or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

totally correct. my company has about 50 PC's. all are W7 by now. none of the proprietary programs we have to use are even W8 ready. and Server 2012 - optimized for W7 - is the core of the system. never going to touch W8 with a ten foot pole. W8 is DOA for enterprise, and crap for consumers. only Windows nerds actually like it. and putting crap on a tablet gets you nothing but a crap sandwhich. on toast.
as many note, this just proves once again there is a knee jerk Apple FUD bias in the tech media, along with a blatant double standard for all the rest. Nokia just died. RIM is dying. MS is floundering aimlessly. HP has lost its way. Google's invasion of your privacy continues to metastasize. Amazon never makes real profits. all the Asian OEM's except Samsung are bleeding cash. and Apple is even slowly winning the patent war with Samsung. but the "news" you get are...
it's really not complicated at all. Symbian, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile were the three first generation smartphone OS's. when they were new they were a breakthrough and prospered (wiping out the earlier PDA's) but they were primitive - OS's too intrinsically limited to advance significantly. so when Apple's second generation new iOS smartphone appeared, along with its following Android imitator, those three were quickly blown away. they all attempted to develop...
 thanks much. after watching, i tried the only such app i have - PDF Pen - on my trusty iPad 2 and could see the line propagating about 1/2" behind my finger as i drew at a normal quick pace. so yes, it does matter. i plan on getting a new iPad next month, so i'll check that out then and see if there is a noticeable improvement. my wife has our 5s right now, but i'll check that out next.  i can see now that a difference of 50 ms really does make a difference in user...
 wait a minute! my kitty has Paws of Lightning! he's gotta be 10x more sensitive to latency than us ... that would be cruel!
the key question is how much latency is at all noticable to a user. is there an authoritative study on that? a tenth of a second (100 milliseconds)? if that is the threshold, then these results are significant. but if two tenths of a second, then it doesn't really matter.   does anyone know?
Chandrasekher better update his resume. or maybe he needs to spend more time with his family.
well, Congratulations Eric!   you have just succeeded the "retiring" champ, Steve Ballmer, to claim the title of Biggest Buffoon In Tech!   we knew you always had it in you ... you've been working your way up the list for years now.
the next even bigger step is the A7 iPad coming very soon ... certainly the full size iPad. and will we see a Mini-S too?
of course this once again proves the blatent double standard in the tech media. if Apple did this you know it would be an instant "BenchGate" sensation, top headline news at, say, the Verge - which so far has not posted any report about this at all. and these guys claim to be "journalists." Consumer Reports would issue a press release, like they did for so-called "AntennaGate."   but instead the reactions are mostly So What? and related lame excuses. i guess in one sense...