or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

not just that. the SS G4 burst mode shoots 20 pix maximum in 6 seconds - 3.3 pix per second. but the Apple iP 5s shoots 10 pix a second (i don't know the total limit)! let's see if all the spec lovers notice this one. actually, not being a spec lover i don't really think it matters much in real life. the software auto-selection of the best pix both offer is the really important factor, and that will take a side-by-side test to compare.
 i'll just use this particular post to address all the knee-jerk boo-birds posting here and around the web today saying more or less the same things: you guys really don't get it. the combination of the freshly re-desinged and definitely improved iOS 7 with these two new models - one with great casual style and the other packed with useful technical wizardry - is going to blow away the consumer market. because together they make the iPhone "feel" reinvented. you can all...
of course Apple is going to announce its China Mobile deal "tomorrow" at the China event. Duh. why else? come on AI, you should have been able to add 2 + 2.
 crimeny, the NSA already has my thumbprint ... from my drivers license anyway.
 well, that's YOUR opinion too. i guess one person's brainwash is another's brain dead. anyway, for me the fingerprint unlock and PW system is a huge deal. because (1) i really do hate having to punch in codes and PW's all the time, and (2) it will discourage muggers from attacking us on the sidwalks to steal our iPhones - which is a real issue here in SF and other cities. i'd buy the 5S just for that. anyway, like many i'm on a two year cycle to get a latest iPhone. since...
Sony and MS are both desperately trying to expand their game consoles into full blown media ecosystems to rival Apple's. but except for their die-hard fans who wants to live inside their small and expensive "walled gardens"? Apple's is bigger, better, and - as a matter of fact - less expensive.   while on the other hand, with iOS 7 Apple is expanding its ecosystem to include game controllers for Apple TV via AirPlay (at least). who do you think is going to come out ahead?
sorry but everyone here including DED still misses the one key reason for MS' success in the '90's - the absolute necessity for software files that could be universally shared among businesses, government, and professionals.    i was the boss in the '80's that decided how my small company should first computerize. it was some DOS system, i can't even remember which. by the early 90's that was obsolete. so some of us got Macs, but by then MS Windows PC's were becoming...
exactly.
i bet the iWatch will be very simple. will do all iPod stuff with earbud jack, no iphone needed. will do Facetime - vid and voice both - email, texting, alerts via wifi, no iphone needed. can also tether to iphone for this when there is no wifi. a few simple convenience apps, like health monitors and calculators. oh yeah, time and weather. use a Siri like UI with iCloud sync for stuff and iTunes Match. in other words - the iPod of the future! everyone is looking in...
well no one has mentioned yet that what MS got along with the factories is a top notch engineering team. Nokia has always made very good hardware. since MS clearly is determined to become a major consumer product OEM now, that is a valuable new asset for them. that means we will see more Surface tablets and other gizmos too. well made with good cameras no doubt.   good luck with that, MS.   (also, the $7.5 B price is about the same as Google paid for Motorola for...