or Connect

Posts by gwmac

How many of you think the green bubbles with white text will last with iOS 8? It is really annoying to me at least. So much harder to read than the black text in the bubbles before. Perhaps if it were a darker shade of green and blue it might be easier on the eyes but I am having a hard time getting used to it. I haven't jailbroken my phone since iOS 5 but might be tempted to again just to change  text message, the phone dialer, and a few other color choices I don't like...
 Actually it is the same device. I would also point out that just because you might get bad service in your neck of the woods means nothing to people in other parts of the country or even other parts of your very own town. I get great coverage from Sprint and also appreciate the fact that I get unlimited LTE data which I take full advantage of on a daily basis. I also take numerous trips around the country and never had a problem with Sprint service in my travels and that...
 It all depends on your zip code. Just use a Verizon friendly zip code. Read the article in the link. You can also use an iPhone on pageplus which uses Verizon you just have to go though a few extra steps to activate it. Plenty of FAQ's that walk people through. 
 Wrong. There are iPhones on Verizon through Straight Talk and Net 10. It also depends on your zip code. Once you know what home network you want, here's how to determine which phones work on that network.NET10 and Straight Talk iPhones and BlackBerrys use the Verizon network.The Huawei W1 Windows Phone uses the AT&T network.NET10 and Straight Talk Android phones use Sprint, AT&T or Verizon depending on model: AT&T: Huawei Inspira, Huawei W1, LG L35G Optimus Logic, LG...
 I pay $60 a month but that includes unlimited internet and also landline phone service. The internet part alone is about $45. I don't know anyone that pays $99 a month for just internet. You wrongly assumed I was on the most expensive plan. I get close to 50MB speeds but have a much cheaper package. No reason to pay more when I already get great speeds for $45.   Usually we bundle it with telephone and also cable TV as a package which also adds to savings and Cox charges...
 I don't know where you found that but it doesn't seem very accurate. I am currently downloading some big files but even with that heavy download going here is my speed. I usually get about 48/15 if I am not downloading files. 
 I don't know about other carriers but Sprint allowed me to unlock my iPhone very easily. It was a long time ago so I can't remember the exact details but they asked for some info then I connected my iPhone to iTunes and got a message it was unlocked. 
 I increased the text size and also applied the Bold setting. Weird that my phone had to reboot for bold to take effect. That does help a little but I still can't help but miss the old green and blue bubbles with black text. Grey/Black and Green/white with a white background is really just ugly and also harder to read. I suppose I will get used to it since I don't have much of a choice until a jailbreak is released and I can change it. I don't see this color scheme for...
I like iOS 7 so far. I suppose my biggest complaints are with text messages just being harder to read. Not sure what they were thinking with green bubbles and white text. The old color scheme for messages was much easier to read. The phone dialer also just seems a little harder on the eyes. Far too much white and not enough contrast. I tend to prefer darker themes so the previous colors were preferable to me but I do like the new features and the design elements. I just...
I am really curious why they didn't go with the Qualcomm RF360 which would allow far fewer SKU's. Was the RF360 delayed or simply not ready to be produced in such large quantities? For anyone not familiar with it here you go. It basically is a rosetta stone for all bands and frequencies in one radio chip so Apple could make one model to run on any carrier instead of multiple ones like they do...