or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

i don't know anything about Munster. but an Apple HDTV with AppleTV built in makes plenty of sense. the HDTV is the ultimate home digital appliance and a logical part of any media ecosystem. Sony and the rest are trying to do the same thing, but they keep screwing it up by making it all too complicated and focused on their own flawed package of web services, or Google TV. and they don't offer all the pieces. only Apple can, with its seamless iTunes/iOS ecosystem. the...
thanks. it wasn't on the TechCrunch site, and i don't look at the rest of their stable's sites.funny tho, Coldeway didn't express any of those doubts in his post last week. ah well, what matters is he was THINKING about it - you know. that's how real "web journalists" work. the notion was in his own personal mind "cloud." where his virtually mind reality is as good as if it really happened. or as if he wrote it even.
well, i punished myself and went over to TechCrunch to see if they have covered the Galaxy Big Flop story yet today. (their pages run some horrible script that ties up my processor at 50% for over a minute every page load - not Flash). TC of course is Android fanboy territory (except for one token Apple guy, MGS). why even as recently as last thursday they were hyping the 2 million sales story: http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/01/27...y-tabs-served/ but gee, nothing...
ah, a gigantic feast of crow is being served on the internets today. preceeded by a first course of egg on the face. and topped off with a heaping bowl of claim chowder. do you think all the bloggers, pundits, and "analysts" will finally learn the difference between "shipped" and "sold" once and for all this time??
everything about this new report is very possible. multiple important incremental improvements to iPad1, but no breakthroughs. i believe it. given its detail and the many other rumors about manufacturing, factory production of the iPad2 must be imminent. which would make sense for a March sales start, with a typical Apple February launch announcement. but what about the "other shoe" - the software? what will Apple add to the iPad's iOS? we know what is coming with iOS...
Sony's "next gen" portable is classic Sony: jam pack every bell and whistle Sony's great Japanese engineers can devise into a single gizmo. a real tour de force. except that is not what anyone except nerds/geeks wants, or can figure out how to fully use. Sony should learn from MS even, and the success of the Kinnect. the Kinnect is a one trick pony, but it is a good trick: an inexpensive accessory that is compatible with a large installed base of XBox's that nails...
oh Sam, Sam. you're supposed to already know this: MS sells WP7 licenses, not phones. it sells them to the OEM's, not consumers. THEN the OEM's manufacture the handsets and put them into the various retail channels inventory (do any OEM's sell a WP7 phone direct to consumers? i dunno). finally a real person, aka consumer, actually might buy one from one of those retailers, be it a telco or Best Buy etc. we don't know how many of these initial 2 million MS licenses have...
ah, i love the smell of burning MS in the morning ... of course this is good ol' Microsoft bashing. and metaphor mashing. always fun! actually, a whole new generation of leadership may be exactly what MS needs to get out of its doldrums. but a fish rots from the head ...
made 'em up.
btw, has anyone else noticed the visual tricks Samsung is using in its Galaxy tab ads to make it look bigger than it really is? all the forced perspective shots where a hand and tab stand out in close up against a receding background view? and a guy in the ad holding it who is definitely on the small side? cheap tricks.