or Connect

Posts by Alfiejr

ah, grumpy old men! haven't you figured out yet it is basic human nature to grouse about the latest hot new thing, whatever it is? until you actually try it, that is, and discover it is pretty good after all. which is why you see other old guys with them.
you're right. except for hard core fandroids, no one will pay a premium price for any Android tab. they'll want the real Apple thing if they spend $500+. but budget buyers will buy a $300 Asus tab when they work OK. leaving MR and SS trapped into another race to the bottom. all that will kill is profits.
well, there might be hope even now. if Apple were going to provide its own group of widgets for iPad2 (you would be able to select what notifications/services/info to push/aggregate for a given kind of widget in its app settings), there would be no hint of that in the 4.3 OS beta. it would be something that got unveiled as a surprise at the launch announcement, like iBooks was. i'm sure the launch event is coming sometime this month ... so we'll know soon.
what's hard to understand? my point is Apple iOS and the iPad prioritize simplicity of use, limiting its possible uses as a trade off ("curated"). whereas Android Honeycomb prioritizes maximizing possibilities of use, making it more complicated to use as a trade off ("open"). take your own pick. but most consumers are not techies and so will choose simplicity. i'm a hobbyist myself, but after 25 years of fiddling with computers i've gotten tired messing with it all and...
from the presentation, whatever DED says, it is clear Honeycomb certainly offers more complexity/possibilities to users than the iPod. Apple has mastered simplification. calling iPad an app warehouse is stupid trash talk. instead, iOS gets out of the way and allows apps to take you wherever you want to go. whereas Google does not want to get out of the way. Google wants to be THE way you go, via the web, to capture your eyeballs for ads. Android fans are in constant...
as to apps, to realize its potential, AppleTV already needs a new third class of iOS apps @ 16:9 aspect 1280x720. iPad apps are 4:3, iPhone apps are 3:2. i expect to see this coming this year no matter what. it will give AppleTV sales a big boost.
i don't know anything about Munster. but an Apple HDTV with AppleTV built in makes plenty of sense. the HDTV is the ultimate home digital appliance and a logical part of any media ecosystem. Sony and the rest are trying to do the same thing, but they keep screwing it up by making it all too complicated and focused on their own flawed package of web services, or Google TV. and they don't offer all the pieces. only Apple can, with its seamless iTunes/iOS ecosystem. the...
thanks. it wasn't on the TechCrunch site, and i don't look at the rest of their stable's sites.funny tho, Coldeway didn't express any of those doubts in his post last week. ah well, what matters is he was THINKING about it - you know. that's how real "web journalists" work. the notion was in his own personal mind "cloud." where his virtually mind reality is as good as if it really happened. or as if he wrote it even.
well, i punished myself and went over to TechCrunch to see if they have covered the Galaxy Big Flop story yet today. (their pages run some horrible script that ties up my processor at 50% for over a minute every page load - not Flash). TC of course is Android fanboy territory (except for one token Apple guy, MGS). why even as recently as last thursday they were hyping the 2 million sales story: http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/01/27...y-tabs-served/ but gee, nothing...
ah, a gigantic feast of crow is being served on the internets today. preceeded by a first course of egg on the face. and topped off with a heaping bowl of claim chowder. do you think all the bloggers, pundits, and "analysts" will finally learn the difference between "shipped" and "sold" once and for all this time??