or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

Samsung's 10.1 tab weighs the same and is just one-tenth" thicker than iPad 2. so that can't be what is "inadequate." the camera is fancier too. the processor/graphics? Samsung manufactures Apple's A5 chip, right? so they would certainly already have known about its performance for some time. the new Tegras that Android tabs are using are all there is for them now, so that can't be it either. maybe the grpahics chip? but video mirroring is hardly a big enough reason to...
looking at all the posts still clinging to the notion Apple "could" release a 3 or 2.5 hardware version of the iPad this Fall (beyond its likely iOS 5 update with some new software features and a possible Verizon 4G edition), despite the seemingly-definitive "2011 is the Year of iPad 2" statement and theme of yesterday's event the AI article was premised on, i just have to say one thing: you're clutching at straws. really. the Fall is the annual update time for the iPods...
yeah, when in the last ten years has Apple launched two important hardware updates in a single calendar year for any single major hardware product? not the iPhone. not the iPod. no MacBook or iMac i can remember. the only variance from annual update cycles is when Apple has waited even longer than a year for one (like the Mac Mini and Apple TV).and as you note, a retina display and even lighter carbon fiber shell would be a powerful new hardware attraction that would...
because the next major bump in iPad capabilities will come with iOS 5! the software, not the hardware!! with improved notifications and widgets and other convenience stuff like that where Android is most competitive. in the Fall probably, same as last year's iPad bump to iOS 4 with multitasking, cut and paste, folders, etc.and in between will come the iTunes/MobileMe enhancements that the iPad can also use to good advantage. Maybe something useful in OS X Lion too.it's a...
actually Jobs did put it down in writing - big white block letters on the theater's projection screen at least 5 feet tall. the last slide of the show! with him standing directly in front of it!!
just watched the event video. the two things that impressed the most were: (1) simply seeing Jobs look so vigorous and apparently in decent health, and (2) Garage Band. Garage Band really is a true Wow!! app. for the ridiculously insignificant price of $5 (on top of the iPad purchase price, which you would buy anyway for dozens of other good reasons) you get an entire easiest-to-use-ever orchestra of sophisticated musical instrument synthesizers combined with an...
you got that right.
Jobs does not play such cute petty word games. he uses lots of hype, yes, but not pure baloney. there won't be an iPad 3 this year, or 2.5 or HD. yup, instead a 5.5" iPod touch makes plenty of sense. there's are real market niche there. the "big pocket" market. the low-price market (for families with kids especially). coming in the Fall. but we will never see a 7" iPad, something else Jobs made ultra clear. the iPad 2 is really nice. the whole package is greater than the...
bringing a lot of the iOS UI to the Mac is great, but the big question is, will it run iOS apps too? i know some will not work. but most would with all the new touch controls. since we see that Lion will definitely keep Dashboard, they could run there like widgets, which they resemble visually, tho they are far more powerful. that would be a sensation, since many iOS apps are terrific, being so well focused on easy acces to specific purposes. i would expect Apple...
my god, i can't believe this thread. it's full of jokes and has no insults or personal attacks. the campers must be happy.