or Connect

Posts by gwmac

With a 5K display Apple might offer a beefier GPU than usual on this update. 
This might be the 1st iMac to make me consider switching from my Mac Pro which is getting a bit old. With a new Mac Pro or a new iMac I will have the same issue with both in terms of migrating my four hard drives. Are there any reasonably priced but decent quality external enclosures to house my four Mac Pro drives out there anyone could recommend? 
8MP is plenty for the rear camera and I agree with the posts above. It will take great photos and more than that is not needed unless you print posters.  But I am disappointed the FaceTime camera didn't get a bump to the 2 to 3 MP range. Now that actually would make a huge difference in quality. As popular as selfies are now I was sure that would get a bump in megapixels. 
A lot to like with these new models and I am happy they decided to completely ditch the 4" moving forward. Yeah, you can still buy one in last years model but it is safe to say Apple went all in with big. I will definitely be getting the 6+.    It was a long wait to get a decent sized iPhone but just glad the wait is finally over. As expected, all the naysayers on AI suddenly developed amnesia and think we have forgotten all the crap they said the last...
Out of curiosity I checked Verizon. I didn't bother with AT&T since their plans are pretty close to Verizon, maybe a bit cheaper.    If I switched to Verizon and stuck with my average usage of around 15GB to be safe.    $60 for 2GB then $15 x13 additional GB = $195 plus $60 = $255. Compare that to around $75 tax included on Sprint with unlimited data. I am curious how anyone on Verizon can keep their usage that low? I would hate to constantly live in fear I am about to...
The one problem with Apple taking a cut is the banks or credit card companies will likely pass that on to consumers. For example, Discover just got through with a  six month promotion where if I averaged over $3,000 a month they will pay me $500 in addition to the normal cashback I already receive which range between 2% to 5% depending on merchants.That extra $500 was a nice bonus for doing nothing I don't normally do.    If Apple cuts into their fees, is it possible we...
 There might be a lot of cracked screens and broken iPhones from drive thru transactions as people hold their phones out the window. I wonder how that will work. Online sales is also another problem area for magnetic cards. It would be nice to have an added layer for online sales for example a temporary PIN that expires and is sent by text. Or perhaps Apple Pay incorporates some online purchase feature I have not read about yet.  Apple Pay won't solve all the issues but it...
First of all I am also a fan of Apple Pay and think it can be big. It is also good to add Discover since they are my favorites and often offer the biggest cash back. The one thing I do not understand is why most of the rest of the world added relatively cheap technology to existing credit card years ago that ones in the U.S. never offered. Two very simple things. A small photo of the user on the card and something called chip and pin. This is also known as "Smart cards"...
One handed use was never that important for me. Whenever I watch videos or spend more than a few seconds to check weather, a score, or similar I always hold my 55 in landscape. Many apps now are landscape mode only and won't even work in portrait mode at all. This is especially true of games. I couldn't care less about one handed use. I am just so happy to finally have the iPhone I have been waiting for. 64GB iPhone 6 plus for me. 
I personally prefer to own my phones because they work out free or actually a small profit for me. But I can see the appeal of people that want a new iPhone every year. I am with Sprint not solely because it is cheaper but also because I have zero complaints about the service. YMMV but for me it works fine.   The new plan is $50 a month for unlimited data, talk, & texts plus $20 for the base iPhone. That works out to $75 or so after taxes. I don't think AT&T or Verizon...