or Connect

Posts by gwmac

The war on hackers is no different than the war on drugs. You find one tunnel and bury it and they build new ones or start using boats and planes to cross the border. Apple does a decent job with security even if they do tend to take their sweet time sometimes with patches. All any company can ever do is to try and make it as difficult as possible for hackers and be far more difficult to hack than the competition. Like the old expression goes you don't need to outrun a...
 Fire him
 Whatever the origin it is pretty offensive. I am not even a PC (as in politically correct) sort of person by any means but when you watch episodes on Southpark about gingers and Daniel Tosh for example you get the feeling all the racists/bigots who used to like to talk about other minorities and groups that can no longer safely get away with it now focus on red heads as a safe target. Growing up you get pretty sick and tired of hearing kids in elementary school say things...
Flirting with $600 again today. Currently near $598
Apple needs to do more staggered releases throughout the year with a new introduction of a product every quarter if possible. Far too many times recently many new products are released at once and then most of the rest of the year nothing. If Apple releases multiple iPhone sizes for example the 5.5" might have more impact around April which is the time Samsung tends to release their new Galaxy. Fall for the smaller and Spring for the larger one would keep the excitement...
Thanks Marvin. I suppose I just have my old mentality from years and years of buying and using the dual CPU Mac Pro's. My current one is still serving me well so I will not be in the market for the new type Mac Pro for another year or two. I tend to buy the next to fastest one as this tends to give me the best bang for the buck since I hold on to them for so long. I don't game as much on my Mac Pro as I used to so video cards that can't be upgraded easily or cheaply like...
 Who peed in your wheaties? Calm down and take a few deep breaths then you will notice that I clarified what I meant shortly below my first post. Then click this link because I think it might be of value. 
I should have said dual 12 core. 
Now that they finally have a truly new Mac Pro I expect we will likely start seeing upgrades far more often than in the past. It is likely an 8 or possibly even a 12 core version will appear. Looks like all those people that said no one uses a desktop Mac anymore were dead wrong if they can't even meet demand. I realize the MP sells in tiny numbers compared to a Macbook Air but still a good sign.
 I'm in Atlanta also but it is a huge city so your mileage may vary. I get LTE pretty consistently  all over metro Atlanta though on my 5s even at Stone mountain and Six Flag and even down to Henry county.  I work in Buckhead and also spend a lot of time in Lenox and midtown areas and live in Dunwoody. Atlanta seems to get great LTE with all the carriers and was also among the very first for all 4 carriers to have LTE so lots of options. All I can tell you is that my 5s...