or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Unless it is upgradeable whatever they put in the car will likely look like a dinosaur in a few years. I wonder if it would not be a better option to make those type of devices somehow upgradeable. Perhaps a module that can be removed and replaced once a newer one comes out. People keep their cars a lot longer than their phones. Imagine if your car system was powered by something like an iPhone 1st gen instead of a 5s. 
Then it is a good thing our economy is more diversified beyond wedding bakers and wedding photographers isn't it. Why is that the only example that people can come up with. Please explain how a hardware, pet, clothing, supermarket, and the thousands of other types of businesses would make that determination to not serve someone because they are gay. 
It wasn't long ago that gay people were arrested just for being gay in Texas.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas If anyone wants to understand why it is now time to allow gay marriage in all 50 states and you have Netflix, watch this film called Bridegroom which may give you a very different perspective on gay marriage and gay rights and why so much more remains to be done.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357788/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
 Exactly how will these businesses determine who is gay or not? I have yet to hear a clear answer to that. If you do not want to serve someone because of their race, their choice of clothing, or many other things you can assess that with your eyes but beyond wedding cake bakers or wedding photographers exactly how would the bigots know who to refuse their goods or services to if a customer is gay? Surely you realize that there are plenty of very effeminate heterosexual...
It seems the comments in this thread by people against gay rights or gay marriage can be boiled down to 1) Please be tolerant of my intolerance. 2) Gay rights have come a long way so be grateful for the progress and stop asking for more.   There is no war on religion, not now and not 200 years ago. Fox news would love you to believe there is but that is simply not true. If anything there is a knee jerk reaction where certain groups were given preferential treatment for a...
In Japan it is very common to see "Japanese Only Signs" With "No Gaijin Allowed" (Gaijin are foreigners) I also saw similar signs in Korea and China. This law reminded me of that.  Exclusionary practices based on physical characteristics or sexuality seems so 20th century now. But at the same time the fact that this law even made it to the governor's desk is scary. 
At least two scientific studies have demonstrated that men who have extremely intolerant views of homosexuality (hint: a few are here) tend to have larger erections (as measured by penile plethysmography) than other heterosexual men when viewing films of gay sex acts who are not overtly homophobic. This explains a lot. It makes sense that men who are not exactly sure or comfortable with being a heterosexual would lash out at gay people due to their own insecurity. When...
Isn't it the same size as the S4? I thought they kept the dimensions of the actual phone the same even though the display was slightly larger. In fact It is about the same size as the S3 isn't it? 
Waterproof and the wifi/LTE combo are the only 2 features that seem appealing. Overall meh...
DED, the most hateful and vitriolic Apple basher by any of them has to be that bald Yahoo idiot named Jeff Macke. You can almost see the froth coming from his mouth when he talks about Apple. You would almost swear he was talking about an ex-wife he now hates with a passion than a company. There has to be something going on with that guy because his hatred towards Apple is far too personal and irrational. I would not be surprised in the least to learn Macke is paid by...