or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I have no idea if Apple will buy Beats or not. My first reaction was shock since I just didn't see the value. But after a lot more info like Google paying around the same for nest and Facebook paying far more for Whatsapp it doesn't seem quite so crazy. I am confident that if Apple does buy Beats they will have done an enormous amount of due diligence and had rooms full of Mac Pro's running every possible scenario. It is true Beats headphones are mediocre Chinese off the...
 Good points and I mostly agree. I have been wondering the last few years when the iPod Touch would also offer a cellular data version like the iPad. Seems a natural progression to keep it relevant. I still think there is room or a 5.5" iPhone as well though. I imagine the iPod touch would remain at 4" as an entry level product. 4" for the iPod and "C" model iPhones which will offer a clear delineation between the iPhone with much larger displays. 
Nothing was great about him which is my point. 
They might have been pissed but they got over it. They kept using their perfectly good iPad 3's or decided to sell them and buy a newer model. Who says it will get updated? This is likely the EOL for the 4" at least as a premium model. Slap a plastic case on the 5s and boom...introducing the iPhone 6c. 
Even if Forstall was the genius you think he was (I am not sure I agree with that) he was by all accounts a complete ass that was despised by pretty much everyone else at Apple. How long do you think Apple could have prospered once his acrimonious style of leadership ran away all the senior management like Ive and many others that refused to work with him? Steve was also a bully at times but balanced that with charm, charisma, and a magnetism Forestall lacked. I don't...
 I understand that part about a personal DJ. personally I think Pandora sucks for brand new users who refuse to train it. It took me literally years and years of training with thumbs up and down and also logging on to the Pandora website and adding names of artists, albums, and songs I like but it paid off. I may cheat on Pandora from time to time with iTunes, iHeart, LastFM but almost always come back to Pandora in the end. I think Pandora is very accurate as long as you...
That may very well be true but I find it hard to believe Beats which is a marketing/gimmicky type company reliant on a celebrity managed to come up with a $3B algorithm that Apple and other companies couldn't create on their own or buy far cheaper elsewhere. I am not sure people are all that interested in new artists in any event. When I tune into music while I drive everyday from my iPhone I generally will just pick a station on Pandora and in the last week I have started...
LOL, Bose is the Beats for old people. Overpriced crap that relies on marketing not quality. Any and I mean any audiophile site will confirm that. Companies like Sennheiser make quality products and also have a lot of IP protecting that. It seems Beats only has design type patents which are useless as trends change. All they did was use cheap Chinese OEM phones and added some bass and a big marketing campaign.  Beats were also valued at only around $1B less than a year...
Best analysis on this potential buy I have read.   Apple Is Acquiring A Fad - Not Quality - And That Is Troubling
Even if all these things are true how did they come up with a $3.2B valuation? What were their recent profits? I have to at least trust that Tim et al.aren't stupid and know more than any of us commenting and if this turns out to be true they have a very good reason. From the outside looking in it doesn't appear to be a wise buy but we shall see. Beats has a high percentage of the headphone market even though the quality doesn't seem to match the price of their products...