or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Thin and light might be important to other people but I just want an iPhone where I don't have to buy a battery case to use it all day long for a change. By around 4PM my iPhone's internal battery is drained and it switches to the battery case battery for power. In many cases I do not have an electrical source for a charger so had to get a battery case which adds a lot of bulk and weight. But I am actually used to it now and sort of prefer that heft as it is harder to...
When maps was first launched I think back then I was on my 4s. I was interested to test both Siri and Maps so just asked Siri to "Take me to McDonalds" as a test. There is one about 1.5 miles down the road from me with hardly any turns. For some reason the route maps used wanted me to drive past the McDonalds for another mile and and half, then turn around. The total trip was 4.3 miles instead of the 1.3 miles it should have been. I reported the problem way back then. I...
 Before we knew the size and people were still guessing, I was hoping for an iPhone 6 around 5". I still think that is the sweet spot but that ship has sailed. The 4.7" is closer to my dream size than the larger one but I will definitely have to think long and hard before I decide. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but all the shorts and jeans I have bought recently have larger pockets that can easily pocket a Note 3 and I would assume the 5.5" iPhone 6 as well....
The picture in the story is of him holding the 4.7" model. Look at the video where he picks up the 5.5" one, the camera never shows an angle or view close to that screenshot. I didn't need to make a cardboard cut out to figure that out either. It is pretty clear now that the 5.5" is real, will be released at the same time and not months later, and will be an iPhone and not and iPod as some have ludicrously posited. 
If the 5.5" will be sold as the premium phone, it makes sense they would need to add a few features that the cheaper 4.7" lacks lacks like a better camera and more storage. I really hope these mockups are inaccurate about those bezels though. I understand there is little you can shave off of the chin one because of the touchID without making it more oblong than circular, but the forehead could easily be shrunk just by putting all 3  components horizontally. It might be...
The actual device you use is becoming largely irrelevant. Does it really matter if you use an ATV, a Google device, A PS4, or Xbox, or Roku, or a dozen other options to watch Netflix or HBOGo? I have a PS3, a PS4, a Roku, and now a Google Chromecast spread over 4 TV's in my house and they all get the job done. My only requirement is that they can work with Plex well because I have over 1,000movies stored on a Mac, and can play Netflix and HBOGo. I have shied away from ATV...
I was just about to post the same observation. That does seem to be very big news indeed. ART is supposed to be over 2x as fast as Dalvik so all the old jibes about Android being slow may not longer apply. They also introduced some new graphics architecture that appears to be similar to Metal that Apple introduced to allow far more intense gaming. This could possibly be the biggest update to Android. 
 I think it is more data than you have which is to keep repeating a larger iPhone is unusable. Everyone knows all the crap you have been saying about larger iPhones so we will sure see who was right very soon once it goes on sale. So keep rocking with that antique 1st gen iPhone of yours which is less capable than even throw away $50 Android phones at this point and telling youngin's to get off your Mom's lawn since you live with her don't you? It must kill you to think...
I have been making that assertion for years here and certain members (usually ones with more than 2,000 posts) shouted me down and told me I was insane and a few other choice words. Nice to have actual data now to show how right I was.
Pretty much all apartments in Japan have balconies or terraces. I think the trend in NYC seems to be also moving more towards that as well recently. No matter how large your apartment may be, if you can't go outside onto a terrace you feel a bit claustrophobic. At least I do. My cousin moved to NYC a year ago for work  and he made sure he found a condo in Manhattan with a terrace. I understand what you mean about fans being useless on nights where the outside temperature...