or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Fantastic and very informative post as always Marvin. I think you brought up a great idea. A $99 AppleTV which would be a refresh of the current one for media consumption and then a second model perhaps around $199 or even $299 with better specs for games and apps. I doubt it would need to compete with PS4 or Xbox One but if Apple could somehow figure out a way to allow fuller IOS integration to the AppleTV I think they could have a big hit. Casual gamers are potentially a...
I expect Lenovo to emerge as the biggest Android competitor to Samsung very soon. Once Apple release a larger iPhone as well Samsung is going to be in serious trouble by this time next year.
 Now you are trying to tell me what I think and believe? I never said any such thing in fact just a few posts above I said if an updated AppleTV that were more powerful were released it would in fact do very well. I also said I had been hoping for such a product since it first came out. I was talking about the existing market and the existing AppleTV.  I pointed out that in the existing market AppleTV and Roku are only a blip when you compare the installed console base for...
Nope I understood his original argument perfectly well but I just disagree with him. It was not a matter of any misunderstanding. 
  That is actually what I hope will happen and I think that would be fantastic. I have been hoping for that for several years and think it could be very successful especially if it is priced around $200. Such a device would give the existing consoles some great competition. My points were only about the existing AppleTV. I could live without Amazon videos on the one you describe but could not live without Plexmedia support though so I would hope there would be a way to...
 I understood exactly what you were saying before. My point is you seem to assume very few iPhone owners also own a game console which I think is rather silly.  I imagine the percentage of people not owning a game console is a lot smaller than you think. Apple is not selling the AppleTV to make money on hardware sales like all their other products. It is sold mainly as a conduit to get people to spend money on iTunes which is why I think an iTunes app on PS4 would not be a...
Sounds like a personal attack.
 You still don't get it. I am an iPhone owner and also own an iPad and a PS4. What possible reason would any console owner and I am including all PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii which combined is a lot of people, ever have to buy an AppleTV if they already have one of those consoles? Apple makes a version of iTunes for Windows PC's and you completely ignored that. If they can make a version for Windows then why not an app for game consoles? Apple would make money off...
Who cares how many iPhones are sold? We are comparing the number of AppleTV's and Rokus sold vs the combined number of game consoles. How are you going to get iTunes content on your TV easily? How would you play those iOS games without an AppleTV? Why would you want to buy an AppleTV if you already have a game console? You wouldn't plain and simple. My PS4 already allows me to play games and view content so the only option to sell any iTunes video  content to me would be...