or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

hey, all you guys missed the key words in the last sentence of JDP's email reply in a comment above:   "It is also important to note that the JDPower.com Ratings may not include all information used to determine the overall rankings and J.D. Power awards."   ... which is a direct admission that there are some other secret ranking criteria being applied here.   we can only speculate what that is since JDP won't say.
no doubt JDP has contrived some unseen additional methodology for its "Power Circle Ratings" that can produce such an apparently logically absurd outcome (aka "cooking the books"). but the outcome is still absurd on its face. had JDP presented its findings as "satisfaction" = "value" (aka "bang for the buck"), that would have made more sense. if Samsung's overall score was 70% of Apple's but its price was only 50% as much, then one could say it had a higher ratio of...
no, they're out in force pissing and moaning about their trivial fixations instead. gol, do those people need a life. let's see how long it takes them to show up here ...
well, there may no longer be a Google-curated Android with that official brand name (i assume Google has it trademarked?). yes, Google may shift completely to Chrome with its own 'walled garden' ecosystem rather than profitlessly continue to be Samsung's R&D department.   but there will certainly be many 'forked' versions of the same basic Linux/Java OS, whatever it is called, used by OEM's all around the world to crank out cheap phones and tablets in the hundreds of...
you know, the mini in particular is state of the art stuff. no one ever simply launch at maximum production rate with new advanced products. they need to take some months to hit full speed. i've no doubt iTouch was left out this year because they just can't produce enough of the state of the art sensors yet, they need them all for the 5S. you're being unrealistic.
exactly! except you should have cited the Yankees instead, who just buy their way into the Series many years. ah but not this year!
totally correct. my company has about 50 PC's. all are W7 by now. none of the proprietary programs we have to use are even W8 ready. and Server 2012 - optimized for W7 - is the core of the system. never going to touch W8 with a ten foot pole. W8 is DOA for enterprise, and crap for consumers. only Windows nerds actually like it. and putting crap on a tablet gets you nothing but a crap sandwhich. on toast.
as many note, this just proves once again there is a knee jerk Apple FUD bias in the tech media, along with a blatant double standard for all the rest. Nokia just died. RIM is dying. MS is floundering aimlessly. HP has lost its way. Google's invasion of your privacy continues to metastasize. Amazon never makes real profits. all the Asian OEM's except Samsung are bleeding cash. and Apple is even slowly winning the patent war with Samsung. but the "news" you get are...
it's really not complicated at all. Symbian, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile were the three first generation smartphone OS's. when they were new they were a breakthrough and prospered (wiping out the earlier PDA's) but they were primitive - OS's too intrinsically limited to advance significantly. so when Apple's second generation new iOS smartphone appeared, along with its following Android imitator, those three were quickly blown away. they all attempted to develop...
 thanks much. after watching, i tried the only such app i have - PDF Pen - on my trusty iPad 2 and could see the line propagating about 1/2" behind my finger as i drew at a normal quick pace. so yes, it does matter. i plan on getting a new iPad next month, so i'll check that out then and see if there is a noticeable improvement. my wife has our 5s right now, but i'll check that out next.  i can see now that a difference of 50 ms really does make a difference in user...