or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Daniel, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Last year in Georgia our sleazy Governor Nathan Deal paid CNBC some money and magically Georgia got ranked as the #1 state for business in the country. This year after the same sleazy governor was reelected and chose not to pay CNBC any "ranking money": we lost our #1 spot. After all he had been reelected largely due to that false report and didn't need them any more.    CNBC cannot be trusted for ANY reports, surveys, or...
I'm excited about the improvements to Siri. These are exactly what I have been hoping for. Siri is about to get a lot smarter and far more useful. 
The only feature on that list which really appeals to me is the front facing camera. Yeah..I know the MP war is over and I'm perfectly happy with the rear camera. But by 2015 I had hoped Apple would have bumped the front camera beyond 1.2MP by now because only 1.2 MP really does make a difference. If you don't take selfies then no big deal, but I do and I wish the images were higher resolution and offered a wider angle. I would have thought 3MP by now at least.    All...
Doesn't surprise me either. I recently had a very weird glitch where the App Store updater app on my Mac Pro (Yosemite) was loading blank pages. It also effected visiting the Apple discussion page which wouldn't load and a few more symptom like not being able to log in to Messages with my Apple ID.  It turned out to be a harder problem to solve than I thought, but I called Apple and even though it took 79 minutes to solve on a computer long out of warranty, they walked me...
 Thanks for confirming my experience. I asked the exact same question and sometimes she told me the answer and sometimes I got a map like you. 
Actually now that I think about it... the ads people see on websites are dependent on the websites themselves. I understand Apple can always change the default search engine to anything they like but after a user visits a website they will see the ads installed on that site. I don't think Apple can really do too much about that. And I also don't believe Apple would ever change settings not to allow the user to select their preferred search engine to any of the four main...
Yep, I agree 100%. No one would be the wiser with a change. Even if Apple made less money by switching to Bing ads they might do it since it is pittance to them but would really hurt Google. It would also make a lot of websites consider changing to Bing and that is the really big deal behind all of this. If Microsoft can get more websites using their ads that would really be a double whammy to Google.
I just asked again and she got it right this time. I phrased it the same as before which is the same question you used. maybe it was just a fluke. But my point is still valid that I am often able to ask questions to Siri and stump her (unintentionally) and I can get the answer from the Google version.  But I will add that the voice dictation feature in iOS is pretty damned good. It rarely makes any mistakes in my text dictations which is what I predominantly use for all my...
Yes the map showed the answer and that is why I said it wasn't the best example. But keep in mind that took more time because she had to map a route and technically all I wanted was the answer to how many miles. Google gave it to me immediately without mapping the drive.  I use the voice dictation feature for around 90% of my texts and it gets it right nearly all the time so that is not a problem. I just think because Google and Bing's is tied in with their search engine...
When people see or click on ads they have no idea if they are Google adsense, Bing, or any other network. If Apple chose to switch to someone else it wouldn't effect the end user in the slightest. Of course Apple should only switch if it makes more sense to do so for them financially. Stinging Google with lower profits would be icing on the cake though.