or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Of course sales on a larger iPhone 6 will blow away any previous iPhone sales. Not only is their huge pent-up demand by existing iPhone owners but many people with larger Android devices would prefer an iPhone if it had a larger display.  I used to think Apple would simply keep the 4" model and add a larger one around 4.9" but both would be the iPhone 6. Now I am no longer sure Apple will even continue with a 4" at all, at least on their premium line with all the new bells...
Money doesn't buy brains. Regardless of the type of phone you use you should have a backup. It could get lost, stolen, or suffer damage.
Except he isn't trying to take credit for that. The article even stated Steve said he didn't need that drawing since they had their own. Since you failed to grasp that point it means the iPhone was well into development by then. He was simply sharing a story on how Softbank got exclusivity in Japan by guessing that Apple would make a phone and his guess impressed Steve. Very believable and no attempt to take any credit.  That ¡ that you use on nearly every post should...
Exactly. I said very much the same thing with less finesse and not as much detail. It is moronic for anyone purporting to be pro-Apple to say a huge drop in share price would be good for either Apple or individual investors. Finaciers, fund managers, analysts, etc.. will always make their money whether through fees for management, short sell or options. It is the little guy that always get shafted when stocks in a company like Apple plunges. 
I definitely should have followed my own advice before I ever bothered responding to you. Let your post stand but you were arguing with the wrong person about views I never held and also made many false assumptions about my retirement portfolio instead of simply asking. Nice deflecting instead of answering my previous post. 
You took that completely out of context since it was a reply. It was not meant to be taken out of context without the original quote which was "Good. Then Apple can buy up all the stock and keep these imbeciles away from their money. " And I stand by the fact that a meteoric drop in AAPL would hurt common people more than Wall Street financier types. Do you disagree with that? They have massive computers and algorithms to buy or sell in a millisecond that home investors do...
It was more luck and being a novice than anything else. I had only opened an Ameritrade account just over a year before I bought my first AAPL shares and really didn't know any better. Just glad I didn't sell as  my "expert" friends advised at the time. I also sold most at $700 and ended up buying even more shares when it dropped to around $520. Now that was a little shortsighted because I should have waited till below $500 but panic hit me since there was an upswing. It...
My point is that he was arguing with me even though I basically agreed with him. The person he should have been arguing with was the original comment by TallestSkil . None of his advice was in the least bit even relevant to me since I am diversified he simply made some very erroneous assumptions instead of asking me, "Hey, do you own other stocks or investments besides Apple". 
No one knows what Apple is thinking except for Apple. All we can do is speculate. The long rumored xMac that would have offered something between the Mac Pro and iMac more affordable is likely an area Apple didn't want to risk cannibalizing sales. But in this case an iPhone is a more expensive product than an iPad so less of an issue. 
Can you read? Who and what are you even arguing. I wasn't blaming analysts or manipulators. You should be arguing with Tallest Skil not me since he was the one that said that. And again I never said Apple was my only stock and you would be the last person I would ever ask for any financial or indeed any advice on anything since you seem to have a rage problem and also lack basic reading comprehension skills. I own stocks in over 50 companies and have many other investments...