or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Who peed in your wheaties? Calm down and take a few deep breaths then you will notice that I clarified what I meant shortly below my first post. Then click this link because I think it might be of value. 
I should have said dual 12 core. 
Now that they finally have a truly new Mac Pro I expect we will likely start seeing upgrades far more often than in the past. It is likely an 8 or possibly even a 12 core version will appear. Looks like all those people that said no one uses a desktop Mac anymore were dead wrong if they can't even meet demand. I realize the MP sells in tiny numbers compared to a Macbook Air but still a good sign.
 I'm in Atlanta also but it is a huge city so your mileage may vary. I get LTE pretty consistently  all over metro Atlanta though on my 5s even at Stone mountain and Six Flag and even down to Henry county.  I work in Buckhead and also spend a lot of time in Lenox and midtown areas and live in Dunwoody. Atlanta seems to get great LTE with all the carriers and was also among the very first for all 4 carriers to have LTE so lots of options. All I can tell you is that my 5s...
It is pretty apparent from the comments that none so far at least understand how multi-mode base stations work. Sprint implemented multi-mode stations as a part of the network vision overhaul. It would be a very simple thing to include GSM along with CDMA, LTE, and even wimax on the same stations relatively easily and cheaply. That however is not the main issue. The bigger questions if this happened is the spectrum since they both operate on different bands though there is...
Samsung and HTC will have a lot more to worry about from this Amazon phone than Apple. I wonder if they are planning to try and sell it on all major carriers or perhaps even create an entire Amazon MVNO brand and just lease from the big 4 and sell actual pre-paid type plans. 
I have had very similar issues recently. I asked for an electronic cigarette store to buy some supplies and included my city name in the request and it found ones from other states! The store name was spelled "cellar" and Siri insisted on searching for "seller" so found no results locally. I repeated on google now with voice and it found the one I wanted right away and far quicker. I didn't know the full name but Google was smart enough to figure it out and Siri showed me...
I am surprised the estimate isn't even higher than that. Every single one of my Android owing friends (which is a wide majority of my friends) have said to me they like my iPhone and iOS but just can't stand the small screen. Even among my iPhone owning friends (with me included) have pretty much ran out of patience and have said that unless Apple releases a larger iPhone this year we would all likely switch to an Android. I think Apple severely underestimated the...
Yeah, great idea! We should carry 2 devices and pay for 2 plans when one larger iPhone would do the trick and is exactly what we are looking for. Look, it is like I tell people opposed to gay marriage. If you are opposed to it then don't marry a gay person of the same sex and your life will be the same. If you don't want a larger iPhone don't buy one but stop telling us it is not what we want or need or suggesting ridiculous compromises like carrying around an iPad or...
 If Apple continues to make a 4" in addition to a 4.7" and possibly a 5.5" inch as well don't we all win? Choice is a good thing and unlike Android with dozens if not hundreds of choices available if you want an iOS phone you can only pick from Apple alone. It is good that Apple might finally offer something for people wanting small, medium, and large. Goldilocks would be happy. Apple is too big now to ignore such huge segments of the market and abandon them to Samsung and...