or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I think it is very likely the current innards of the 5s will be put in a new plastic case and called a 6c. I think Apple will likely try and move away from selling models with different numbers which causes confusion. It is likely all phones this year will be called iPhone 6 with a few perhaps having a C or another moniker like Pro, or Air, or something else entirely after it. In 2015 Apple may decide to continue the S tradition or completely do away with numbers just like...
I was thinking the same thing. I am guessing it is a cost issue at the moment. But that will be a great feature for the iPhone 7 hopefully. 
I for one hope the power/sleep button moves from the top to the right side. I actually preferred the headphone port on the top like my old 4S also. Having the headphone port on bottom makes it more awkward for many use scenarios especially in my car with auxiliary. I wish that would go back to the top then move the power button to the right which currently is unused space. While they are at it the volume buttons are pretty hard to access in a case. I wouldn't mind slightly...
I am extremely curious to see a breakdown of the percentage of time a typical iPhone user uses it with 1 hand vs. 2 hands. Whenever I see people using their phones whether it is an iPhone, Galaxy, or anything else more than just a few seconds they nearly always rest the phone in one hand and use the far more precise index fingers of the other hand to operate the display. Most of the apps I use either look better in landscape mode or in many cases ONLY work in landscape...
God I hope so. It might be perfect for human hands but not for human eyes for most of us. Bring on the 4.7" or larger that so many of us have been waiting for very patiently. 
Showing the athlete checking his heart rate with an iPhone was a subtle dig at Samsung and the new S5 because that was one of their touted features over their S4. From what I have read the apps for the iPhone get exactly the same results as the built in feature on the S5. 
Nearly all the television I watch is DVR'ed. I usually will skip most commercials but sometimes they play while I check something on my iPad. Commercials that have a song I like I tend to purposefully not skip in the future just to hear it again. I realize Microsoft is failing miserably with most of their ads and certainly with sales of their devices but that one with "I just want to see you be brave" is at least one I will not skip because I like the song. Samsung's very...
I don't get their rational either. I think the biggest difference between an iPhone an iPad is not so much the display size as it is the type of device they have. By that I mean the percentage of people with wifi only type iPads is way ahead of iPads that include LTE for data. A wifi iPad won't do you much good unless you have wifi which is not always the case if you carry it with you. Another factor is also data plans. On an iPhone phone plan you can get unlimited calls,...
Apple is also acutely aware that over half of Americans over 20 have poor vision. Once you go up to over 30, over 40, the percentages get far higher than 50%. Zoom on the current iPhone is not a good solution. It is annoying and makes you feel like half your display is missing. A larger display would appeal to anyone with less than perfect vision which is a majority of people over 30 years old. This reason alone likely trumps them all. 
If the rumors are true that Apple would let you use any ordinary pencil as a stylus I can see these appeal to a lot of people who need the accuracy and precision that a stylus would offer. Apparently a pencil would not leave any marks or scratches on the screen. And unlike stylus that you have to keep with you or are sometime hard or expensive to replace you can always get a new pencil. I am sure some people will buy a 5.5" in place of an iPad but Apple wouldn't mind that...