or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

i can now report that, as i thought when posting above, you can use your knuckle print with Touch ID. i just set it up and it works fine.   so in fact the hack that defeats Touch ID can itself be defeated by anyone who wants to. just don't use your fingertips.   but you're not going to read that simple solution in the tech media. that's not the story they want to write.   (and since this comment is days late, probably no one at AI will figure it out either.)
 exactly. but not just the third party retail facts. his starting assumption that half of the 9 million iPhones total were 5c's has no basis either, and in fact available evidence shows it's wrong. Apple certainly knows the ratio of last two years' model sales to the current year's. mostly recently the 4 vs. the 4s vs. the 5. they would have used that to project continued 4s and 5c sales. actually AI published a detailed article about this topic just two months ago (i...
Philip Elmer-DeWitt over at CNN Money offers an excellent fact-based analysis of the Munster/Misek BS.   http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/09/25/apple-analysts-iphone-kerfuffle/   he points out shipments to third party retailers like Best Buy are recorded as "sales" by Apple. but if those stores sell out that stock right away - as occurred except for some number of 5c's - that is not "channel stuffing."   he also points out the very important fact the DED omitted that...
 yup. his everyday life is probably full of people who blow smoke up his butt and tell him how brilliant he is ... (they need their jobs).
well, i'd like to turn our attention to Joe Wilcox. that guy is a true piece of work, a true "hack." a lifelong MS sycophant, he's written dozens of contrived posts bashing Apple. but this one might be the most ludicrous ever - and that's saying something. and he's beyond claim chowder - he just ignores everything he's written that turns out utterly wrong. there is so much of it, why bother?   what's really great is knowing how the huge success of the 5s combined with...
 you still actually discussed none of their report's contents. maybe they stacked the deck as you assume. or maybe iOS is just better. the answer lies in the contents themselves, not your innuendos.
what really stood out in this report was how bad Windows Phone is. after some reflection, i think whether it's phones or tablets - or even now the W8 desktop OS - MS still thinks it can dictate that consumers will have to use its products, whether they really like them or not.   but a great many - most - now don't. and now they have other very practical alternatives they like more.   MS made the classic mistake of thinking Windows users actually loved them. they still...
 yeah sure if you say so. did you actually read their report? usually helps to criticize based on evidence in the thing itself instead of speculation. it's quite interesting. their evaluations make sense and appear consistent, tho any of us might focus on some other details they did not.
ah, you should all (not) see Joe Wilcox over at Beta News desperately trying to debunk the 9 million sold fact of the matter. that just means shipped not real sales (he must think it's Samsung)! they're stuffing the channel!! and ... and ... wider distribution. so it's worse than last year!!! i say so!!!!   it's sheer panic on the droid/MS side of the fence this week. they know the 5s is going to clean their clock, and they know Touch ID is a "killer" feature they just...
 the Apple bashers are desperate. they need hack-gate at all costs. they know the 4s is a smash hit, and they know Touch ID is a true "killer" feature. i feel their fear of being crushed in the market this holiday quarter, and it feels great.