or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I saw recently one of those breakdown type sites that estimate parts to a fairly accurate degree. I believe they priced the 16GB storage in the 5s at around $9. I can't find that article but did find one a little older. "Apple spends at least $191 on components to build a 16-gigabyte iPhone 5S. The cost rises to $210 for a 64 GB unit. The cost of assembly adds another $8 per unit, bringing the range to between $199 and $218m [...]On the iPhone 5C, the lower-priced model...
You would be right. My 5s has a 1560 mAh battery and my battery case has a 2300 mAh battery for a total of 3860 mAh which more than doubles the battery life. Even under the heaviest of usages my iPhone is still usually going strong from early morning till very late at night. 
I really don't care if they use IGZO, OLED, LCD, or any other type of display as long as they mange to improve every release and stay competitive with displays on other phones. I have to say I am very impressed by the latest generation of OLED though. Their one weak point used to be bad visibility in outdoor light with the sun but they managed to overcome that with the newest OLED displays. No honest person that actually does a number of side by side tests with a 5s and S5...
 I hope they go beyond simply maintaining battery life and instead manage to extend battery life by 2 or 3 or even more hours over the 5s. With an additional 2 hours I could likely forego a battery case for my iPhone 6 for the first time ever. 
I have a 5s and don't play games during the day but do use other types of apps that use heavy data usage. I have found that a battery case is a much easier option than trying to find outlets to "bump the charge" as you say. I am not around an outlet long enough to wait for that and plus that is far more inconvenient to me at least than having a slightly heavier case. In reality my battery case doesn't make my iPhone much heavier than one in an otter case or similar and...
Exactly. We shouldn't need to have to find an outlet or a car charger for normal use. A modern smart phone should last all day long under normal use and it doesn't because of the 1560 mAh battery which is really really small. It is amazing that it lasts as long as it does though considering batteries in Android phones are nearly twice that. I think with a larger iPhone 6 the battery should increase to a more reasonable size of around 2500 mAh. 
Hardly. Construction workers, hospital workers that do not want to leave their phone plugged in an outlet because they are walking all over the hospital and want to have it with them, lawyers in court all day, employees who do not have an outlet anywhere near them,  anyone working outdoors. It is a lot more people than you think. Not everyone sits in an office or cubicle with an outlet where you can charge your phone for an extended time. There are a lot of people that...
Thin and light might be important to other people but I just want an iPhone where I don't have to buy a battery case to use it all day long for a change. By around 4PM my iPhone's internal battery is drained and it switches to the battery case battery for power. In many cases I do not have an electrical source for a charger so had to get a battery case which adds a lot of bulk and weight. But I am actually used to it now and sort of prefer that heft as it is harder to...
When maps was first launched I think back then I was on my 4s. I was interested to test both Siri and Maps so just asked Siri to "Take me to McDonalds" as a test. There is one about 1.5 miles down the road from me with hardly any turns. For some reason the route maps used wanted me to drive past the McDonalds for another mile and and half, then turn around. The total trip was 4.3 miles instead of the 1.3 miles it should have been. I reported the problem way back then. I...
 Before we knew the size and people were still guessing, I was hoping for an iPhone 6 around 5". I still think that is the sweet spot but that ship has sailed. The 4.7" is closer to my dream size than the larger one but I will definitely have to think long and hard before I decide. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but all the shorts and jeans I have bought recently have larger pockets that can easily pocket a Note 3 and I would assume the 5.5" iPhone 6 as well....