or Connect

Posts by gwmac

As a person that owns a current generation iPhone 5s as opposed to a 1st generation iPhone that is little more than a really old iPod stuck on iOS 3 I agree that a larger iPhones is needed and will be extremely popular. People that cannot afford a 5s or even 5c are not the target market for the iPhone in any case and they won't be the market for a larger iPhone 6.  Apple are not stupid and realize people like me decide to buy an iPhone because we love the hardware, iOS,...
I understand what you are saying but I disagree that Apple has not been innovative. They have introduced far more than simply lighter and faster. But I also understand what you are talking about. You seem to suggest that they need some entirely new product categories or something along the lines of adding apps to the Apple TV. You are looking for a new knockout punch type of product or feature. The thing about those type of products is they can take many years to develop...
I wonder if a move to metal might also be the end of removable batteries and SD cards.. Those are often cited as 2 major advantages over the HTC devices as well as iPhone. (at least by current Samsung owners) I doubt Samsung will include an iris scanner. Imagine the trouble people that wear glasses might have not to even mention sunglasses. It might also have trouble in the dark. Even if it works and they overcome those obstacles it simply is not nearly as convenient as...
Maybe in Indiana but cell phones aren't banned anywhere here that I know of. I think this company knows a lot more about their potential market than you. 
Not an iPhone story but I figured many would get a good laugh that Samsung's so called secure Knox software was compromised.    http://www.phonedog.com/2013/12/24/samsung-knox-security-software-reportedly-suffering-from-hole-that-could-allow-interception-of-data/
Another consideration is also to use your upgrade date to get a subsidy as soon as you possibly can. The reason for that is every day you don’t use your subsidy you are basically paying your carrier extra money without the benefit of a new phone. As soon as you get a new phone your upgrade counter rolls over which means only 20 months in my case until my next upgrade credit. So that also probably figured in his decision. Some people don’t have an iPhone 5s and apparently...
 Such anger and emotion over something that doesn’t effect you in the least. The apps that I use on Cydia are either free or paid just like the Apple app store. So the developers on Cydia get paid just like they do on the official store. What evidence do you have to suggest most people that JB are using pirated apps? If these apps or functions that they enable were available on a stock iPhone or in the app store then I would see no need to JB. But I like the added control...
Your views are equally as baffling to those of us that want a larger display. One handed use to me is of zero importance when I am playing games, surfing the web, and using most apps.Even with my iPhone 5s I tend to hold it in landscape mode and not portrait for almost everything with the exception of voice calls, Siri, and a few more. Texting may be 90% of your use of an iPhone but that is not in any way close to my usage pattern.
There is probably a lot less need for jailbreaking with iOS 7 vs. earlier versions now that some of the most popular features available only to JB have been added to iOS. We also have to wait until many of the Cydia apps are updated to work with iOS 7/ It seems this JB release really caught them off guard. Before my iPhone 5s I had a 4S and jailbroke it on iOS 5  and feel like it added a lot of extra value and functionality to my device. I tried it again on iOS 6 but had...
The iPhone is a better phone than the Galaxy without resorting to hyperbole or outright lies. The S4 can easily fit in pretty much all but the tightest and smallest of front pockets. Even the Note 3 which is about the same size as the Note 2 can be carried in the front pocket.  One tactic often used here on AI I have noticed is to try and discredit anyone that wants a larger iPhone by immediately suggesting larger means Note 3 size or the even more ridiculous trolls that...