or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

oh sure, there will be billions of cheap droid phones of some kind around the world for many years to come. made by dozens of developing world companies we never hear of here. Google doesn't give a damn what happens to any OEM as a result. so the big name brands we do recognize like Samsung, Sony, and the rest will be pushed out of the market one by one, unable to compete at either the high or low end of the market and bleeding cash as long as they try. but at some point -...
looking at the many web pieces about Apple's big numbers, not one of them even mentioned what i think is a key, if not THE key, to the iPhone's soaring popularity - its much superior user security. (of course that extends to the entire Apple products/ecosystem too.)   there is just no denying that Android is far more dangerous in many ways, and with the constant drumbeat of "hacking" episodes of all kinds in the news globally, plus identity theft and all the rest,...
with all this momentum the AWatch will be a huge hit and add another large bump to the Spring quarter revenues. but as many note it's the super-sticky Apple ecosystem that really is the foundation. and with much more coming with Apple Pay, Car Play, Home Kit and Health Kit this year, that ecosystem will become even more compelling.
no no no When Apple announced the iWatch, it presented an actual finished physical product with pre-production hardware samples on hand and at the announcement. its beta software was not ready for hands-on demo then, but the fact is that it will be going on sale now about six months later. and the same was true of the original iPhone announcement btw. that is not "vaporware" in any sense of that term and it is totally ridiculous to say it is. MS' so-called HoloLens is at...
the Adobe security notice lists IE and Firefox specifically as vulnerable. but does not list Safari. so is Safari vulnerable too or not?
no it's someone with a really great sense of humor. which no pundit i know of has.
The Macalope broke this story last week already.
geeze, what a grump! did someone put a gun to your head and make you read it? how about let him have his Editorial fun - some other folks enjoy it too - while you just go someplace else ...
Bottom Line for all this back and forth:   - pulling your phone out of your pocket to pay is undeniably physically simpler than any credit card system can ever be. because that card is always inside something - wallet, purse, etc. - and getting it out and using it takes two hands and two steps, and the same again to put it back. (plus i button my wallet pocket, so three steps each way for me).   - fingerprint identity confirmation - the Apple implementation - is simply...
it's so obvious that Cook's "you're the proudct" comment hit home - and hard.   Zuckerberg, the arrongant fool. what a "tell." he should never play poker.