or Connect

Posts by gwmac

That is actually what I hope will happen and I think that would be fantastic. I have been hoping for that for several years and think it could be very successful especially if it is priced around $200. Such a device would give the existing consoles some great competition. My points were only about the existing AppleTV. I could live without Amazon videos on the one you describe but could not live without Plexmedia support though so I would hope there would be a way to...
 I understood exactly what you were saying before. My point is you seem to assume very few iPhone owners also own a game console which I think is rather silly.  I imagine the percentage of people not owning a game console is a lot smaller than you think. Apple is not selling the AppleTV to make money on hardware sales like all their other products. It is sold mainly as a conduit to get people to spend money on iTunes which is why I think an iTunes app on PS4 would not be a...
Sounds like a personal attack.
 You still don't get it. I am an iPhone owner and also own an iPad and a PS4. What possible reason would any console owner and I am including all PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii which combined is a lot of people, ever have to buy an AppleTV if they already have one of those consoles? Apple makes a version of iTunes for Windows PC's and you completely ignored that. If they can make a version for Windows then why not an app for game consoles? Apple would make money off...
Who cares how many iPhones are sold? We are comparing the number of AppleTV's and Rokus sold vs the combined number of game consoles. How are you going to get iTunes content on your TV easily? How would you play those iOS games without an AppleTV? Why would you want to buy an AppleTV if you already have a game console? You wouldn't plain and simple. My PS4 already allows me to play games and view content so the only option to sell any iTunes video  content to me would be...
AppleTV and Roku are just a blip compared to the number of people using a PS, Xbox, or Wii to watch Netflix. I think improvements to AppleTV are a great idea and it could become a good casual gaming device in addition to streaming video content. I am very content with my new PS4 as I was with my old PS3 that has now been moved to a less watched TV in another room primarily for Netflix and as a Plexmedia server. I think Apple is missing out on a lot of potential customers...
Apple will keep the 4" version around for people that give a flying frack about one handed use. But guess what, there is a whole lot of people that don't care about one handed use and want all the goodness that comes with a larger display. Choice is a good thing. Do you use your iPhone with one hand while you use all the apps that are landscape mode only? There are a lot of them. I can type texts with one hand but I can type twice as fast with two hands in landscape mode....
 You could say the same about an iPhone 4 or 4s screen as well. Open up an app like Modern War,  Kingdom Age, Clash of Clans, Netflix, Youtube, and dozens more of the most popular apps and you will see exactly the same thing on a 3.5", 4", or 5" display. But which is easier to read the small texts that often appear or touch the often tiny small icons on the display? A larger display gives a far better experience. Bigger displays are coming and feel free to stick with your...
Will you please stop saying what they will or won't do. Everything you and everyone else here writes is nothing more than guesses. You don't know what Apple will or won't do anymore than anyone else here. I never stated that I wanted the 5c to be $350, go back and read my post. I was replying to someone else that said that if an iPhone 5c was suddenly priced at $350 it would magically be junk. Again, Apple knows their costs, their margins, and their customers far better...
You need to clam down and also learn to read. I never suggested that Apple lower the price by $200 and never suggested they would or should. You have no idea what their margins are anymore than I. For all you know their cost to make a 5c is $200. All those reports are nothing more than guesses. Apple knows their margins and at what price points they can or cannot sell a product. Your prediction that they will keep the 5c  also seems unlikely. The 5c will become the 6c and...