or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Give me a break. I don't choose my doctor over the phone he uses. And who said anything about storing any personal info on his phone? It is a handy reference for checking meds and other things. Medscape, Epocrates, Medline, iPharmcy, etc..are all available on Android and are reference tools for him. In addition to being my doctor he is also a friend and I have discussed this with him. He said he chose Android because it gets the job done and he can't stand using am iPhone...
Yeah, that would really do a lot of good in communist Chinese courts against a Chinese company with many former communist party leaders now working as executives in the company. China and the other Asian countries are  big enough that this company doesn't need to try and sell in the U.S. or Europe where Apple might be able to file a suit. As long as they sell in China, Vietnam, Thailand, and several other countries over there there is not a whole lot Apple can do about it. 
How exactly is surfing the web on your phone being more productive? Don't get me wrong I think Apple hardware and iOS are superior to to Android choices with the exception of the display size which will be rectified in a  few months, but I think it is silly to assign any sort of superiority over mostly time wasting web browsing on your phone. My doctor uses an Android phone and mostly uses medical apps not web surfing and I think that is a far more productive use of his...
Anyone else long for the old days of using iTunes where you knew where every function was and it was fast and easy to navigate? It is becoming far too big and bloated now and I think Apple could do a far better job with the GUI navigation for all the functions. I understand the need for all the new stuff since in addition to music it now has to also manage videos as well as serve as a sync/backup app for your iOS devices. I just wonder if there isn't a better way to do...
I use the web less and less on my phone. I have an app for pretty much everything. For news, plenty of news apps, for movies-IMDB, restaurants-several apps. I use music apps, check in on games to do various tasks, and use a wide variety of apps but really not the web itself through safari very much at all. I doubt I am alone. I have an iPhone 5s by the way. Is surfing the web really a good indicator of smartphone usage now with so many dedicated apps that might not get...
If Apple goes to 32/64/128 then a 16GB version of the 6c would be the free model with a 2 year contract. If they stick with 16/32/64 and add a 128 premium edition then perhaps an 8GB model would be the free version. No reason for Apple to continue trotting out models released 2 years ago once they decided to make the 5c. They can simply recycle the flagship models older tech from the previous year in a current year cheaper "C" model. I am done with this discussion. Only...
LOL, how did you know? Notifications from these apps are the only other issue. You have to remember to turn them off and on again. Nice straw man. You surmised that team based games comprised less than .01% of iOS users. I asked you to go to the app store top 50 apps and you will see over a dozen team based games on that chart. That is not me pulling a number out of thin air like you that is raw data from Apple directly. Of course these games have chat included but...
So do I. I never once said the 5c would be continued "as is". It will be reincarnated as the 6c along with Touch ID, the faster CPU that the 5s provides and also as a 4" device for the luddite ne'er-do-well's who insist on remaining stuck in the past and demand a 4" screen. The rest of us will cruise along happily with our 4.7" iPhone 6 and wait for those holdouts to realize what a huge mistake they made by sticking with that 4" nonsense. Apple will likely want all new iOS...
Wow are you out of touch with iOS users. Take a look at the top charts on the app store. The #1 freemium is clash of clans which is a team based game that requires a chat app like Palringo. Well not requires but it sure makes things much easier.  It might not be the majority of users but I can damn sure guarantee you the percentage of people playing games or even other apps that would benefit from a chat type app is a hell of a lot higher than .01%. 
How will that hide apps like grindr, tindr, adult friend finder, POF, kik, and so many others. You need to physically be able to hide the apps themselves from snooping eyes.