or Connect

Posts by gwmac

If the 5.5" will be sold as the premium phone, it makes sense they would need to add a few features that the cheaper 4.7" lacks lacks like a better camera and more storage. I really hope these mockups are inaccurate about those bezels though. I understand there is little you can shave off of the chin one because of the touchID without making it more oblong than circular, but the forehead could easily be shrunk just by putting all 3  components horizontally. It might be...
The actual device you use is becoming largely irrelevant. Does it really matter if you use an ATV, a Google device, A PS4, or Xbox, or Roku, or a dozen other options to watch Netflix or HBOGo? I have a PS3, a PS4, a Roku, and now a Google Chromecast spread over 4 TV's in my house and they all get the job done. My only requirement is that they can work with Plex well because I have over 1,000movies stored on a Mac, and can play Netflix and HBOGo. I have shied away from ATV...
I was just about to post the same observation. That does seem to be very big news indeed. ART is supposed to be over 2x as fast as Dalvik so all the old jibes about Android being slow may not longer apply. They also introduced some new graphics architecture that appears to be similar to Metal that Apple introduced to allow far more intense gaming. This could possibly be the biggest update to Android. 
 I think it is more data than you have which is to keep repeating a larger iPhone is unusable. Everyone knows all the crap you have been saying about larger iPhones so we will sure see who was right very soon once it goes on sale. So keep rocking with that antique 1st gen iPhone of yours which is less capable than even throw away $50 Android phones at this point and telling youngin's to get off your Mom's lawn since you live with her don't you? It must kill you to think...
I have been making that assertion for years here and certain members (usually ones with more than 2,000 posts) shouted me down and told me I was insane and a few other choice words. Nice to have actual data now to show how right I was.
Pretty much all apartments in Japan have balconies or terraces. I think the trend in NYC seems to be also moving more towards that as well recently. No matter how large your apartment may be, if you can't go outside onto a terrace you feel a bit claustrophobic. At least I do. My cousin moved to NYC a year ago for work  and he made sure he found a condo in Manhattan with a terrace. I understand what you mean about fans being useless on nights where the outside temperature...
That $1099 price now seems very wise since they can discount it to a far more reasonable price that hits the sweet spot and also gives people the idea they are saving over a $100. 
Yes, every room in my house has a ceiling fan. The ceiling fan can work very well in concert with the window fan or AC when it is simply too hot to save energy. That air circulation helps me keep the thermostat at 76 instead of around 71 without it. 
How so? I lived in Tokyo and it was an option there and I lived in a large apartment building with a tiny balcony. Practically no one uses clothes dryers in Japan because the energy cost is so high. Unless you are saying many people don't have even a balcony. The vast majority of Americans have a yard or at least a balcony or deck to dry clothes if they wanted so I wasn't simply addressing my comments to people that live in tall concrete coffins in NYC with no balcony or...
If most Americans would just do 2 very simple things it would save them a ton on energy bills and also help the environment. One is simply air dry your clothes instead of using a dryer. Not only is it better on your wallet and the environment, it is also far better on your clothes. I have clothing decades old that still practically look brand new because they have never been inside a dryer. Every once in a while I will put them in dryer for just a few minutes to remove...