or Connect

Posts by gwmac

Wow this section is dead.   I went with the Logitech Harmony and so far so good in case anyone ever visits this section and cares. 
Sure, I will be happy to explain that once you admit you were wrong about a universal front end needing to be less power efficient. You also mentioned size considerations even though the RF360 is smaller. You also said the chipsets for CDMA need to be flashed to support a different CDMA carrier is also inaccurate since they use a MEID database and only allow ones in their database so no flashing required. Once you address your three errors lets address the possibility they...
Not this one. Check it out. It is smaller and  more power efficient. CDMA phones have a database of ESIN. It is not a hardware limitation.  Verizon and sprint won't add the meid number to each other network so even if it could work they won't allow it. Prior to the iPhone 5s the Sprint and Verizon iPhone 5 which is a LTE/CDMA model were identical. Only the MEID database prevents them from working on the other network not anything to do with the iPhone...
Apple will eventually go in the direction of a single universal component to reduce the number of SKU's they need to produce, and with Apple's scale the cost differential issue will be resolved. I thought that was going to happen this year with the new universal Qualcomm RF360 but for some reason they used the older Qualcomm LTE they used in the iPhone 5. I wonder what caused the delay? I suspect it just could not have been produced in a high enough volume so Apple didn't...
Here is what I find most interesting. Samsung has been selling their phones in every single country and on every single carrier on the planet for many years. Apple is just getting started and there are still many more countries they can continue to expand. It is hard to see how Samsung can grow much further than they already have. Meanwhile Apple has several billion potential new customers that will now start being able to buy an iPhone for the first time in the next few...
I have never owned an Android tablet but I would think the biggest drawback would be the lack of native tablet apps. The iPad has how many iPad native apps? Around 300,000 or so I believe. There are a few apps on my iPad that are not native like Kakao Talk and it is really an inferior experience. You can double the size but it just isn't the same. With so many Android tablet sizes and resolutions I would imagine that most apps will not give you an optimum experience. I can...
You know exactly what I meant. Yes we all know you have a 1st gen iPhone that is not activated. But you have told us repeatedly you do not have a modern iPhone as in at least iPhone 4 or later and even a 4 is pushing it as a modern iPhone.  My point is you make comments like a 5" iPhone would make your skin crawl which is ridiculous considering you won't buy a iOS 7 capable iPhone that has a 4" screen that you claim is perfect.  I have been a member here far longer than...
People have tried that in the past and he reported them for sending a PM so not an option. I just find it ridiculous for anyone to use such visceral terms and emotions when it comes to a larger iPhone. He actually said it would make his skin crawl. Give me a break. I want a larger one but found enough to like in the 5s that I bought one.  If Apple makes a larger iPhone they would continue to make a 4" version so those people would not be suddenly abandoned. If you like...
Then you can do exactly what you do with the 4" version of the iPhone and not buy one. Problem solved. 
I am looking to convert my iPad and possibly iPhone 5s as well into a universal remote. I am looking for recommendations from people that have done this. I am looking to control a Pioneer receiver, PS3, Panasonic TV, and DirecTV DVR.    So far these are my top 2...