or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Instead of incorporating Shazam into Siri, I would prefer them to add it to the swipe up settings panel. In fact I would love to have some options to add or change the default options there. I have never used the portrait lock button even once so would happily replace that with something else I would use if given the option. For example replace portrait lock with a Shazam icon that I often use. I also have never used the camera icon there since I have the camera app on my...
People sure figured out pretty fast how to download Google maps when all the bad press started. We are not talking about some hard to find hidden setting buried deep in the bowels of the GUI so don't exaggerate. I just counted, 3 easy taps. Settings>Safari>search.  Normally people would never have a reason to ever go there but that is because Google is now the default. If the default is switched to Bing or Yahoo that would make huge news so there would likely even be TV...
I have thought the same thing. Not so much the same Sherlock as long ago but a new reincarnation that could also be useful for app searches especially since the app store and iTunes suck at finding apps unless you already know the name. Siri is lonely and Sherlock would make a great companion for her for showing results. 
They could do it but most people would switch back to Google. All it takes is one simple click in Safari settings so then Google would still get most iOS users but wouldn't have to pay Apple a billion a year. Not a good move
If Apple manages to make  Not all states in the U.S. have state sales tax. I think 4 or 5 still have none. Also rates can vary a great deal from around 4% to around 9% or even more in other states. But certainly nothing close to 20% like the VAT in Europe. As I posted earlier you can also buy a 16GB iPhone 5c off contract much cheaper. Here is a pict of the prices. These are not with a contract either. This is off contract prices 
 No, the new framily plan rates are open to anyone including individuals, you do not need a family to get family rates. To get the $45 unlimited rate as an individual all you do is join a plan that already has 6 other people which is easy to do now since there are websites/facebook sites for people to share their ID's. Sort of similar to the way DirecTV offers reduced rates for sharing account ID's. You can check the framily ID before you join to make sure 6 are there...
 $100 a month? Maybe you are. I pay $50 a month with Sprint for unlimited data on my 5s and my plan is not even the cheapest for unlimited. Sprint now has $45 a month unlimited plans. And yes I mean truly unlimited LTE which means no soft caps and no throttling. I used around 25GB last month for example because I went on vacation and watched a lot of HBOgo and Netflix. There are plans with many carriers for $45 a month and possibly lower. Not to mention that GPS on my...
Most in Europe are 20 or 21%. It would work out to $463 without VAT. I personally wouldn't value an 8GB iPhone 5c at that price when you can get a 5s which is a far better phone with double the memory for $494 off contract here or even a iPhone 5c 16GB (also double the memory) off contract for $359 in the U.S.
The biggest ripoff in terms of inflating car costs are dealerships.Have you evel looked at the dealer added costs on a car? I read that dealers actually add anywhere from 10 to 30% to the cost and for what?  It is unfortunate that we can't simply log on to a manufacturer website, customize the car to our liking and buy it from them directly. I think the only company that currently allows this is Tesla. New jersey actually just passed a law I believe to prevent Tesla from...
 I see your point. Apple can't do much about the European VAT which ranges from around 20% to even 25% depending on the country. We in the U.S.A. often forget the actual price of the phones we buy because of subsidies. Most people pay around $200 for a new phone but would balk at paying the true price of $650. Granted we actually do pay the real price of the phone with our monthly phone bills but that seems to lessen the shock. The price of smartphones today really aren't...