or Connect

Posts by gwmac

It is a nice feature to add but not really a wow! feature. Do't get me wrong in that I think it will be useful and a nice differentiator from other phones but I just can't see many people citing that as a reason to buy an iPhone 5S. I see more benefit from increasing the storage from 16GB to 32GB on the base model and improving the camera for most people than adding a fingerprint scanner.    I wouldn't mind an additional option of voice authentication with Siri....
When not if Apple release a larger iPhone I can't wait to see how quickly a few here will pretend they never said it won't or shouldn't happen. Funny how it is the same group who swore that 3.5" was the perfect size and would not be altered before the iPhone 5 came out. It was also the same group who thought there would never be an iPad Mini.    If Apple want to remain relevant they have no choice but to branch out with different screen sizes and price points. Even...
My predictions   iPhone 5C 16GB Free on Contract or $449 with no subsidy iPhone 5C  32GB $99 on Contract or $549 with no subsidy   iPhone 5S 32GB $199 on contract & $649 no subsidy iPhone 5S 64GB $299 on contract & $749 no subsidy iPhone 5S 128GB $399 on contract & $849 no subsidy   I can see the possibility of the iPhone 5C coming in only 8GB and 16GB models to avoid cannibalization from the 5S but 8GB really is a very small amount now with such large...
Apple very much needs one. Though I think one more year won't hurt them too badly. You really do underestimate the number of current iPhone owners who love the iPhone and iOS but are salivating at the prospect of a larger display. These people will not wait forever and will eventually venture over to Android. Not to mention current Android owners who cite the display size as their #1 reason for choosing the phone. These people are lost to Apple until there is a larger...
Big deal, I use a 4" iPhone 5 every day and find it too small to use comfortably and is my biggest complaint. Big phones are not a fad or niche. They are here to stay and are selling in huge numbers. Apple will make a larger display and Tim Cook basically said as much. He simply said there are certain compromises on screen quality they need to overcome which is Apple speak for "it will happen next year when IGZO or some other new display technology is ready" Then you can...
No in reality I have an iPhone 5 and have used a HTC One, a HTC DNA, and a Samsung Galaxy S4 and found reading text far easier on the larger displays. Especially in games like Modern War where the text is tiny it can be very hard to read on the iPhone but very easy to read on larger phones. The same applies to other apps with fixed font sizes for menu and GUI type app specific fonts. You are promoting your preference and personal bias onto other people instead of...
Hardly irrelevant. If you had an iPhone 5 with 4" and one with 5" which then would you use most. I know I certainly would prefer a larger iPhone and find my iPhone 5 annoying to use due to the smallish display. This is the one deficiency I find with the iPhone that may or may not apply to other people. But certainly a choice between the current and a larger size would make many more people very happy. 
Probably the same place they hold nearly all their big events. Moscone center. 
Amen to that. It really sucks that it looks like we will have to wait one more year for that. iOS 7 along with a iPhone 5C and the fingerprint sensor on the 5S should see them through next year until it is ready. 
Apple won't announce a new iPhone unless they are ready to ship very soon. No more than a week later would be my guess.   Seems one prolific poster that kept predicting October and told people to "shut up and go away" if they said September has some crow to eat.