or Connect

Posts by gwmac

That would be nice I just didn't think that was possible. I assumed it would only be for Time Warner customers as a replacement for their set top box. I use DirecTV for TV and Cox Cable  for my internet. If The new Apple TV offered me all the same channels I watch now on DirecTV for a similar or hopefully cheaper price it would certainly appeal to me. 
I really do not need your help in determing what I want. I thought I was clear but let me try again. I have an iPhone 5s and also an iPad Air wifi version. At home I don't really use my iPhone very much except for calls and texts. When I am away from home I want to have access to voice, texts, and data and I do not want to add on an additional data bill for an iPad nor do I want to carry another device. I simply want a larger iPhone because the screen is far too small. I...
Time Warner may be large but I think they are only in a little over half the states. Here Comcast and Cox are the only ones offered in the state. But that is an interesting development and presumably would allow partnerships with all cable companies in the future. The only hinderance I see from completely replacing boxes is the lack of DVR functionality. If Apple could include DVR as an option with perhaps a separate accessory that includes a hard drive or by some other...
How is the iPod Touch or an iPad Mini a replacement for an iPhone? Have you priced data only plans vs. iPhone plans? iPhone plans are far cheaper than data only ones and also offer phone, texts, more data and subsidies with also a lower price. Good luck with an iPod touch if you need to call 911. Like the other poster said I want the largest device I can carry with me and still be portable and I certainly do not want yet another monthly bill. I carry a .45 caliber Glock...
 The great thing about Apple being so miserly with battery management over the years is that when they introduce a larger display it will likely match if not exceed the current 5s regardless of PPI, display size, or whatever resolution that they choose. The S4 has a far larger battery than the 5s, close to 2x bigger in fact ( iPhone 5s has 1,570 mAh battery, the Galaxy S4 holds 2,600 mAh)  but just manages to match it on a typical day of usage. Spend a lot of time outdoors...
Just like there are many types of LCD displays there are also many types of OLED. I bought stock in one of the original OLED companies close to 10 years ago. They are called Universal Display and have done a lot of work with OLED since the late 90's. Their new PHOLED technology is supposed to offer far greater power savings over the AMOLED type that Samsung uses. Apple will use whatever technology best meets their goals with power efficiency, price, and other factors but...
I doubt Apple is interested in search but stranger things have happened. Siri is sort of a step in that direction although they use companies like Wolfram Alpha for info. If Apple decided to go into search they would be better off to make a new type of search engine. Something better suited to answering questions along the lines of Siri. Buying Ask.com would be an interesting move. I know they have some baggage from years past about that malware browser extension but Apple...
Well that sucks. I wonder how hard it would be for Apple to add crossfire support for OS X. 
What I said: I feel bad for future anthropologists who will need to decipher Siri's voice-to-text translations of our communications.What my iPhone 5S got:  I feel bad for future anthropologists who will need to decipher series voice to text translations of our communications. Besides  confusing her name with "series" that was spot on accurate even though that was a rather strangely worded sentence.  I really don't have issues with voice to text except for not always being...
If I am alone and in a relatively quiet environment my first choice is always voice dictation for texts. By a large margin this is my my most oft used way to text.  It is faster and easier than anything and I have mastered how and what to say to Siri to get amazingly accurate results as long as I have Wifi or LTE. 3G can be somewhat slow with voice dictation of texts so it is hit or miss. For noisier situations and for short messages the Apple keyboard is fine. I would...