or Connect

Posts by gwmac

You misunderstand. That is precisely what I am saying. It is like a casserole using leftovers in the fridge. It is a new phone but using old parts. Tech people understand it is just a new body on old parts but many consumers who are not very savvy might not be aware it is reusing the internal parts from year before. If there is no new 4" with an A8 CPU this year we can safely say Apple will be killing off the 4" models shortly as they try and standardize on larger...
 Apple luckily is not insane and will not continue trying to sell the 5C "as is" in the 2014-15 product cycle given that it was not a great seller this past year. All iOS devices this year will have touch ID. Why would they spend all the time and money trying to add Touch ID the the 5c when it already exists in the 5s? They also will likely give the 6c new darker colors and get away from the crayola palette. The C model is meant to be sold as a current year phone even...
That will likely jump to 2 or even more gigabytes with the iPhone 6. I think their main concern with 1GB on the 5s was battery life. More ram can drain batteries faster. A larger battery in the iPhone 6 and a possibly more power efficient CPU and cellular radios should allow enough extra savings to increase the RAM. 
They will as the new 6c. It will contain the internal parts of the 5s in a plastic shell. But as far as a new 4" iPhone containing all the latest and greatest tech like the A8...those days are gone. 
Don't run too many speed tests since you might go over your typically low data cap on Vodafone. Fast speed tests may impress the uninformed but I think most techies understand anything above 10/down or 3/up is complete overkill for anything you will ever do on your phone unless you are tethering it to a computer and downloading torrents or similar. No wonder they can offer great speeds since that LTE map for Vodafone was pathetically small. The areas in purple for LTE were...
Yeah and you might have a point if my speediest was slow which it wasn't. I can do all those things as well and pay half as much as you pay and also get unlimited data to boot. What are you limited to, around 2.5GB? You won't be uploading too many photos with that crappy limit. Your trolling in the iMessage thread and many other threads shows you are not interested in conversation as much as simply trolling. 
Your guess is as good as mine. But I do know that SVLTE is very gimmicky with some poor tradeoffs and we both know Apple doesn't like those type of compromises. Verizon is the only one who has decided to run dual transmission paths for LTE and pay the price accordingly to allow SVLTE.  This is not a network issue, it is a device issue. The more bands you add, it becomes more and more difficult and expensive to try to keep dual path transmission for LTE and a 3G voice...
SVLTE is a dead technology that is simply a rather poor bandaid approach until VoLTE arrives. It relies on 1XRTT which is a 2G technology for voice and if you have ever spoken to someone on Verizon while they used data you probably noticed how poor the audio quality sounded. And not all phones have that feature as you suggested. The ones that did only did so as a last ditch effort to try and stem iPhone sales. It didn't work.  Apple has no need to implement a band aid...
I know how large Australia is since I have visited several times and driven all the way down the coast from Cairns to Sydney over a 3 week drive. But your point has nothing whatsoever to do with addressing the fact that those areas in purple that represent LTE cover a very tiny area of the country which is understandable since you have a very large country with a very small population not much larger than Florida and smaller than Texas or California . Once you leave the...