or Connect

Posts by gwmac

You better check that link you gave again because it also points to a "meteoric" rise in larger displays. I have read several articles recently saying this is a $50B market.   Here you go: http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2013/06/13/can-apple-compete-with-samsung-in-46-billion-phablet-market/ and another http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/key-growth-potential-phablets-market-000000408.html "The phablet market is huge and growing. It has been forecast that global...
It matters because I will get a lot more money every time I sell them to buy a new iPhone if they are in like new condition. So for that reason alone it is a very important consideration. Secondly the case is not just about protecting from scratches it is about protecting it from serious damage if dropped. I don't know anyone who spends time admiring their phone beyond possibly the first few minutes after you take it out of the box. 
  I hope you realize Dodge is owned by Chrysler.    I honestly do not see how a plastic phone would cheapen the brand one iota especially since the iPhone 3 and 3GS were plastic. I have no idea why Apple chose to go this route and like you can only speculate. I would guess that their research might have shown people don't want a new "old" phone and instead want a new "new" phone. Perhaps they will also save money vs. continuing to make so many different configurations if...
You really like car similes. Too bad they couldn't be more wrong. Very few people can afford a Ferrari but the vast majority of people can afford to pay $199 for the base iPhone model on contract. Just because Apple doesn't sell dirt cheap smart phones doesn't make the ones they do sell premium. They cost around the same as the Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One and less than some other phones like the Note 2 and soon 3. The iPhone costs the same as other smart phones in that...
Always is a pretty strong word. Scientists are improving the quality and durability of plastics all the time. I have a drawer full of older plastic phones and none have cracked and they certainly did't use a plastic anywhere close to as good as what the iPhone 5C will use.    Kevlar is a type of plastic and is 5 times stronger than steel less you forget. 
  Ah but we only tend to keep our phones 2 years and sometimes less. Utensils, airplanes, and engineering parts are made to last for a very long time.    But the problem is that the thinness is obviated by the need to use a case if you are worried about scratches and it seems this plastic iPhone will not need a case which could make it as thin if not thinner than a 5S in a case. That is the dilemma with aluminum, it may look nicer as you assert but if you want to protect...
If I had perfect vision I would be happier with the current 4" version but I don't and sometimes have trouble reading small print. The Zoom feature is a real PITA to use for rare occasions when I need it so that is not really an option. Turn it on in settings and you can see what I mean.  I don't want zoom I want a bigger display.  But I think a larger display will even appeal to many people with 20/20 vision simply because some people now prefer larger screen for a whole...
When it is introduced I expect we will see a big advertising campaign that reinforces "C is for Color" and they could take it even a step further and do various commercials like C is for capable, cool, connect (FaceTime reference)  etc...   I am sure Samsung and others will do their best to associate C with cheap so Apple needs to squash that right away and make C be associated with something cool and not cheap. 
I agree. If the iPhone 5C had the same internal specs and features as the 5S I would actually prefer a plastic version over an aluminum one if it meant I could ditch the case. The only reason I would prefer the 5S is because of the faster CPU/GPU, a better camera, and other enhancements and not because of any design aesthetics. 
Simple. Then don't buy it.   I think it will be the best selling iPhone by a very wide margin. It will be far more affordable but not cheaply built. It will likely have the same internals as the 5 which is a fast phone and no need to buy a case which can also be a selling point for many.    And since when was aluminum consider to be a premium or expensive material?