or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

OMG, reading the many quick web reports on Siegler's post, we have another wave of the Great White Tablet Hope/Hype. This is the one at last! look out Apple! many cite a "complete" Amazon ecosystem? well yes i guess if you ignore all the other Apple ecosystem's hardware, software, and walk-in retail stores that the iPad is integrated with. others point to Amazon's web retail marketing muscle. yes they're right Amazon can spam us to death with Kindle ads whenever we...
stick a fork in it.
another fatally flawed V.1 tablet from a major OEM. flimsy hardware, but the same price as iPad. no software update can fix that. what is wrong with all these people? it's market suicide to do that. you only get one chance to make that first impression. poor Sony, they used to know what they were doing. Stringer's clearly out of his depth.
All this mystery Apple television hype is pretty silly. Apple today sells a state of the art 27" monitor, the Thunderbolt Display, for $999, with decent built in speakers. you don't need a tuner anymore, just add a few HDMI ports, wifi/ethernet, optical sound out, add an AppleTV chip, and give it a slick iOS UI via a Remote app for iDevices, and bingo, you have a beautiful top of the line 27" Apple Television. yeah the price is high end. but Apple can probably begin...
agree the hardware volume rocker control sucks. but you can go to the on screen controls to the left of the home page via a double click and swipe, and back to your app.and yes a fixed/variable volume output toggle would be nice, so you never have to pick up the damn TV remote. me, I'd also like a basic equalizer option too.I think a Scrabble approach is best for multiplayer. the app being mirrored is running on one iPad and you can use other iOS devices as player remotes...
i got beat up in the comments when i posted the following here on December 31, 2009: "Clearly ATV needs a more compelling purpose to move out of the "hobby" category and become a really popular consumer product. of the many possibilities mentioned in the comments, IMHO the outstanding one is for ATV to become also a bridge box between your iPhone/touch/Tablet and your high-end HDTV. so you could mirror your apps and games wirelessly on your big screen TV and sound...
been using the HDMI dongle to do iPad 2 screen mirroring. as said before, it is clumsy - got a heavy 10 ft cable so i can sit on the sofa. but that aside, which iOS 5 will solve wirelessly, it is great. use it all the time with SlingPlayer app (streaming from a TiVo/cablebox at my other place) and the PQ is very good. only a few game apps take advantage of it now, like Real Racing, but no doubt many more will jump on for Holiday sales. and i'm sure developers will come up...
you mean, total bullshit?
i'm sure many have said already, just to note that Apple's 2012 products are already in final or very advanced planning, and its 2013 products are at least in draft form. all under Jobs' direction. and no doubt there is also a 5 year Apple roadmap, with even a 10 year vision that he has approved. Jobs can never be replaced. but he built the best team in the world to execute his vision, and so we will see many more fantastic Apple products in the foreseeable...
another Android tablet in a crowded field running the planned-obsolete Honeycomb beta OS. soon to be joined by Sony too. but wait! the Great White Hope (anyone but Apple) is sure to come - Amazon! or ... Facebook! or ... the Korean government?