or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

Yes Motorola makes a lot of CATV boxes for the cablecos. and the last thing the cablecos are going to do is let Google eat their lunch by cutting into their PPV and ad action via those boxes by packaging Google whatever into them. that ain't gonna happen. Google TV's problem isn't the box anyway, it's the concept that "search" is what consumers want to do on their TV. it's not. they don't. they just want the content they want with as little effort and at as low a...
all the 2010 Android tabs were total POS. should never have been put on the market.
the accurate headline for that ABI BS "analysis" would be: "iPad takes 80% of tablet market in 16 months while making that market 10x bigger than before too." what whores. but yeah, the iPad will wind up with "just" 70% of the market long term, like the iPod, because all the world's OEM's have to keep flooding the market with lower priced crap to stay alive in a race to the bottom. I do wish, tho that Apple would offer a 5.5" iPod touch running the iPhone OS. it would...
i wuz thinking of the Blackberry of course, which is still widely deployed in enterprise because IT is so resistant to change. but yes the PlayBook is a total dog. that's why HP - which has extensive enterprise sales and services too - could take that whole market away from them with a top notch WebOS smartphone/tablet combo package optimized for business use. trying to chase the consumer market first instead is a bad mistake for HP because there they are going up against...
To be fair, i'd like to read an updated review of TouchPad with its updated OS. to see if they fixed the fatal flaws at least. i'll look around ... and no doubt HP will release a new model that is slimmer and lighter, its hardware fatal flaw. but when? too soon to write them off tho. but yes, this price cut is obviously needed to unload the unsold inventory of the V.1 TouchPad. their problem is, the race to the bottom with all the Android tabs is now well...
sure Google is in a hurry, now that they know what to copy from iOS 5. Screen Mirroring for Apple TV will be its killer app, so Google has to "invent" their version for Google TV ASAP. oh yeah, and copy, er i mean "invent," AirPlay from iOS 4 too.
what's important to know is the judge's grounds for the ruling. the big question is, is the infringement easy for Samsung/Android to fix/workaround? or is it something important that will make a big difference?
so what is up with FaceBook and its hold back on the iPad app? it might make sense if FaceBook were about to release its own branded tablet or a special partnership with some OEM. but that would have to be an Android tab, and FaceBook and Google are mortal enemies. ditto MS. i guess they could team up with RIM ... but the PlayBook is so lame. more likely mayb there is still some tiff between Apple and FaceBook over things. being run by an arrogant kid, FaceBook is just...
Android's free ride will certainly come to an end next year. but an extra $50 license cost per phone is not going to make that big a difference in the market. and they'll find workarounds for Apple's stuff. so where does this lead?
ANY tablet that is noticeably thicker and heavier than the iPad 2 is simply DOA in the market. all of them, including the TouchPad. only Samsung has been smart enough to realize that so far.and except for rich guys and website techies, the gadget-loving early-adopter market for not-Apple tablets - which isn't that big anyway - is all tapped out. they've all bought one of these V.1 dogs of some kind by now and are stuck with it for a while. they will wait for the next...