybe even the biggest event in Apple history. Hmm ... How large is the attendance at the President's annual State of the Union Preso? I did some surfing and could find no mention of any Apple Event at Flint Center except the 1984 Mac announcement ... Hmm ... 1984 - 2014 ... 30 years ... lots of great successes (and a few failures) in those 30 years ... The Flint location in Cupertino gives...
Nah! It's it's a top-down view of someone's bare backside showing the top of their butt-crack (Viki Dugan?) ... I can't, for the life of me, imagine what that odd-shaped component above the butt-crack is ???Pipped by dasanman69 and SpamSandwich.
Edit: And, if the weather is right, they could schedule a massive Hot-Air Balloon show -- I can remember driving past De Anza college (Home of Flint Center) and seeing the amazing sight of hundreds of hot-air balloons taking off in the early AM.At that time, Apple had an Apple Logo hot air balloon that was used at [Woz] parties and Apple HQ for [tethered] ballon rides ...Classy! I wonder ...
ScheduleComfortAccessibilityAcousticsHistoryFlint is a beautiful venue -- less than a mile from Apple HQ.Among others, we saw, the Duquesne Tamburitzans (Lucy was Croatian), Segovia, and the 1984 Mac Intro at Flint.I like the idea of returning to the valley for major Apple announcements.
Nah! It's CarPlay in an Apple-branded electronic vehicle ...I'll be looking to trade in my classic 1980 BjornBorg 6 ...Hanging on to the 1976 PattiMcGuire 36D, tho ...
It's the top of the Apple logo with shadows ...Though, the shape of the leaf could represent a the curved display of the ...
Is that what this is about -- the majority of C++ programs are glue to:connect to SQL DBs (or use an existing connection from a higher-level, platform-dependent language/API)read/write/manipulate the SQL datapass the SQL data to a higher-level, platform-dependent language/API for presentationdisconnect from SQL DBs (or depend on a higher-level, platform-dependent language/API)In the form of telling you questions:So, if I understand correctly, C++ is used mainly for...
I just started using Bindings -- but, I suspect that what you say is true!I'll put a lot of that down to poor design of the Bindings programmer UI -- all these little knobs and switches spread all over the place.But after a few days, you can get your head around it -- and know where to look for things,IMO, Apple should provide an overall view fanout in outline/narrative form -- from a Bindings perspective -- so you can design/maintain Bindings from a high-level and let...
Help me understand ...The C++ cross platform advantage exists because C++ is not tied to any OS -- true?Because of this C++ programmers cannot (or should not) access underlying platform dependent API's -- true?C++ is self-contained. similar to Java -- true?Do C++ programs provide garbage collection/ARC or is that the responsibility of the programmer?Because it's been around a while, C++ has a less modern syntax, and more housekeeping, than other, newer, languages like...