or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I agree with everything you said and would also add that a phone you buy today will likely be used around 2 or possibly more years. Even today 16GB is really too small for much of anything but imagine the resource demand and app sizes 2 years from now using trends for last 2 years. App sizes are indeed growing exponentially. 
Any reason why the RF360 could not be made to work with the A8 in an iPhone 6? Found this about the iPhone 5 "Right next to the Qualcomm MDM9615M is the Qualcomm RTR8600 multi-band/mode RF transceiver. The RTR8600 is paired alongside the MDM9615 to support various bands, including 5 UMTS bands, and over 5 LTE and 4 EDGE bands." What would be so hard or different about getting RF360 support in an iPhone versus all the other Qualcomm baseband chips Apple has been using in...
Did a little more research on the Qualcomm RF360 and it appears to be ready for mass production now. I will be very surprised if this is not what Apple uses for the iPhone 6. This would be the holy grail.   From Qualcomm. The WTR1625L, a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., is the first in the industry to support carrier aggregation with a significant expansion in the number of active RF bands. The WTR1625L can accommodate all cellular modes and 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE...
 If you happen to use Facebook for forum log in on other sites for some reason it will log you off of your account here and log you in with your Facebook account if you ever created one. The post are then posted as "undefined" Not sure if it is a glitch with safari, Facebook, or AI. But for some reason it always logs me off this account and tries to sign me in on Facebook if I visit a site where I actually use FB to log in for comments and come back. 
What is the status on the Qualcomm RF360? If that chip is finalized for the iPhone 6 it would be very beneficial to Apple. One chip that can handle pretty much all bands on GSM, CDMA, and LTE. It would work on pretty much every carrier in the world. I wonder how far they are from production.   http://www.qualcomm.com/chipsets/gobi/rf-solutions/qualcomm-rf360-front-end
I don't think Apple expects a 5.5" to be their lead seller but it is nice to have it as an option for people that want it. Better to allow them to buy an Apple product than be forced to go with a Samsung Note. I can see a lot of people that could really use a Phablet. Doctors for example with nice big pockets that do not want to carry an iPad mini because it is just too big. My doctor uses a Note 3 for this very reason even though he loves and prefers Apple. Realtors,...
There were recent rumors from other sites that the sapphire glass for the display, which is extremely strong and also scratch resistant,  could be used with an ordinary pencil as a stylus. Now that would be cool to be able to use a pencil to draw or write on your iPhone. You wouldn't have to worry about losing an expensive stylus, simply grab any pencil lying around. That could be a real game changer.    I wonder if the iPhone 6 will have a lot more surprises than just a...
So don't buy it. Problem solved.  I don't own nor have I ever even seen or used an Amazon tablet up close but from what I understand the people that own them seem fairly content. I think Amazon could steal a lot of sales from Samsung and HTC for people that insist on Android and since Amazon is not true Android that forking is a good thing for Apple. Amazon is interesting because they hope to control their app store and also make money off of content and apps like Apple. I...
 You are exactly right and I have mentioned the same thing many times here as well. Apple have a lot of very smart people and they realize even with the current iPhone if you spend more than a few seconds doing a task chances are you will switch to 2 hand mode because it is more comfortable and the index finger is more precise. One handed use is no longer the "end all be all" it once was. Since people spend a lot more time looking at the display than they did years ago...
The closer we get to the release date the less likely it appears that Apple will continue with a 4" display. Yes, they will likely keep the "C" version of the iPhone as a 4" model but it will use last years parts and be sold as the cheaper low-end option. I just don't see Apple continuing to produce a high-end current model iPhone at 4" since the demand will likely die down once a larger version is released. The larger iPhone(s) will be associated with the newest specs and...