or Connect

Posts by gwmac

On the CPU I agree. Apple offers a lower clocked but far more efficient CPU. But we are talking about storage. How exactly can you justify Apple sticking with the exact same storage especially now that the camera and video needs far more storage than than the iPhone 3's camera? Are you suggesting Apple never upgrade their storage and if that is not your position then when should they? 2016, 2018? 
You were right in an earlier post. Apple works in 2 year cycles. At least they have since the iPhone 3. Unless the iPhone 6 introduces some radical new display technology never before seen on any other device, that will prove the technology was available earlier. Was it available in large enough quantity last year? Who knows.. Apple touted one handed use as as a paradigm that no longer seems very important to most people or indeed app developers. Take a look at most of the...
If the iPhone 6 in addition to including a larger display improves upon battery life to a noticeable degree, includes an A8 and doubles storage to 32/64/128 it will be touted as the most revolutionary iPhone since the very first one. Pretty much all of that is likely with the exception of more storage. I haven't heard any rumors concerning whether they will stick with 16/32/64 or double that. Now that Android phones are beginning to offer  64GB and also allow an additional...
Most people didn't spend hours staring at the display of their Motorola Razr which is why smaller was a good thing back then.  People now spend a lot of time staring at the screen on smartphones which is why bigger is a good thing now. 
I have a 5s I bought with subsidy that I was able to unlock very easily with a phone call to Sprint. I also unlocked my 4s and sold it on Ebay as unlocked to a guy in UAE for $370 even though I paid $199 for it. But I take your point about the changing subsidy models. Sprint Framily plans for example require you to pay full price but also allow you to pay in installments over 24 months with 0% interest. Once it is paid off your monthly plan is reduced to just the plan...
Not really. It is the same 5 or 10 people that are just prolific posters and every single story about a new larger iPhone they chime in talking about their desire for another 3.5" or to keep a 4". I wonder how many people really would prefer a 4" iPhone to a 4.7" when they are side by side. Probably not that many especially since it likely will not be much larger in the actual dimensions to a 4".  In survey after survey of iPhone owners larger sizes are preferred. Apple...
I guess you have never heard of preorders. You do realize pre-orders for the 5s and 5c were counted for the month of their release as well right? I pre-ordered my gold 5s within minutes of being able to on the very first night but did nor receive my gold 5s for close to 7 weeks later. I was certainly charged for it as soon as I placed my order though. I paid for a phone that I did not receive for nearly 2 months. The only consolation is that my upgrade date started on the...
The Galaxy S4 is a a much older phone than the 5s. Wasn't it released around April last year? For all the people here that continue to say large display phones don't sell in any significant quantity, the chart above seems to disagree with you. In fact nearly all the 2nd and 3rd place spots are large display phones. Once the Galaxy S5 is released soon it could move the iPhone 5s to 2nd place. The only way Apple has any hope of ever maintaining 1st place throughout the year...
I think the two really appealing features to me are voice search (if it works well) and also the game style controller. Even if you don't game at all these controller are far easier to zoom through Netflix if you are sitting in the dark while watching a movie like I tend to do. I absolutely love my PS4 controller remote for controlling video content.  It will also probably appeal to a lot of people who enjoy an occasional game but are not dedicated gamers by any means....
I can't believe one person actually equated phone web browser usage with using a smartphone as a "smart" device. It is simply one of literally millions of choices available to a smartphone user regardless of platform. All this research simply says is that is you want to read news it may be easier to use a dedicated news app than open safari and the same applies with thousands of other apps that get the info to you faster and better than Safari. Why would this surprise...