or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Really? Trust is like virginity... "Once broken, never mended".
You are correct to be somewhat concerned.Apple's iBeacons is a specific Apple implementation of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). It is as I described in my prior post, and I've included the Apple's specification of it's iBeacon API (below).However, there is more! The Apple iBeacon is a specific implementation of a lower-level API called CoreBluetooth.An app can implement both iBeacons and CoreBluetooth constructs.Conceivably, an app running on an iDevice could:listen for...
Like this:Your San Francisco story reminds me of the first time I took my wife to San Francisco (circa 1966)... we met a friend for breakfast at the Buena Vista. It was a room with a bar, and the rest were large tables like picnic tables -- that could seat 10-12 people. The 3 of us sat at a table that was occupied by 2 other small groups... The Ramos Fizzes flowed, the breakfasts were served, and we got to talking, joking, laughing with complete strangers across 3-4...
See This post:
Turning Bluetooth off is unnecessary.Consider this scenario for apple iBeacons in Target stores.With Apple's implementation of iBeacons:an iBeacon is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device that broadcasts:an algorithmically-generated unique ID for each enterprise -- say, 12345 for Target, 40978, for BestBuy...a Major ID assigned by the enterprise, say, store number 101a Minor ID assigned by the enterprise or store -- say, 3022 for Uggs Boots in Ladies ShoesThe concept is that...
My granddaughter is a Mac N Cheese freak... And a Pierogi freak... (her grandmother was Croatian - German)I found this recipe using spaetzle and gruyere cheese...http://germanfood.about.com/od/potatoesandnoodles/r/Kaesespaetzle-cheese-noodles.htmP.S. We often shop at BB&B: Beds, Boobs & Behinds
Or: 'Frivva' LaSalleOr: The famous Sicilian Lion Tamer: Claude GenitaliaOr: Young master...
If you consider this as a service that includes what you itemized -- but not limited to Apple only...A phrase I see/hear often to describe this is: "the Internet of things".