or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

gol, what a weasel this guy is. on the one hand he writes: "With its ease of use, enormous wealth of high-quality apps and content and well-integrated online services, the iPhone still provides the best overall user experience of any smartphone." and goes on to note the very good new features. but then he wraps up: "There’s nothing wrong with either phone. But there’s not much that’s pulse-quickening about them either." go figure.
 a few mention NFC as an aside. but i think everyone is finally realizing it's a dead end, while Apple is on the right track with iBeacon, Touch ID, and Pass Book. you know Apple will make sure they all work together seamlessly too. meanwhile Google is flopping around like a fish out of water trying to get Google Wallet into the mainstream. even the telcos are sabotaging them.
 exactly. for a smartphone/camera, i want small and handy. for surfing and laid back stuff, i'll get the retina Mini when it is released, next month i hope. it's about having two right tools for two different jobs, not one compromise tool in between both.
 Mossberg, last sentence: "Overall, however, the new iPhone 5s is a delight. Its hardware and software make it the best smartphone on the market." Ed Baig, headline: "The iPhone 5s makes the best smartphone even better." Techcrunch: "With the iPhone 5s, Apple once again wins the right to claim the title of best smartphone available." all the rest praise the 5s too. everyone lauds the convenience of Touch ID and already miss not having it otherwise. all agree the camera...
 honestly, just "no, wrong." the major improvements in the 5s camera software image processing alone simply would not be possible without the 64 bit computation power. now, we can't see with our own eyes how much a difference they make until this weekend so, yes, the jury is still out. but taking photos is certainly one of the top 3 uses of smartphones, and enabling "dummies" like me to get really good pix under all conditions - lighting is usually far less than optimal -...
 fine. so let's wait and see what actually gets done - or not - ok?
well, we certainly have dueling"experts" here today. but it all comes down to this:   - either Google ships a finished 64 bit version of Android in 2014 (not yet another pure hype test beta) along with upgraded Google apps for both smartphones and tablets, or it doesn't. - if yes, either that 64 bit Android actually improves performance and/or supports new features, or it doesn't. - if it does, either those 64 bit chipset high-end Android smartphones/tablets sell well...
the amount of analyst/pundit stupidity about the 5c and 5s may be at an all time high this time. and that is saying something!   the 5c of course is just last year's iPhone 5 with a modest spec bump and new fun plastic colors. which means an even better iPhone than before for $100 less (or even less than that where discounted). and next year it will replace the 4s, still on sale now, at its $-0- plus contract price point - but the stupidheads just can't wait that long i...
well we have a lot of folks here speculating - since they have now way of really knowing - that Google will update Android to 64 bit "next time" without great difficulty and thus keep up with iOS' technical innovations.   actually, i believe them, to a point. Google "announced" Kit Kat last month as an obvious PR response to the imminent arrival of iOS 7, but provided no details or timetable. i suppose they wanted to wait see what Apple might have up its sleeve with the...
good job calling out Misek for being the total hack he truly is.   unfortunately, this won't stop the stupid media from quoting him as an "analyst."