or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

HP can't play hardball with Best Buy and make them eat a (200,000+ x $300+ each =) $60+ million loss on the TouchPad. because then that would be the last HP product BB ever sells. they'll make a deal. HP will do a big Holiday ad campaign featuring the "improved" TouchPad with some purported major OS update, the price will drop to $300 after an additional $100 HP "instant" rebate, and HP will take back whatever stock is left unsold after Xmas. all the other big chains will...
first, i want to give props to Digi Times for making a definite short term prediction - that we will see sharp price cuts in the current generation of Honeycomb Android tablets by the end of the year as the OEM's and retailers dump unsold inventory. we'll be able to see very soon if Digi Times got this right or not. i think they do. but will the upcoming third generation of Ice Cream Sandwich (horrible name) Android tablets do much better next year? one reason they...
you can do that today with AirPlay at home. just turn on Home Sharing. i do it all the time. the only constraint is your Mac has to be turned on and awake, you have to be logged in, and iTunes has to be open and running. i'd like Apple to have an iTunes access app running in the background so i wouldn't have to remember to do all that (the "server" function). but apparently iCloud is going to provide this ability another way, anyplace you are at home or away.
you must not have any iThings. AirPlay works great. and iPad Screen Mirroring in iOS 5 will be a killer feature.that ain't a problem, that's an impossibility. the cablecos want a direct sales connection to all their customers to squeeze every penny out of the relationship. they never want to go through any middleman. especially the world's biggest content vampire, Google.
Dick, congrats on #4000, but this post not a winner. no way the cablecos are going to let Google package their content ever, in any way, period. any further extension of cableco services to other digital devices, mobile, cloud, whatever, they will totally control and, of course, monetize 100% for themselves. that's already starting, slowly, with apps like Xfinity. as others have written, the cablecos will offer their app content "free" in order to shore up their overpriced...
Yes Motorola makes a lot of CATV boxes for the cablecos. and the last thing the cablecos are going to do is let Google eat their lunch by cutting into their PPV and ad action via those boxes by packaging Google whatever into them. that ain't gonna happen. Google TV's problem isn't the box anyway, it's the concept that "search" is what consumers want to do on their TV. it's not. they don't. they just want the content they want with as little effort and at as low a...
all the 2010 Android tabs were total POS. should never have been put on the market.
the accurate headline for that ABI BS "analysis" would be: "iPad takes 80% of tablet market in 16 months while making that market 10x bigger than before too." what whores. but yeah, the iPad will wind up with "just" 70% of the market long term, like the iPod, because all the world's OEM's have to keep flooding the market with lower priced crap to stay alive in a race to the bottom. I do wish, tho that Apple would offer a 5.5" iPod touch running the iPhone OS. it would...
i wuz thinking of the Blackberry of course, which is still widely deployed in enterprise because IT is so resistant to change. but yes the PlayBook is a total dog. that's why HP - which has extensive enterprise sales and services too - could take that whole market away from them with a top notch WebOS smartphone/tablet combo package optimized for business use. trying to chase the consumer market first instead is a bad mistake for HP because there they are going up against...
To be fair, i'd like to read an updated review of TouchPad with its updated OS. to see if they fixed the fatal flaws at least. i'll look around ... and no doubt HP will release a new model that is slimmer and lighter, its hardware fatal flaw. but when? too soon to write them off tho. but yes, this price cut is obviously needed to unload the unsold inventory of the V.1 TouchPad. their problem is, the race to the bottom with all the Android tabs is now well...