or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I just went back on app store and now price is showing as free. But boy is loading slowly. Their servers are getting pounded. 
Hey, send me one of those unused Mac Pro keyboards because mine certainly got used.  It was cheaper than I thought. With the dual GPU configuration I was expecting a $3299 starting point. Those are very expensive GPU's. I just wish they would offer a model with a standard (read far cheaper) desktop class GPU which would have allowed for an entry model a tad more affordable to home buyers that just don't want an iMac for a variety of reasons. But I admit I want one of these...
Great keynote. I just received my gold 5S.  How do I go about getting the free iOS versions mentioned? If I go to the app store it shows a price. 
I received my gold 5s today. This was surprising since I got a call from Sprint on Monday apologizing for the long delay and telling me that it would likely ship around 3 to 4 weeks. Any other people here receiving the gold 5s and were told it would be several more weeks? Maybe Apple is starting to really ramp up supply to meet demand faster than anticipated. 
Get ready for a nice ride towards $640. People that sold or didn't buy in below $510 will soon learn to regret that.
Cellphone service is like politics, it is all local. That is why it pisses me off when people say an entire network sucks because they get poor coverage or slow data in their tiny neck of the woods.(not saying that about your post by the way)  Hell, even within a city or even neighborhood it can vary by a wide margin. Everyone has to do their homework and talk to people you know that live or work where you will use the phone most often and also use 3rd party coverage sites...
Also surprising was the customer satisfaction among the carriers. AT&T 1st, Sprint 2nd, T-Mobile 3rd, and Verizon in last place at 4th. Verizon commercials love to tell us all how great their network is but it seems their actual customers disagree. I am loving unlimited LTE on Sprint. I am getting about 25/8 on average which is not half bad. Anything over 8 on a phone is actually overkill but still nice to have that speed. I can't imagine having to monitor my data usage...
I don't have a Windows computer  but do have several Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Is there a Apple Remote Desktop app to control OS X out for iOS? 
Cricket had their own towers and some roaming agreements with other carriers. But one thing is for sure, they will be owned by AT&T (if the deal gets approved) so not sure what changes AT&T will implement.  http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/12/4518706/what-does-at-ts-deal-to-buy-cricket-mean-to-you
AT&T just bought Leap Wireless a few weeks ago. Leap is the parent company of Cricket. They said at the time they would basically leave Cricket alone to run as an independent but allow them to share AT&T spectrum.