or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I don't think electric or even gas-electric hybrids are the answer. They seem to be transitional type technology to get us to that next level. At least right now it appears that hydrogen fuel cell cars might have the best chance for mass adoption if they can address the shortcomings. You can fill them up just like gas in only 5 minutes and they can go for up to 400 miles on a tank and they get the gas equivalent of around 60MPG. The two weak points are the price of...
I listed three alternative suggestions and none included that one. Not sure why you even quoted my post. 
And also patently obvious. Once you reach 10,000 you start using tens of thousands. Although if you choose to be less precise you could technically use thousands all the way up to a million I suppose. I prefer less ambiguity. 
You are using the strict city limit population which can be very misleading. Often the city limit is a very tiny portion of the population. Auburn has probably closer to 150,000 if you include the suburbs. It is also very close to Columbus, GA which has a metro area of around 300,000. If you look at just the population of the city of Atlanta which is relatively small area it is only around 444,000 but in reality there are around 5 million living in Atlanta just not inside...
Yes. They should have used - Over a thousand, Nearly two thousand, Close to two thousand but thousands would require at the very minimum two thousand or more. You can have similar debates over words like a couple, a few, many, and several. My general rule of thumb is a couple is 2, a few is 3 and rarely 4, several would mean at least three but not exceeding five, and many would be more than 6 those those certainly are up for debate. But when it comes to thousands the rule...
 I suggest reading this link.http://www.zdnet.com/is-aliyun-os-really-linux-android-a-rip-off-of-both-7000004318/ "Android Police found that, "Aliyun's app store appeared to be distributing Android apps scraped from the Play Store and other websites, not only downloadable to Aliyun devices as .apk files, but also provided by third parties not involved with the apps' or games' development. What's more, we've received independent confirmation from the original developers of...
As a lawyer I am pretty sure I understand how the court system works. I am very familiar with that website and Florian Mueller. I am simply advising you not to get your hopes up because I do not foresee any substantial changes from any of these lawsuits. 
 These lawsuits don't seem to be going anywhere. It looks like Samsung will have to pay Apple a pittance and will be allowed to continue operating pretty much without many changes. I think the biggest threat to Android was the Oracle lawsuit over Java against Google but that was dismissed. Do you have any reliable links to support that position because all the news on the lawsuits seems to suggest nothing much will come from any of them. 
 First of all let me say that I agree with your assessment that Android is not quite as "open" as they once pretended and I understand how they are deliberately using Google play services to lock down Android tighter. Acer however should have been aware of the contract they signed so I am not sure you can blame Google for Acer being ignorant of their contract. I also think that Google is simply doing what they had to do to protect their company and Android. Amazon's forked...
 I thought that is what I said. I understand that point and Samsung are allowed to make Windows phones or Tizen phones as long as they are not Android forks. I was complementing Google on that strategy. People here hate Google which is understandable since they are Apple's biggest competitor. Amazon's experiment has not been hugely successful when you consider many of the top apps like Clash of Clans are still not available on Amazon. Or many others get updates far later...