or Connect

Posts by gwmac

I wonder how the watch band will connect to the actual watch part. Will this just be one seamless type piece or can you disconnect the watch part and therefore allow possible third parties to make bands. I am sure there would be a thriving market for bands in all shapes, sizes, colors, and materials if it can be detached.   I also wonder how adjustable and comfortable the band will be. I have a Breitling watch and it slips and slides a bit on my wrist. And since the...
Just got alert on my iPhone. Dow and S&P closed at record highs today
I understand that, but simply thought your point could have been made without quoting me at all. It stood on it's own merits as a separate discussion. It actually was an interesting tidbit of info. $165 seems a lot further down the road than $142 when your stating point is now around $90. 
 Except we weren't discussing a trillion dollar market cap. We were talking about $1,000 per share. You are the first person to mention 1 trillion so that is an interesting tidbit but rather irrelevant to the discussion.  $1,000 ÷ 7 =  $142.86. 
 Really? I have always believed that your typical small time investors are more long term types that will hold for years or even decades. The headaches with taxes and capital gains is but one reason. Also the type of people I am talking about are teachers, construction workers, small business owners, etc.. who are simply far too busy to actively monitor their Ameritrade accounts and buy and sell often. I could be wrong of course but I think individual, middle class type...
At the 7-1 split evaluation, AAPL would only need to reach a price of around $142 per share to be at the old $1,000 per share evaluation. I can see AAPL climbing to around $125 with just the iPhone 6 alone. 
I understand what you are saying but the stock market is as much about psychology as financial fundamentals. You cannot simply dismiss that. Panic sells often happen for no actual reason just from a false rumor and the same thing happens on false good rumors. If you look at stock orders, the vast majority from individual investors are in blocks of ten. There is just something more satisfying or comforting about buying 10 shares over 8, or 200 over 187.  People that were...
Even when Apple dropped below $400 and I begged friends and family to buy at that price it was still a a fairly expensive buy. Just 10 shares would have cost $4,000 back then. Of course that $4,000 investment would now be worth over $6,400 and those 10 shares would now be 70 but hindsight is always 20/20. My point is most people like to buy at least 100 at a time. This will be a lot easier to do with one share hovering around $90 to $100. This could open AAPL up to...
I have no technical reason for stating this because I am no programmer. I can hold my on with some HTML and some scripts but when it comes to C and other languages I am lost. What I want to say is based strictly off a gut feeling, but I think Swift might not only be the biggest news this WWDC but possibly in many years. From what I can gather this is a leaner, meaner, more modern language that could allow an entire new generation and pool of talent that were scared to...
 Don't be ridiculous. It was clear I was strictly speaking about the U.S.  This is after all a U.S. based English speaking website. I doubt I would need to add a stipulation on a Japanese, german, or Chinese Apple site I meant foreign carriers either.