or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

ATV is so inexpensive @ $100 that it is easy to justify buying even with its limited - but nice - current capabilities. and AirPlay has a huge potential for expansion. i don't see Apple making its own brand of HDTV's. instead, apps will = channels. the MLB and NBA apps on iPad and ATV already show how this will work - streaming video, both live and on demand, like a normal CATV channel and also adding a lot more services to that. you can subscribe to just the ones you...
Samsung didn't even bother to deny Apple's copycat allegation! i guess they couldn't quickly think of anything to say that wasn't ridiculous on its face. game over. this lawsuit is not about winning in court, guys. that will take years. forget who is "right" technically. this suit is about winning in consumer/market perceptions - now. Apple is chopping at Samsung's reputation right now, branding them as a second-rate knockoff product. not the "real thing." it's an...
hey guys, it doesn't really matter if Apple is right or wrong on the merits of the case. that will take up to 5 years to resolve in court. what matters is what impact the case has now. will Samsung try to make its copying less obvious for upcoming products - even with some delay? yes. will it sharply discourage more knockoff products? from top-tier OEM's, yes. from others, no. will the copycat label hurt Samsing and others marketing and boost iOS products? a...
these reviews so totally remind of the initial reviews of the Storm and Torch ... all of which noted some major issues but nonetheless declared them a rival for the iPhone - remember? in fact, they were both fatally flawed, and they flopped. no one outside the BB cult is going to buy one of these.
Gartner's three year guesses are very unimaginative. it's all about the total ecosystem, not the individual pieces in isolation. i guess that: - iPhone will continue to hold 20-25% of the smartphone market. and Android about half (but very fragmented by the OEM's). with all the others - RIM, WP, and "other" (proprietary OEM OS's like Bada, etc.) - splitting up the remainder. - i don't think Apple will come out with an iPhone Nano - an iOS feature phone with few apps,...
yeah, a Moto-Bot. some ad agency has been planting obvious astroturf comments about the Xoom around the blogs from the start. one favorite line i saw a lot was "i've used both now and ...".
yeah, i'm sure Moto is going to take a sizeable $ loss on the Xoom. lots of one-time costs, plus a big marketing budget (which marketing is terrible). Moto would say they want to "build the brand" and recoup the loss later this year with the Son of Xoom. like the Droid. we'll see ... it's nothing like the Samusung 7" Galaxy tablet fiasco. 2.1 million shipped! how many sold - 10%? 20%? what a massive blunder! the losses on that utter total flop will be in the $ hundreds of...
Moto might have sold 200,000 Xoom's if it had a full product line at launch. it might have sold 300,000 if it had an international launch. now the wifi model is coming and some international soon. so it may be too soon to call it a "flop." but it sure is off to a slow start. so Moto is reportedly cutting back on production. meanwhile the iPad2 is selling like hotcakes with a full product line, and ramping up international sales. Apple can't build them fast enough....
you forget, probably another 100,000 of those suckers already bought a 7" Samsung Galaxy tab months ago. leaving about 2 million of those "shipped" Galaxies unsold too. probably sitting in discount bins throughout Asia.
don't put your words in my mouth. my post was specifically about "the most strident fanDroids." you're complaining about some "pervasive bias" straw man comment of your own imagination, not mine.just FYI if you don't know history, michael arrington, the poobah of Techcrunch, was a linux guy going back a good while. and remember his (Linux) Crunchpad flop over a year ago? he plainly favors Android now. but i would not call him "strident." he's admires the iPad, but prefers...