or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

um ... this is post 1,350 ... clearly there is something amiss with your set up (need more RAM?), a corrupted/bug/incompatible software, or your hardware.
i just don't have this Safari problem - on any device. maybe i just don't go to ... those ... websites.
you have just demonstrated once again how Wall Street is driven by hype, not facts as the conventional wisdom fantasizes (e.g., "analysts"). how else do you think the crash of 2008 was possible? or the next one ...
i'm sure all the other OEM's are "working on" some kind of biometric ID, fingerprints or whatever. but coming up with a reliable consumer product version is obviously very hard to do, since only Apple has succeeded so far. it will be very interesting to see how long it takes them to match Apple technology. 2014? we'll see. until then, all they got is hype.   and methods like facial recognition or retina scans or voice ID are not as flexible. Touch ID clearly has...
some people's fingertips just don't register well for whatever reason - like my wife's. but Touch ID works fine for me on same phone. i helped her try to setup, so no difference there. obviously has to be something to do with her skin - it is kind of calloused.
yes, the Pro is clearly targeted by Apple to pro apps, like FCP, that are optimized to use its full capabilities. so far, no third party apps, like Premier, are. nor the 3D apps either, as you describe.   the test will be when and if major software companies do this. Adobe probably will sometime in the next year. maybe some CAD companies too. otherwise ...?   if a critical mass of third party software is updated for the Mac Pro, then it could really take off. if not,...
your experience and the various forum comments are all ad hoc reports. my ad hoc report is that none of my three iOS 7 devices have had a system crash yet, including a new iPad Mini. so the first question is if some app that is in background state but checking occasionally for activity is the problem for those of you with crash reports. the issue is clearly not so widespread as to be affecting everyone, we would have heard about that by now. without much more real world...
un-uh. routine contracts between OEM's and the retail chains/telcos all include contingencies for returns (or large wholesale price discounts) of unsold products to the OEM's, as well as the timing of payments. it's a negotiation, and it's the chains/telcos that usually have the leverage here (unless it's a really popular product, like an iPad), and they are not going to take the majority of risk of getting stuck with unsold units of a flop product. and i would bet the...
you can be sure that Samsung's announced 800k "sales" are actually just "shipped" - SS has a long documented history of routinely  misrepresenting and flat out lying about such stats (the Apple lawsuit disclosures were damning). so essentially that is the amount of their first production run, now distributed into their global sales channels. for all we know, the actual consumer sales could still be as few as the 50k rumor.   but realistically, there are enough...
 "they all do it" is no defense or excuse. on a scale of 1 to 10 (not counting the NSA), Google scores the 10 for maximum data mining of its hundreds of millions (billions?) of users in so many ways. you're right, we don't really know what MS is mining from its built in Windows OS "back door," and i'm sure it copies Google's practices as much as it can with all its ecosystem services, so we can't really score them, but MS could be a 10 too. they just aren't as good at...