or Connect

Posts by Dick Applebaum

Wrong!An iBeacon app on customer device can only "listen" for iBeacons and receive content/notifications using the iBeacon protocol.An iBeacon is analogous to a radio transmitter broadcasting into the airwaves.An iBeacon app on customer device is analogous to a radio receiver listening for and receiving the radio signals.If the app is only listening, there is no way that the customer or device can be detected or tracked!Another way to think about it...If your GPS receiver...
Here are some ways to do it:Support non-Apple platforms through the device's browser and a web siteBuild a native app for each platform the way they did with iTunes on WindowsThe solution for iOS and OSX devices would exploit TouchID, BLE, 802.11ac WiFi, etc. and would provide a better and more secure UX because the software would match known hardware.Apple could also supply an SDK for competing platforms – Although, I doubt they will.Then, there's another...
Good points... I've never experienced thess benes -- but Apple will need to match or exceed them!
I agree. It may have made sense when MS tried to buy Yahoo several years ago...Now, "Give unto Google.."
It's interesting...I don't know this for a fact, but I, intuitively, feel that there is more money to be made -- and benefits to the buyer and seller -- in consummating the purchase/sale of a product -- than advertising a produt for sale...Advertising facilitates buying/selling... Not vice versa.Edit:I wonder what effect a normalized purchasing system such as "Apple" would have on "show rooming"" when the show-roomee could approximate the price of the online sites... And...
I use Discover for my Credit card payments, and pay the balance each month... I get a month float, with no credit charges.For the few online sites that don't accept Discover I sometimes use PayPal... The Paypal bill is charged to my Discover card.For all Discover Card purchases, I get a 2% CashBack Bonus.Discover runs special discounts -- For example Any purchases through the Apple Online Store earn a 5% CashBack bonus.My next Apple Purchase will, likely, be a $7,000 Mac...
Cheaper than cash!More convenient than credit!Safer than either!
Why aren't you at school?
...Scales falling from eyes... It finally dawned on me... "What's the best [computer, camera, tablet, PMP, TV, game player, smart phone... shopping/buying appliance]?" Siri: "The one you have with you that's handy! " So... The new MacBooks get full Cell/GPS/TouchID capability and support The new iPads get full Cell/GPS/TouchID capability and support The new iMacs get full Cell/GPS/TouchID capability and support The new iPod Touch evolves to a thicker device as a...
Have a look at this from Jack Purcher:Apple introduces us to a Major Financial System Beyond iWallethttp://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/01/apple-introduces-us-to-a-major-financial-system-beyond-iwallet.htmlThis is big!Do you want a BMW with your Fries?Eddie and Angela sitting in a tree... S-H-O-Pp-I-N-G....How 'bout dinner and a mortgage?Pfuc PayPal!