or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I don't think Apple expects a 5.5" to be their lead seller but it is nice to have it as an option for people that want it. Better to allow them to buy an Apple product than be forced to go with a Samsung Note. I can see a lot of people that could really use a Phablet. Doctors for example with nice big pockets that do not want to carry an iPad mini because it is just too big. My doctor uses a Note 3 for this very reason even though he loves and prefers Apple. Realtors,...
There were recent rumors from other sites that the sapphire glass for the display, which is extremely strong and also scratch resistant,  could be used with an ordinary pencil as a stylus. Now that would be cool to be able to use a pencil to draw or write on your iPhone. You wouldn't have to worry about losing an expensive stylus, simply grab any pencil lying around. That could be a real game changer.    I wonder if the iPhone 6 will have a lot more surprises than just a...
So don't buy it. Problem solved.  I don't own nor have I ever even seen or used an Amazon tablet up close but from what I understand the people that own them seem fairly content. I think Amazon could steal a lot of sales from Samsung and HTC for people that insist on Android and since Amazon is not true Android that forking is a good thing for Apple. Amazon is interesting because they hope to control their app store and also make money off of content and apps like Apple. I...
 You are exactly right and I have mentioned the same thing many times here as well. Apple have a lot of very smart people and they realize even with the current iPhone if you spend more than a few seconds doing a task chances are you will switch to 2 hand mode because it is more comfortable and the index finger is more precise. One handed use is no longer the "end all be all" it once was. Since people spend a lot more time looking at the display than they did years ago...
The closer we get to the release date the less likely it appears that Apple will continue with a 4" display. Yes, they will likely keep the "C" version of the iPhone as a 4" model but it will use last years parts and be sold as the cheaper low-end option. I just don't see Apple continuing to produce a high-end current model iPhone at 4" since the demand will likely die down once a larger version is released. The larger iPhone(s) will be associated with the newest specs and...
Yeah and I never said otherwise. You were the one that brought in the argument saying Apple doesn't go to war on specs. Apple will make improvements as they always do based on the needs of Apple customers and any technical or price hurdles. I have a 64GB iPhone and I am not even a heavy user of photos or videos and my iPhone is nearly full. After 7 years I think it is about time Apple introduced a 128GB option. 
And I am sure you were not alone but guess what, that RAZR you spent hours looking at also had one of the largest screen at the time. It was considered small due to how thin it was but when it came to dumb phones the display size was not small. If you really wanted small you would have chosen the Sony T616. Your RAZR was a phbalet compared the the Sony. 
 On the CPU I agree. Apple offers a lower clocked but far more efficient CPU. But we are talking about storage. How exactly can you justify Apple sticking with the exact same storage especially now that the camera and video needs far more storage than than the iPhone 3's camera? Are you suggesting Apple never upgrade their storage and if that is not your position then when should they? 2016, 2018? 
You were right in an earlier post. Apple works in 2 year cycles. At least they have since the iPhone 3. Unless the iPhone 6 introduces some radical new display technology never before seen on any other device, that will prove the technology was available earlier. Was it available in large enough quantity last year? Who knows.. Apple touted one handed use as as a paradigm that no longer seems very important to most people or indeed app developers. Take a look at most of the...
If the iPhone 6 in addition to including a larger display improves upon battery life to a noticeable degree, includes an A8 and doubles storage to 32/64/128 it will be touted as the most revolutionary iPhone since the very first one. Pretty much all of that is likely with the exception of more storage. I haven't heard any rumors concerning whether they will stick with 16/32/64 or double that. Now that Android phones are beginning to offer  64GB and also allow an additional...