or Connect

Posts by gwmac

$100 a month? Maybe you are. I pay $50 a month with Sprint for unlimited data on my 5s and my plan is not even the cheapest for unlimited. Sprint now has $45 a month unlimited plans. And yes I mean truly unlimited LTE which means no soft caps and no throttling. I used around 25GB last month for example because I went on vacation and watched a lot of HBOgo and Netflix. There are plans with many carriers for $45 a month and possibly lower. Not to mention that GPS on my...
Most in Europe are 20 or 21%. It would work out to $463 without VAT. I personally wouldn't value an 8GB iPhone 5c at that price when you can get a 5s which is a far better phone with double the memory for $494 off contract here or even a iPhone 5c 16GB (also double the memory) off contract for $359 in the U.S.
The biggest ripoff in terms of inflating car costs are dealerships.Have you evel looked at the dealer added costs on a car? I read that dealers actually add anywhere from 10 to 30% to the cost and for what?  It is unfortunate that we can't simply log on to a manufacturer website, customize the car to our liking and buy it from them directly. I think the only company that currently allows this is Tesla. New jersey actually just passed a law I believe to prevent Tesla from...
 I see your point. Apple can't do much about the European VAT which ranges from around 20% to even 25% depending on the country. We in the U.S.A. often forget the actual price of the phones we buy because of subsidies. Most people pay around $200 for a new phone but would balk at paying the true price of $650. Granted we actually do pay the real price of the phone with our monthly phone bills but that seems to lessen the shock. The price of smartphones today really aren't...
 I certainly can but not so sure about you. Where did I say it had anything to do with resolution? I was simply pointing out that Google is very loose with these terms and charts  and do not give a specific breakdown for example 45% are using 4.5", 38.2% 4", etc.. I have an iPhone 5s. My family and friends have mostly Android phones, a few Galaxy S3 and 4's, and even a few HTC One's. I have been able to hold and use their phones for short periods of time and also did the...
 To me it looks a lot closer to 4.8" to 5" than 4.5". And even if you are correct about 4.5" what if 90% of them have 4.5" which is still larger than the iPhone 5s. I think we can agree the chart is hard to actually get a clear picture with the overlap. We will find out who was right in the not so distant future. I honestly just can't imagine too many people choosing a 4" over a 4.7" iPhone 6. display size. Apple did their best to convince me 4" was the perfect size and...
 6 months ago I agreed with you but now I am more convinced that the 4" will only remain as the C type iPhone. The iPhone 6c will basically be the 5s in plastic will remain as 4" but I think the iPhone 6 will be offered only in larger size(s). There has not been one single leak about a new 4" design which is sort of strange. Not only that but Apple has no problem completing switching gears and letting go of a past design. Look at the transformation from the iPod nano 5th,...
 Just saw the pict you added. What does that even mean? What is considered normal? What is large? what is small? I found this on Google developer. xlarge screens are at least 960dp x 720dp. large screens are at least 640dp x 480dp. normal screens are at least 470dp x 320dp. small screens are at least 426dp x 320dp. (Android does not currently support screens smaller than this.)I also found this: In your chart normal...
 Of course  a smaller percentage of Android users use larger screens since these phones tend to be far more expensive. In fact they are priced around the same as the iPhone. Most cellphone users in the world live in dirt poor countries and can only afford to buy dirt cheap sub $200 phones which tend to be smaller and in many cases run older versions of Android. Once there are larger phones under $200 I can promise you all those people will buy them over their smaller ones....
 I hear this a lot on this forum. People think if Apple releases a 4" and a larger phone that the 4" would be the bigger seller. What I want to know is what do you base this on? In every online poll I have seen in the last two years the larger sizes were an overwhelming majority. And in polls asking between a 4.7" and 5.5" the larger one was winning in all the polls I saw. People that want to keep 4" were only around 10% to the highest I saw at 28%. Many of these polls...