or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Mmm... don't be too sure! My daughter has three teens: girl 18; boys 14 and 15. Since 2005, her kids have played summer league soccer May-Nov, with each child having [at least] 2 practices and 1 game per week. The kids also play on middle or high school teams -- the youngest boy finished his last 2013 JV tournament on March 22.My daughter has been team mom on several teams including both summer league and high school. She attended her first soccer game in the 1980s --...
LOL
The only thing that will satisfy Munster would be for Apple to announce a 48" 4K wearable TV.
WOT: I've been monitoring the goings on at MS Build over at TechCrunch. Seems like a sleeping giant has awoken -- rested and ready for battle, e.g. free Windows on devices with displays smaller than 9". Also, MS showed Office Touch for Windows. They only showed PowerPoint -- no Word or Excel. They admit it is a work in progress for Windows. IMO, this is significant because they were willing to release Office for iPad now!
Very good point!
Yes!Yeah, but that's just treading water in the theaters -- AIR, (no link) they're taking it in the shorts for DVD sales/rentals.The fact that it works so well (regardless of the backend) tells me this could be monetized as a legal subscription service -- maybe a premium service.For example, for those who follow the Academy Awards the ability to see all the nominated movies before the awards -- as opposed to driving all over a 60-mile radius to theaters ... and still...
Ya' know ...There is this shadow app out there named Popcorn-Time:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn_TimeIf this could somehow be transformed into a legitimate streaming service through the likes of AppleTV it would be amazing.I haven't watched a full movie, but the UI is great and the video looks fantastic on a 27" iMac. The latest movie releases are available through Popcorn-Time before DVD or RedBox, etc.I feel there is something here that could force the hand of...
Ohhh... I completely overlooked 4K
I think HDMI passthrough (cable box bypass) is the key.If Apple can include this, along with ac WiFi -- they could stream separate, concurrent live TV to multiple Personal TVs (iPads, iPhones) within the home (or enterprise/institution).We currently do exactly that using n WiFi from a Mac running ServeToMe streaming [the same or] different videos to iPads/iPhones -- the most we've tried is 5 concurrent sessions. We have about 3,000 videos in our Home Library.BTW, this...
Is that true? According to what I've read most of the businesses use iOS (86%-92%) for AirPlay==>AppleTV presos.