or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Apple wants to move to all 64-bit ASAP so regardless of the size of the displays I expect an all 64-bit line up this year.    Change is inevitable and some will embrace it and others will be dragged along kicking and screaming. You may be against a larger iPhone but you have to be blind if you think Apple will not introduce a larger display this year. The margins will likely be better on this phone as well since they will likely charge $100 more for it but the cost to...
 I agree that the subsidized low end model of the iPhone 6 will likely remain $199. Apple would likely price the 4.8" model around $100 higher but I would love for you to be right and it be priced only $50 more. Your 3rd prediction is puzzling though. Why would they continue the 5c? You can already get it for free on some carriers or close to it. The 5c will very likely be discontinued and replaced with a 6c that is basically the internals of the current 5s in plastic....
You are absolutely right. I would love to see statistics for call usage vs. looking at the display usage for the current iPhone. I would wager most people spend far more time looking at the display than holding it to their ear. I would even love to see some statistics for one handed vs. two handed use for the current 4" iPhone. I tend to prop the phone in the palm of my left hand then use my right hand for touching the display and home button since that is more comfortable...
It is extremely likely the 5s will become the 6c later this year. They will very likely continue making another iteration of a new  4" model as well and at most might increase that to 4.3" if they could keep the entire size of the phone around the same size. This will be the phone for people that feel one handed use is paramount and essential. It makes very little sense for Apple to abandon the very successful small display market where they dominate.    A lot of other...
Given that the Mini doesn't include a display and the CPU in the mini is updated far more frequently by Intel than the Xeon line, it is surprising Apple took this long to issue an update. With all the backlash against Windows 8 and HP even going so far as to bring back Windows 7 as an option citing "back by popular demand" the Mini is the perfect gateway computer to give disgruntled Windows 8 users a reason to check out OS X. Many of these unhappy Windows 8 users may...
What other company do you know where the stock will fall $14 on good news. Apple should be trading above $600 easily.
Although I agree with you that it is very unlikely that Apple would release an iPhone over 5" I disagree that a larger phone "gets too far away from being useful and purposeful" People talk about the importance of one handed operation but how many iPhone owners actually use two hands as much if not more as one handed operation when you are doing tasks that requires more than a quick glance. Years ago during  the number of portrait only mode apps outnumbered ones capable of...
 As a person that owns a current generation iPhone 5s as opposed to a 1st generation iPhone that is little more than a really old iPod stuck on iOS 3 I agree that a larger iPhones is needed and will be extremely popular. People that cannot afford a 5s or even 5c are not the target market for the iPhone in any case and they won't be the market for a larger iPhone 6.  Apple are not stupid and realize people like me decide to buy an iPhone because we love the hardware, iOS,...
I understand what you are saying but I disagree that Apple has not been innovative. They have introduced far more than simply lighter and faster. But I also understand what you are talking about. You seem to suggest that they need some entirely new product categories or something along the lines of adding apps to the Apple TV. You are looking for a new knockout punch type of product or feature. The thing about those type of products is they can take many years to develop...
I wonder if a move to metal might also be the end of removable batteries and SD cards.. Those are often cited as 2 major advantages over the HTC devices as well as iPhone. (at least by current Samsung owners) I doubt Samsung will include an iris scanner. Imagine the trouble people that wear glasses might have not to even mention sunglasses. It might also have trouble in the dark. Even if it works and they overcome those obstacles it simply is not nearly as convenient as...