or Connect

Posts by gwmac

That may very well be true but I find it hard to believe Beats which is a marketing/gimmicky type company reliant on a celebrity managed to come up with a $3B algorithm that Apple and other companies couldn't create on their own or buy far cheaper elsewhere. I am not sure people are all that interested in new artists in any event. When I tune into music while I drive everyday from my iPhone I generally will just pick a station on Pandora and in the last week I have started...
LOL, Bose is the Beats for old people. Overpriced crap that relies on marketing not quality. Any and I mean any audiophile site will confirm that. Companies like Sennheiser make quality products and also have a lot of IP protecting that. It seems Beats only has design type patents which are useless as trends change. All they did was use cheap Chinese OEM phones and added some bass and a big marketing campaign.  Beats were also valued at only around $1B less than a year...
Best analysis on this potential buy I have read.   Apple Is Acquiring A Fad - Not Quality - And That Is Troubling
Even if all these things are true how did they come up with a $3.2B valuation? What were their recent profits? I have to at least trust that Tim et al.aren't stupid and know more than any of us commenting and if this turns out to be true they have a very good reason. From the outside looking in it doesn't appear to be a wise buy but we shall see. Beats has a high percentage of the headphone market even though the quality doesn't seem to match the price of their products...
Why?   Beats make over priced mediocre headphones and a music service few use. $3.2B???    I can think of several companies I wish Apple would  buy like Broadcom, Netflix, or Nintendo then close their hardware and move all game titles to iOS and OS X. I really hope this rumor is bogus. 
 Apple bet the farm on the iPhone. Steve Jobs was willing to gamble the entire company on the success or failure of the iPhone. People quickly forget that Apple wasn't the behemoth it is now back then. It was a doing okay thanks to the iPod but was hardly in any position to dictate anything.  Sony-Ericsson could have taken the same risk that Apple did but they chose not to. The rest is history
Glad you have come around DED. I remember debating this with you a few years back on your RD blog in comments and you were absolutely adamant that 3.5" was the perfect size. This was around the time of the iPhone 3 to 4s timeframe when you still had Microsoft in your sights. I miss those articles where you blasted Microsoft and Windows before Google became the focus of your attention.  Times change and so do consumer tastes. When the first iPhone came out it did seem large...
The war on hackers is no different than the war on drugs. You find one tunnel and bury it and they build new ones or start using boats and planes to cross the border. Apple does a decent job with security even if they do tend to take their sweet time sometimes with patches. All any company can ever do is to try and make it as difficult as possible for hackers and be far more difficult to hack than the competition. Like the old expression goes you don't need to outrun a...
 Fire him
 Whatever the origin it is pretty offensive. I am not even a PC (as in politically correct) sort of person by any means but when you watch episodes on Southpark about gingers and Daniel Tosh for example you get the feeling all the racists/bigots who used to like to talk about other minorities and groups that can no longer safely get away with it now focus on red heads as a safe target. Growing up you get pretty sick and tired of hearing kids in elementary school say things...