or Connect

Posts by gwmac

DED, you are absolutely correct that Yahoo Finance definitely has an an extremely anti-Apple agenda but I am surprised this article did not focus on that bald buffoon named Jeff Macke. He absolutely froths at the mouth whenever he talks about Apple which is fairly often. His favorite catchphrase is " Google and Samsung are eating Apple for lunch". The stuff you quote by Edwards is extremely mild compared to the things Macke constantly says about...
I don't know what generation my PS3 is, I bought it around 3 or 4 years after they first were released. But I have had it now for at least 5 years if not longer and have not had a single issue with it. Yes the updates are annoying at times especially when I am excited to watch a new episode of House of cards or Orange is the new Black on Neflix, but I don't ever remember waiting more than around 5 or 10 minutes for the update to complete. 
Wait...what? I read his review of the iPhone 5 display and he heaped praise on it. He wrote a shootout with the S4 and gave the iPhone a better grade on a number of tests and had very positive things to say about the iPhone display. That site seems to be very well done and I see no evidence of bias. So just because OLED has improved which is obvious to anyone that has actually seen a S5 display in person he is anti-Apple?  OLED's will far outlast the time for the useful...
I don't think Nintendo will be able to stay afloat too many more years at least not in their current form. They may be forced to do what Sega did and simply make games for the Xbox and Playstation and mobile devices. I think if Apple bought Nintendo and transition their vast library of games to iOS and possibly even to OS X that could be a very bold move. I used to be a big gamer on my computer and game console but I like iOS games that allow me to play it only for a...
Yep. OLED has come a long way so people that bring up all the old shortcomings from previous years are very misinformed.  http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S5_ShootOut_1.htm"Best Smartphone Display:  Based on our extensive Lab tests and measurements, the Galaxy S5 is the Best performing Smartphone display that we have ever tested. It has a long list of new records for best Smartphone display performance including: Highest Brightness, Lowest Reflectance, Highest Color...
Second only to my shares in Apple, my decision to buy shares in Universal Display which at the time I bought around $5 a share was the best decision I ever made with stock buys. They hold probably more OLED patents than any company in the world. They recently changed their stock symbol from PANL to OLED. All of the old complaints Apple had about OLED have pretty much been solved now so I can see Apple moving to OLED not only with the iWatch but also iPhone and iPad and...
My Apple ID is still a .Mac account but now I also have a .icloud as well which can get confusing at times. I am able to log in to various Apple services with either one and from what I understand they are somehow the same account. I wish I could just retire the .mac one and only have the iCloud one as my Apple ID. 
A few years ago Box offered 50GB for free so I signed up with 2  accounts so now have a total of 100GB of completely free storage. I also think Box has a better interface and is is more intuitive than Dropbox. You can't beat 100GB for free and so far it seems to be enough for my iOS needs. Any other Box users?
 I think they would likely include an adapter for free with an iPhone or iPod. This would be a really major change and including a free adapter would help mitigate the criticism. I doubt an adapter would cost very much since you are only carrying audio which is a lot less complicated than a video or data signal. Perhaps one other reason for this move is that Apple eventually wants to make a waterproof iPhone and the headphone jack is a hard one to protect from water. Since...
The best sounding headphones I ever owned was a gaming/voip type headset that included a mic. It connected to my Mac by USB. The sound was simply amazing. The headset itself was only around $50 but the sound it gave easily rivaled those $300 headsets to my ears. They were very large and heavy but also very comfortable for very extended use. Impractical to use outside of a home though. No reason why lightning would not also deliver that crisp and clean sound as well. I...